Chapter 3

Fahrenheit 1472

Taehyung was frozen in spot. Taehyung didnt know what to do. Thankfully, Jimin's cheerful voice breaks the tension lingering between the two high schoolers.

 

"So do you want to start today? Whose house should we crash at? PArtY? Wanna go to my house? Wecouldbecomebestfriends!"

 

"U-uh I have a... p-part time job after school..." Taehyung stammered, overwhelmed by Jimin's fast flying questions.

 

Jimin clapped Taehyung's shoulder, oblivious to the fact Taehyung wanted to be away from the overly excited boy, "I can wait! Where do you work?"

 

Taehyung squirmed, whispering, "A-at a café..."

 

Jimin squealed, "OMGSOYOUHAVELIKETHOSECOOLUNIFORMSTHATLIKEMAKEYOUTENTIMESCOOLER??OMGDOYOUWORKWITHCUTEMAIDS?AHHMEGUSTA" [A/N: by no means am I trying to offend anyone Spanish its just that my friends say Me Gusta a lot XD I study French sho I’m not knowledged in/on Spanish--]

 

Without giving Taehyung anytime to respond, Jimin dragged the poor boy out the door and down the stairs to the outside. Taehyung whimpered, the burns from before school were still stinging, causing the wounds to convulse in pain when Jimin's hand wrapped around his clothed wrist.

 

Jimin stopped and looked at Taehyung worriedly, "What's up? Are you ok?"

 

Taehyung winced at the caring tone "Yeah I-I'm fine." Taehyung gave a weak thumbs-up sign. "Let's go... I'm going to be late for work..."

 

The duo walks through the deserted streets in silence with occasional outbreaks of cheesy jokes from Jimin and no responses from Taehyung. In reality Taehyung really does want to laugh at Jimin's stupid jokes, but Taehyung has never had a friend, so he has no idea how to react the way Jimin wants him to. Taehyung just secretly glanced at Jimin apologetically.

 

Jimin on the other hand might just burst at the tension and heavy silence. Jimin’s loud bursting personality really contrasted against Taehyung’s quiet and reserved personality. But everyone knows the old cliché saying, ‘Opposites attract’, so Jimin won't go down without a fight.

 

Jimin who was deep in thought payed no attention to his surroundings, resulting in him toppling over Taehyung’s skinny frame.

 

“Uwah! Sorry! Sorry! I didn’t lookwhereIwasgoingandandnad…” Jimin blabbered on and on as Taehyung picked himself from the ground as if nothing happened and entered the cafe, leaving Jimin apologizing to thin air.

 

Jimin regained his composure and rushed into the café after Taehyung.

 

---

 

Taehyung could feel the intense stare of Jimin's eyes on his back as he cleaned up the shop, readying to close the flowery café. Taehyung moved quickly back into the changing rooms once he was finished mopping the floors.

 

--

 

Jimin was actually staring at the outfit that his science partner was wearing. The formal suit hugged the sides of his body and it looked so cool it made Jimin extremely jelous of the workers here. (A/N: Otaku!Jimin lol, I had to.)

 

--

 

Taehyung breathed out a sigh of relief as he shut the door and changed back into his school uniform, glad to be away from Jimin's (maybe) judging eyes. Taehyung took his sweet time packing up while eyeing the clock.

 

"6:00... Maybe if I stall enough Jimin-sshi will let me off the hook for today..." Taehyung breathed out.

 

Just then, Jimin's head popped in through the door. "You ready?"

 

Taehyung jumped in surprise, face flushing bright red from being caught obviously stalling.

 

Jimin raised an eyebrow, noting the weird behavior from his science partner. Jimin broke into as smile and gleefully tugged Taehyung's sleeve, "What are you standing around for? Let's go~"

 

Taehyung took in a shaky breath and nodded, allowing the shorter to tug him along happily.

 

Jimin slowed to a stop and beamed at Taehyung, "Well, here we are, Jimin's lair!!"

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and allowed himself a small laugh at the stupid introduction. Taehyung saw Jimin's eyes light up in delight and heard the smaller exclaim,  "You laughed!"

 

Taehyung frowned, "Of course, I am also a  human being."

 

Jimin just shrugged and opened the door, gesturing for Taehyung to go in first.

 

Taehyung walked in, whispering a low thank you that Jimin barely caught, but heard it none the less. Jimin celebrated a little, adding a little spring to his step when he followed Taehyung into his house.

 

--

 

What hits Taehyung in the face when he steps into the house is the sound of television playing childish cartoons and the sweet, sweet aroma of home cooking,-- the whole house was as animated as Jimin's facial expressions.

 

"Oh Jimin-dear, did you bring someone home again? Is it Seokjin? Perhaps, Yoongi?" Jimin's mother asked as she appeared from the kitchen. As she rounded the corner, she smiled warmly, "Oh my, its a new face you've brought here, Jimin-dear."

 

Taehyung bowed politely and introduced himself quietly, "Nice to meet you, I am Kim Taehyung, I am here to work on a science project with Jimin-sshi."

 

Jimin questions, "Ok, Taehyung lets go to my room or do you prefer the living room?"

Taehyung lets go to my room or do you prefer the living room?"

 

Taehyung shrugged and Jimin grins and pulls Taehyung to his bedroom.

 


( °ー°) mmmmmmmm


 
( °ロ°) aaaaaaaaaaaa
 
( °°) AAAAAAAAAA
 
Thanks for actually putting up with my procrastination-- ily all