Chapter 1

Fahrenheit 1472

Fahrenheit 1472


It was a pleasure to burn. To see things eaten, blackened and changed. Taehyung absentmindedly twirled his pencil, almost agreeing with the text that sat before him out loud. It was as if the text knew exactly how he felt. The pleasure of burning. Taehyung knew it oh so well. It was already a part of his  life. Wake up, burn, go to school, come back from school, burn again, go to sleep. 

But of course, he had an image to keep up, the role model student, his façade. He had to be the happy Taehyung with a happy life. What a cliché lie. 

Taehyung doesn't know when it started. When his life blackened and changed. Maybe is was when he found out his parents never accepted him. All that love, care, and kindness was an act from the beginning. But then maybe it was when others found out he was the odd one out. It could have been all these things, but at the same time, none of these things. Taehyung just doesn't know. 

At the age of 14 his parents had already abandoned him, but still, of course funding for his school. They had only wanted him as an object for their pride, sending occasional texts of, "Study hard so we can have a face in front of the other parents." 

Not to mention, Taehyung had no friends, he worked all day. Despite his good looks, no girls flocked him, no guys invited him to a mixer. They all left him to his own businesses, and that's how he liked it. Though he complained of being left out to his Ta-re Panda, he was never fazed emotionally, at least for now. But in the end he was never left physically unfazed. 

It really is a pleasure to burn. 

1472 degrees Fahrenheit, the degrees in which Taehyung burns his body. 472, in which numbers the most recent of burns that dot his used to be milky skin. 

Burn. Burn. Burn.
Work. Work. Work.
Empty. Empty. Empty. 

The sickeningly loud lunch bell rang, much to his distaste. His mind drifted to burning once again till one of his classmate stumbled into the classroom as the teacher was leaving. 

"Sorry I'm late!" The dark haired boy exclaimed, standing to attention. 

The teacher frowned, "Park Jimin, this is the-- I can't even remember how many times you've been late! I will let you off this last time, but, next time you'll be in my office Saturday." 

Taehyung mentally scowled at this 'Park Jimin', that was currently taking the empty seat infront of Taehyung. 

As Taehyung laid back into his chair, Jimin's melodic laughter filled his ears to the brim. Taehyung's eye twitched in irritation. He was really not starting to like his new seat neighbor. 


A/n: thanks for all the support, here's the first chapter, I'm sorry for the crappiness (⌒-⌒; ) hopefully the next chapter will satisfy your vmin feels (maybe) ϵ( 'Θ' )϶

Edit: this chapter was shorter than expected. Σ(・□・;). but I hope I can make the next chapter longer 〜〜