In Loving Memory

Train of Memories

tumblr_inline_mfgkzdGUlK1qaw0bs.gif

Rachel didn’t have to guess to know where Daehyun was. She didn’t even need the fortune teller from earlier to tell her where he was.

She ran to the kiddie train and saw Daehyun sleeping in one of the train carts. She pulled out a letter from her pocket that she had been waiting to give Daehyun for years. She put it on the metal rod of the cart, using a smiley face magnet.

Softly, she leaned onto Daehyun as she sat down next to him.

Once again, surprising her, he moved his arm and put it around her.

“I remember...” he whispered with his eyes still closed.

“Remember what?”

“You.”

“What about me?”

Daehyun chuckled, “everything. I love you.”

Rachel smiled as tears filled her eyes. She quickly wiped them away.

"I'm so sorry, Daehyun. I'm so sorry..."

~~~

Daehyun  woke up the next morning with the bright morning sun shining in his eyes. Memories of what happened last night flooded his mind. He smiled and looked down at his long lost love, Rachel.

“Rachel-ah,” he whispered.

When there was no response from her, he called her name again, “Rachel? Wake up.”

He carefully unwrapped his arm from around her shoulders and looked at her more closely. His smile was wiped off of his face and replaced with a worried expression.

“Rachel, open your eyes.”

Nothing.

He hesitantly placed two fingers on her neck to check for a pulse. His heartbeat quickened when he didn’t feel anything. He looked around frantically, searching for help. His eyes stopped when he saw a letter on the metal rod of the train cart.

He removed the magnet with one hand and held the letter in his other hand. He stared at the magnet and realized that it was the same magnet from one of his flashbacks.

“You really were the girl weren’t you?” he asked out loud, not expecting Rachel to reply.

He put the magnet down and opened the letter with his name on it.

Dear Daehyun,

By the time you read this, I will probably be dead. Please don’t blame yourself for anything. Whether it’s for not finding out the truth earlier or because I died. It’s my fault for not letting you know the truth, but it was only for the better.

You probably know everything by now, but you probably don’t know the reason behind me and other people keeping this from you.

After the accident, our families blamed each other for what happened. After you got out of the hospital, with no memory of what happened, my family decided to move away. Despite our young age at the time, I still knew that we’d meet up again one day and the truth would be revealed. I knew at the time that you had feelings for me, and I did too. I just didn’t know that they were romantic feelings. I mean, what 8 year old would?

Anyways, when our families crossed once again, I talked to your mom. We both agreed that we’d let  you figure things out on your own, and I knew that I’d be gone by then. I talked to Dasom as well. She took no time to accept the role of playing your long lost soulmate. That doesn't change the fact that she loves you.

I’m going to skip all the sad talk and get to the point.

Don’t let the truth affect what you have with Dasom. I know you didn’t fall in love with her because of what you thought happened back then, because you didn’t know what happened or with who. Dasom is an amazing girl, and don’t you forget or lose her. If you ever do, know that I'm going to haunt the crap out of you.

I’ve already talked to my family about settling things between them and your family, all you have to do is convince your parents to do the same thing.

 

Love,

Rachel

tumblr_lsbc3l0VC71ql1l0v.gif

Don’t worry everyone, there is 1 more chapter, but not a continuation of the present time...does that make sense? I ended this chapter pretty early because I didn’t know what else to write. Eventually I'll come back in the future and add more to this. I know that most of these chapters are pretty short...ok they are short, but I hope you all still enjoyed them. Thank you for reading~! Bye~!