Incomplete

Train of Memories

tumblr_inline_mfgkzdGUlK1qaw0bs.gif

Despite the whole week being full of exams, the week went by relatively fast. Before any of them knew it, it was Friday, and they gathered once again at the same McDonalds. This meeting seemed to be more serious though since Daehyun suggested they’d meet and just talk. Everyone by then knew that if Daehyun wanted to meet and just talk without getting food, something serious was going to happen.

“Why are we here today?” Zelo asked innocently. “You even invited Hyorin and the rest of her girls,” Yongguk pointed out “I had a flashback last Saturday and talked to my mom about it,” Daehyun began, “she told me something...surprising and confusing.” “What?” Youngjae asked. “I saw a photo in my flashback of me when I was a little kid with another person. That person was a girl, and when I asked my mom who it was, she said it was...Dasom,” Daehyun explained. “What did the photo look like?” Rachel asked. “It was me and the girl, who apparently was Dasom, sitting under a big tree. That’s all I remember.” “I don’t remember taking a picture with you under a tree,” Dasom said. Daehyun shrugged, “that’s just what my mom told me. Maybe you just forgot over the years. It has been quite a while.” Dasom nodded, “you’re probably right.”

“Are you girls going with us to the carnival tomorrow?” Himchan asked Bora and Soyou. Bora ginned, “of course!” “Bora loves cotton candy,” Hyorin explained. “What about you Soyou?” Himchan asked. Soyou just nodded as her reply. “What time are we going?” Jongup asked. “We’ll go at 9pm, so it’ll be dark outside,” Yongguk said with a sparkle in his eye. “I’m not doing that again,” Violet rolled her eyes, knowing what Yongguk was thinking about. “We all know you will,” Yongguk he joked. “It was one time!” Violet urged. “Actually, you screamed and hid behind Yongguk because something, which ended up to be a drop of water, landed on your shoulder when it was hardly dark outside about 4 times now,” Youngjae reflected. “I’m not arguing with you again,” Violet forced out with a shaky voice. “Geez, what’d you do to her?” Yongguk asked Hyorin. “It’s a secret,” Hyorin smiled, putting a finger up to her lip.

Youngjae was about to say something to Violet, but Rachel kicked his leg under the table before a sound could come out his mouth.

~~~

After discussing a few more things with each other, not minding the sleeping Jongup, they decided to go home.

When Daehyun got home, he went straight up into his attic. Anything old or still unpacked from their move years ago, was thrown up there to wait to be sorted out in the future. However, it had been over 8 years since they moved to where they are now, and the unpacked boxes are still left untouched and  collecting dust.

He opened a box that was marked “B” and saw photo albums in it. The grabbed a random one and opened it. The first picture he saw was a class picture when he was in 2nd grade. He saw himself in  the second row, Dasom in the first, but he didn’t recognize anyone else. He turned the page and saw him and Dasom again. As he kept turning pages, he noticed that Dasom was in basically every photo.

Daehyun pulled out his phone and dialed Dasom’s number.

“Hey jagi, how are you?” she greeted. “Hey Dasom. I’m good, but I have a question for you.” “Sure, what is it?” “You were in my 2nd grade class, and that’s how we met right?” he asked. “Yeah, that’s right. Why are you asking?” “Did we take a lot of photos together?” he asked, ignoring her question. “Um..., yeah, I’d say that,” she said hesitantly. “Dasom, you know I’m only asking to get the rest of my memory back, so please tell me what you know for sure,” Daehyun told her sternly. “I know for sure that we took photos together in 2nd grade. I know for sure we met in 2nd grade,” she said. “Thanks babe. See you tomorrow,” he said as they both hung up.

He slid the photo album back into the box and climbed back down the ladder. He went to go find his mom and do a bit more questioning because he didn’t get a chance the last time they were on this subject.

“Mom?” he called softly as he entered the living room, seeing his mom watching TV. “Yes honey?” she replied, turning around. “About last week and the picture with Dasom,” he started, “how many pictures of me with her were there?” His mom sighed, “what’s the real question you wanted to ask me?” She knew him too well to let him slip by with that question. “Do you know what part of my memory is missing?” he asked. “Why are you trying so hard Hyunnie? Aren’t you happy with all the memory that you got back? You got your family, friends, and now you have a loving girlfriend that you are happy with. Isn’t that all you need?”

His mother did make a point. He was happy, and that is all that he needed, but knowing that a piece of his memory, a chunk of his life, is still lost.

“I...I just feel incomplete. Something doesn’t feel right, and getting my memory back can fix that! Please mom, I need your help. Without that missing chunk of memory, my life is incomplete. I won’t truly be happy until I get that piece back.”

His mom looked at him deeply, then nodded, “ok son. I’ll help, but if you want to get your memory back, you’ll have to be prepared for anything, and we’re gonna do it my way.” Daehyun nodded eagerly, “nae!” “Daehyun, I’m serious. You have to be prepared for anything; even the worst. Are you sure?”

Daehyun thought about what his mom was saying, but if it meant getting the rest of his memory back, he was willing to do it.

He nodded again, “yes.” “First thing is, you have to make sure you go to the carnival tomorrow. I’m sure you already plan on going, but just make sure you do,” his mom said. As strange as it sounded, Daehyun agreed to do it, “is that all?” She glanced at the calendar on the wall and then looked back at him, “if all goes as planned, yes. That should be all it’ll take to get the rest of your memory back.”

tumblr_lsbc3l0VC71ql1l0v.gif

I admit, not the best chapter I’ve ever written, and it’s shorter than the previous chapters too. It was midnight when I wrote this, so please understand lol. I know this story is kinda flying by fast, and I’m sorry to those who don’t like that, but this story will end pretty soon. Maybe 2-3 more chapters left. Hope you enjoy the read so far!

 

P.S. Sorry for taking so long to update, school's been busy and after re-reading what I wrote, I wanted to change things, but I was too busy to do so. In the end I just left things the way they are so I can finish this up and go back to my other unfinished story here. If you want to check that out, it's called "Experiment MD11" with BTS and OCs.