Part 5

Changing Tao

            Sehun was listening to the music through the earphones when Kai shook his hand. He turned his face at the older then pulled out the earphones. “Why? Do you want me to order chicken for your really late breakfast?” he asked.

            Kai shook his head in response then leaned on the pillow as he rubbed his eyes. “Do you hear some noise, Hunie?” he asked in a horse tone.

            Sehun was silent for a moment, trying to figure out what noise Kai meant, and then he nodded when he had heard something dimly. “Yeah, but it’s so dimly and it’s from the downstairs?” he guessed. “What’s happened?”

            “Maybe they’re fighting over the food or stuff,” Kai guessed nonchalantly then tried to sleep again, but in the same time, he opened his eyes in a sudden then got up from his bed. “I want to pee,” he said as he rushed out of their room.

            Sehun was still lying on his stomach while guessing what had happened in the downstairs. He decided to come out of their room and walked downstairs when he heard Kai’s yell. He frowned when he found Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, and Kai gathering in front of the bathroom and heard the bangs on the bathroom door and someone’s crying. “What’s going on?” he asked and the people turned their face at him. “Who’s in the bathroom?”

            “It’s Tao hyung,” Kai answered as he grabbed his pants. He wanted to pee so badly, but Baekhyun and Chen did not allow him to come into the bathroom because Tao was in there. “They’re locking him up, Hunie. Can you believe it?”

            “Yah, I’m not! Baekhyun and Chen are locking him up,” exclaimed Chanyeol.

            “Why are you doing that? Hyungs, you’re so mean!” said Sehun then he walked to the bathroom and when he was about to unlock the door, Baekhyun grabbed his hand. He frowned at the older and tried to let go of his hand. “Hyung, what’re you doing?”

            “What’re you doing?” Baekhyun asked back instead of answering Sehun’s question.

            “I’m going to set him free of course. Don’t you hear his crying? Man, how could you have a heart to do this at him? Now, let go of my hand,” said Sehun.

            “And I need to use the bathroom,” Kai added. “I can’t hold it any longer.”

            “Seriously, Kai yah, this is not the one and only bathroom in this house. You can use the other bathroom in Xiumin hyung’s room,” said Chen.

            “His room is locked! Please, let me in~ I can’t…” Kai pushed Sehun and Baekhyun out of his way then unlocked the door before either Baekhyun or Chen prevented him to do so.

            When the door had opened widely, they were so surprised to see Tao was lying on the floor unconsciously. Chanyeol and Sehun hurriedly brought him up to the living room while Baekhyun and Chen followed them behind and Kai entering the bathroom to sort out his problem.

            “How long he’s in there? God, what should we do now?” Sehun asked worriedly as he shook Tao’s body to wake him up.

            “It’s almost an hour…” Chen answered in a low tone. He felt so guilty because he had made Tao fainted. “His heart is still beating, isn’t it? He’s fainting because he cried a lot I guess. He will wake up soon, right?”

            “This! Put it a bit on his nose,” Baekhyun said as he gave Chanyeol a bottle of aromatherapy, which had a strong smell. “He will wake up soon as he smells it.”

            Chanyeol did Baekhyun’s instruction. He put a bit of the aromatherapy on Tao’s nose, but he was still unconscious. “You two are just too much!” he blamed at Baekhyun and Chen.

            “But it’s for his own sake, Yeol ah!” said Chen. “You agreed that he needed to take a bath alone, so that’s why we did that.”

            “But that’s wrong! Look what you’ve done at him.”

            “Guys, please, stop it,” said Sehun who still shook Tao’s body. He worried about the older that much. Tao looked so pale at the time, but, fortunately, he was still breathing. “Tao-ssi, wake up… please, wake up…”

            “How’s his condition?” asked Kai in a sudden.

            “Just like what you see now,” said Sehun in a sad tone. He took the aromatherapy from Chanyeol then put a bit more of it on Tao’s nose. “It doesn’t work!” he grumbled in frustrate. “Come on, Tao-ssi, please wake up…” he begged as he slapped Tao’s cheeks lightly and continuously.

            Kai helped Sehun by shaking Tao’s body while Chanyeol putting the aromatherapy on his nose. Baekhyun and Chen only looked at them in guilty. Both of them even grabbed each other’s hand and exchanged a sad look. They never meant to make this happen.

            After long waited passed, Tao slowly moved his finger then he opened his eyes. Sehun could not describe his feelings in a word, so he pulled the older into his embrace. Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Chen sighed in relief after seeing his conscious.

            “Tao yah, I’m so sorry…” Chen said as he knelt on his knees then grabbed Tao’s hand and caressed it.

            Baekhyun slowly approached Tao then hugged his neck and buried his face onto his hair. “I’m a bad hyung, Tao yah… I’m so sorry…” he said.

            “It’s okay, hyungs…” said Tao weakly but he smiled at them so they would not feel guilty at him. “I know you meant to do something good on me, but I’m still not ready. I’m sorry…”

            “Don’t say sorry. That’s not your fault, but ours, right, Baekie yah?” Chen said then nodded by Baekhyun in response. He got up then pulled Tao’s hand. “I want to fix my mistake, Tao yah. Let me accompany you bathing! You haven’t bathed, have you?”

            “No, choose me! I also want to fix my mistake,” said Baekhyun.

            Chanyeol only shook his head to see Baekhyun and Chen fighting over Tao. He did not like the way of two guys treated their panda earlier, but he did not like the most when they offered themselves to accompany Tao bathing. That doesn’t work either! he thought.

            Instead of choosing between Baekhyun and Chen, Tao chose Sehun to join him bathing. “You haven’t bathed, have you, Hunie?”

            Sehun only laughed in response.

 

***