Rachel? (Part 1)

Train of Memories

tumblr_inline_mfgkzdGUlK1qaw0bs.gif

Daehyun spend most of his Saturday just preparing for going to the carnival later that day. He remembered that his mother said that all he had to do was go to the carnival today and he’ll remember everything again.

“Do I want to remember what I forgot?” he asked himself.

He was hesitant about remembering the past. Maybe it was left forgotten over the years for a reason.

He shook his head, “no! I don’t want to miss this chance and regret after.” “I think you’ll regret it either way sweetie,” his mother said, startling him. “How long have you been standing there?!” She smiled and sat down next to him on his bed, “not very long.” Daehyun nodded, “so...what do you mean I’ll regret it either way?” His mom sighed, “it’s been 10 years since you forgot about h---it. Once you remember all of it, I’m not sure you’ll be happy with the result.” “Wait, forgot about it? What were you about to say?” She reached over and held his hand, “just...be prepared. It’s going to be a tough night. You have to be ready for anything. Time is precious, so don’t waste it on doing something you’ll regret”

Before he could ask her what she meant, there was a knock at the door.

“Daehyun! Are you ready? Let’s go!” he heard Yongguk’s voice shout. “I’m coming!” Daehyun shouted back as he stood up

He looked back at his mom, and she gave an approving nod.

Daehyun went to the door and opened it. He was greeted by an unhappy Yongguk.

“Took you long enough. Come on, Dasom and the rest are waiting outside,” he said.

Daehyun followed Yongguk outside and saw 3 cars, most likely one for the guys, another for Violet, Hyorin and her girls, and lastly, Rachel’s car, which Dasom was also in.

“Daehyun~!” Dasom cheered as she ran up to hug Daehyun.

Daehyun hugged her back tightly and kissed her on her forehead.

“Let’s go lovebirds. I don’t want to spend too much time here before it gets really dark and Violet screams again,” Yongguk smirked. Violet scoffed, “in your dreams.” “Well, it is the Carnival of Destiny. Maybe it’s destined to happen again,” he retorted.

Violet didn’t bother to continue and got back in the car and was later joined by Hyorin.

“Well, see you all at the carnival entrance,” Bora shrugged as she followed Soyou into the car to join Hyorin and Violet.

All of the guys, with the exception of Daehyun, got into their van and followed the girls as they drove off.

“Um...if you two don’t mind, I’d like to go to the carnival too,” Rachel said. “Oh, sorry,” Dasom said awkwardly as she got out of Daehyun’s hug.

Daehyun and Dasom climbed into the back seat as Rachel got into the drivers. Their ride was quiet, yet comfortable. They all had something on their minds, especially Daehyun.

~~~

Once everyone arrived at the carnival and bought their tickets in, they all split up into groups to do their own thing.

Yongguk, Jongup, Zelo, and Soyou went to go enjoy the rides. Himchan, Youngjae, and Bora went to the food stands to find something to eat. Daehyun, Dasom, Hyorin, Violet, and Rachel all went to do other activities like facepainting, watching stunt acts, and so on.

After a while, Violet noticed that Rachel wasn’t with them anymore.

“Where’s Rachel?” she asked.

The rest looked around and just realized that Rachel was gone.

“She probably just went to see the tigers or something. You know she loves dangerous looking stuff,” Hyorin reasoned. “Or not,” Dasom said pointing to Rachel, who was walking towards them. “Where did you go?” Violet asked. “First of all, that’s a cute puppy you got there, Dasom,” Rachel laughed. Dasom giggled, “I know right! He’s so adorable!” “It wasn’t my choice,” Daehyun mumbled. “He lost to a bet,” Hyorin explained, ruffling Daehyun’s hair. “Yeah, yeah. Now tell me where the hell you’ve been!” Violet yelled. “Well, mom, I was in the fortune teller’s tent,” Rachel replied. “Ooh, what’d she say?” Violet said, sounding more interested. Rachel shrugged, “she didn’t tell me anything I didn’t know already.” “Which was~,” Violet said, urging Rachel to tell her.

“Ooh! Look, a haunted house! Let’s go!” Rachel said happily, almost jumping like a 3 year old. “No way I’m going in there!” Violet shouted. “Which means I can’t go either,” Hyorin smiled and looked at Violet. “Do you want to go?” Daehyun asked Dasom. Dasom shook her head, “no thanks. I’m going to join Bora, who’s probably still at the cotton candy stand. You can go if you want though honey.” Daehyun nodded, then looked at Rachel, “guess it’s just you and me then.”

As Violet and Hyorin went to get their own fortunes told, Dasom walked passed Rachel, “don’t make me regret this.” Then she walked to the food section of the carnival grounds.

Rachel cleared nervously and looked at Daehyun.

“Well, let’s go!” he said excitedly before grabbing her wrist and running to the haunted house.

They walked into the entrance hallway of the haunted house calmly. Rachel loved horror and dangerous kind of stuff, so this was nothing to her. Daehyun,.although he didn’t love horror as much as Rachel does, he loved thriller and surprises. He did have 5 of the craziest men in the world as his best friends.

Abruptly, the lights flashed off.

Rachel’s heart raced in anticipation, “bring it.”

She was prepared for random people who looked like ghosts or zombies to pop out, but she wasn’t anywhere near prepared for what actually happened.

Daehyun picked her up and put her on his back. She screamed, not knowing who picked her up, or what was happening.

“That’s the first time I heard you scream,” Daehyun chuckled. “Yah!” she scolded, hitting the back of his head. “Ready?” he asked. “Sure,” she answered nervously, not really sure exactly what to be ready for.

Daehyun sprinted off through the hallway, carrying Rachel on his back.

They entered a room where suddenly, cardboard pictures of zombies popped up from the ground.

Daehyun and Rachel laughed as they dodged the cardboard cut-outs.

“For a guy that eats cheesecake daily, you’re swift,” Rachel joked. Daehyun laughed, “for a girl that rarely talks and always has earbuds in, you seem like you’re having fun.” Rachel held on to him tighter, “you’ll love the next room.”

Daehyun slowed down to a walk as he entered the next room. He cautiously walked through the pitch black room, searching for the exit door that would lead to the hallway leading out of the house.

“Is there anything in here?” Daehyun asked after what it seemed like to be 15 minutes of walking.

He didn’t hear a reply from Rachel, but he felt her body relax and her head fall onto his shoulder.

“Rachel? Are you ok?” he asked, coming to a hault.

Still no reply.

“Rachel?” he repeated.

All of a sudden, a high pitched scream was heard that made the whole room shake. The scream had startled Daehyun so much that he accidently dropped Rachel.

“Oh my god! Sorry Rachel! Are you ok?!” he yelled into the air. He couldn’t see anything, nor did he hear anything after that scream. He crouched down and tried to see if he could find Rachel, but he didn’t feel anything but the cold, metal floor. He began to grow worried and anxious.

Then there was a voice. Though it wasn’t any where near to being Rachel’s. No matter how hard Rachel could’ve tried, there was no way it could be Rachel.

“Keep walking,” it chanted. “Keep walking.”

The voice sounded like a little kid. It was similar to those in horror movies when a little kid sings a lullaby before a ghost pops up.

Daehyun started to feel his heart beat harder and faster.

“Keep walking.”

He hesitated, but took a few more steps.

BOOM