Rachel? (Part 2)

Train of Memories

BOOM

A trap door opened and Daehyun fell down a turning slide. He stumbled to get his way through to the end, but it was simply impossible.

When he finally got the end, he had no idea where he was.

“Did you have fun?” a familiar voice asked.

“Rachel,” he thought.

He looked around frantically, but he didn’t see her.

She giggled, “just go forward.”

He did as she said and crawled forward. He found a door and pushed it open. There before him, was a busy carnival and a smiling girl waiting for him.

“There you are!” he shouted before running to her and giving her a hug.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

Daehyun looked at her confusingly.

“Did you have fun?” she repeated.

Daehyun let out the breath that he had been holding since he entered that room.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I THOUGHT YOU DIED OR SOMETHING!” he exclaimed.

Despite her ears ringing from how loud he yelled, she smiled playfully, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

Just then, Rachel’s phone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and clicked the accept button, “yes Yongguk?”

“Where are you? You know what, doesn’t matter. Meet us at the exit, we’re about to leave. And before you say that you have your own car, Dasom refuses to leave without saying goodbye to Daehyun,” he said before hanging up and not giving Rachel a chance to say a word.

“They’re leaving and Dasom wants to say goodbye or else she’ll stay the whole night if she has to,” Rachel translated to Daehyun. “Ok, but I need to use the restroom, you go on.”

Rachel nodded and ran off to go find the exit.

~~~

After using the restroom, something caught his eye.

It wasn’t anything special, yet something about it just drew his attention to it. It was a colorfully painted train that was on a small train track that lead through the whole carnival.

He carefully climbed into one of the seats and leaned back. As he closed his eyes, he slowly drifted off into a deep sleep. One that he will always remember. One that brought back everything.

~~~

“Where is this boy?!” Himchan asked, growing frustrated. “Look, I don’t have anything to do tomorrow. You guys go ahead, go home, and get some rest. I’ll look around for him,” Rachel said. “But I didn’t---” “Dasom! It’s past midnight and I know you have an audition for an academy tomorrow! Go home and get some rest! Do you want to go to that audition and pass or not?!” Rachel shouted.

Before Dasom said something that she’d probably regret, Hyorin dragged her back to her car.

“She’s right, we all have something we can’t miss. Let’s just go, we’ll talk to Daehyun tomorrow,” Hyorin said.

Everyone nodded and walked out into the parking lot. Yongguk turned around and gave Rachel a sincere look.

“You know what to do,” Rachel simply stated.

Rachel saw tears form in his eyes as he gave her a tight hug. Rachel’s eye’s started to water, but she gave the biggest smile as she could and patted his back.

“Rachel?”

“Yes?”

“I don’t say or show this as often as I should, but I care about you. I really do; a lot. I---”

“Please don’t make this harder than it should be Yongguk.”

Yongguk’s arms tightened even more around Rachel as tears fell. He then let go and looked at her.

“They’re waiting for you,” she whispered, wiping away his tears.

“Rachel...”

“Yongguk, please. Don’t. You’re the greatest brother I could ever have, and so is Yongnam. Please tell him that, and tell Natasha, mom, and dad that I love them,” she said, giving him one last hug and then running off.

tumblr_lsbc3l0VC71ql1l0v.gif