Part 23

Changing Tao

            It was five in the evening. Baekhyun and Suho had arrived in their house and so did Kai and Lay, who arrived earlier than BaekHo. After greeting the members in the living room, Suho walked upstairs. He was so tired after having an mc recording and he got stressed with Luhan’s news. All he wanted to do was sleeping. He hoped he would feel better after that. When he was already in the 2nd floor of the house, he saw Kyungsoo sitting gloomily in front of his room while knocking on the door weakly and continously. “Kyungsoo yah, what’s happened?” he asked when he was standing in front of the younger.

            Kyungsoo lifted up his head to see Suho and he looked so surprised with the leader’s presence. He got up from the floor with his head down. He was afraid to tell what had happened to Suho, but he needed to. So, he told the older that Tao had found out about Luhan’s news accidentaly and had locked himself for hours. “I’m sorry, hyung...” said Kyungsoo, still with his head down. “I didn’t do my best to take care of him. I’m sorry, hyung. I’m sorry...”

           “No...” Suho pulled Kyungsoo into his arms. “It’s okay. This is not your fault,” he said then he broke the hug. He lifted up Kyungsoo’s face and looked at him. The younger looked so awful and it made him feel pity on him. “Now that I’m here, you can take a rest. I’ll take my baby.”

            Kyungsoo nodded then walked into his room, leaving Suho alone.

            Suho looked at the door of his room then sige. Maybe I shouldn’t ask Kyungsoo to hide the news from my baby and let him find it out by himself. Or should I the one who tell him about that? Yah... what a bad mother I am! He thought irritably. Then he knocked on the door. “Baby, it’s me, your mommy,” he said. “Please, let me in. I want to sleep for a while.”

            There was no response, but Suho did not want to give up. He kept on knocking on the door and calling Tao’s name. He was success. His baby finally unlocked the door and opened it. They looked at each other for a while. As same as Kyungsoo, Tao looked awful. His hair was messy and his eyes swollen. Suho could see the dried tears on the maknae’s cheeks that made him feel more guilty, but he tried not to worry about his baby so much. He forced himself to smile and Tao smiled bitterly in response. “Welcome home, mom,” he said as he hugged Suho.

            “Good boy!” Suho said happily as he tightened the hug. Without his expectation, Tao started to cry on his shoulder. He was confused, but then he knew why he cried. “Don’t cry, baby,” he said as he caressed Tao’s back. “I know it’s hurt, but we can pass it step by step. You’re not alone. You have me and eight brothers who will always support you.”

            Tao did not make any response, but cried. After who knew how long they hugged each other, the maknae broke the hug. He wiped the tears and smiled at Suho. “You must be so tired. You should take a rest, mom,” he said then pulled Suho’s hand. Both of them came into their room then Tao put Suho on his bed.

          “Thank you, baby,” Suho said as he covered his body with his blanket. “What are you going to do after this?”

            “I’m going to take a bath,” Tao answered as he took out his towel.

            “Aaah... you’re going to take a bath with Sehunie?”

            Tao chuckled then shook his head. “I’m not that kind of person,” he said. “I’m going to take a bath alone.” When he was about to leave, he stopped for a while at the door. Then turned his body to see Suho. “Mmm... Mom, can I sleep with Kyungsoo tonight?”

 

***

 

            As he expected, Kyungsoo could not sleep even though he wanted to. He needed to make up his mind by sleeping, but his mind was so busy thinking and it made him hard to sleep. Then he sat on his bed and sighed. It was almost a half past six in the evening when Kyungsoo looked at the clock on the wall. It’s time for dinner, he thought then got up from his bed and left his room. He decided to prepare the dinner to make himself busy. He walked downstairs then he saw Chanyeol, Kai, Baekhyun, and Lay watching something funny on the tv, but no one laughed at it. “What do you want to eat for dinner?” Kyungsoo asked to the boys.

            “I’m not hungry,” Baekhyun answered then nodded by Lay in agreement.

            “We still have the soup I made,” said Chanyeol with his eyes were still on the tv. “You don’t have to cook, Kyungsoo yah.”

            “Okay. I’ll make curry ramyun then,” said Kyungsoo, ignoring Chanyeol’s words. Then he went into the kitchen and started to cook. He did not need a lot of time to prepare the dinner because he knew well how to cook quickly. Less than thirteen minutes, the dinner was ready. He smilet at the food after tasting it a bit. Then without telling the others that the dinner was ready, Kyungsoo ate the dinner alone in the kitchen. He did not eat a lot because he still felt stress.

            After finishing his food and washing his plate, Kyungsoo walked upstairs to take his towel in his room. He wanted to take a bath then sleep. When he was about to open the door of the bathroom, Kyungsoo was a bit confused that it was locked inside. He could not do anything, but waiting for the person. He leaned on the wall near the bathroom as he watched tv from his place.

            Until who knew how long Kyungsoo had been waiting for his turn to take a bath, the door of bathroom was opened slowly. Then Tao came out of the room and his eyes met Kyungsoo’s eyes. Kyungsoo was so surprised to see Tao sobbing. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked worriedly as he grabbed Tao’s arm.

            Tao tried to stop his sobbing then he wiped the tears. “It’s still scary me to death...” he answered weakly as he pointed at the bathroom.

            Kyungsoo sighed. “You still can’t get over it, huh?” he asked then nodded by Tao in response. “It’s okay, it’s okay...” Kyungsoo caressed the maknae’s back to comfort him. “At least you still want to try. Good job! Good boy!” And then Kyungsoo remembered that he had not finished their problem earlier. He needed to apologize to Tao. “By the way, I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you this afternoon,” he said. “I was wrong. I’m sorry, Tao yah...”

            “It’s okay,” said Tao as he smiled.

            Kyungsoo smiled back. “Oh! I made curry ramyun for our dinner. Come on, you should eat it!” he said then pulled Tao’s hand to follow his steps to the kitchen.

            “But I’m not hungry,” said Tao.

            “You should eat even just a bit. It’s for your health, okay?”

            Tao finally nodded then he ate the food after Kyungsoo gave him a plate full of the food. “It’s good! You’re jjang!” he said happily.

            Kyungsoo chuckled. “I know,” he said proudly. “Okay, I’m going to take a bath now. Eat well~”

            “Oh! Wait!” Tao stopped Kyungsoo’s step. “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

            Kyungsoo frowned confusedly. He was silent for a moment before answering the question. “Why? Are you fighting with your mom until you don’t want to sleep with him tonight?”

            Tao chuckled then his cheeks blushed. “I’m not fighting with my mom. I just want to sleep with you. Maybe I want to share something with you, but I’m not sure. I just... i just want to...” He was silent for a moment because he felt awkward in a sudden. “I’ve asked my mom and he let me to. So, can I sleep with you?”

            Kyungsoo looked at Tao deeply then nodded. “Okay, but you should tell this to Lay hyung.”

 

***

 

            Kyungsoo just finished bathing and he saw Lay still watching tv alone. “Hyung, where are the others?” he asked to him.

            Lay shook his head. “I don’t know. Maybe they’re in their rooms,” he answered then changed the channel. “Why all of the tv programs look so boring...” he said and kept on changing the channel.

            “Have you had dinner?” Kyungsoo asked again.

            “I’m not hungry.”

            “But you should eat even just a bit. I don’t want you to be sick.”

            Lay sighed then he looked at Kyungsoo. He smiled a bit. “Okay,” he agreed. “By the way, Tao told me that he wanted to sleep with you tonight. So, I will sleep with Suho?”

            Kyungsoo nodded. “Is that fine with you?” he asked worriedly.

            Lay nodded. “Treat him well! Don’t make him sad again, Kyungsoo yah.”

            Kyungsoo laughed a bit then nodded. “I’m going to go to our room then,” he said. “Don’t forget to eat your dinner, hyung, and don’t sleep late!”

            “Okay, baby~”

            Kyungsoo then walked upstairs to go to his room. He saw Tao laying on Lay’s bed while hugging his panda doll. The younger was smiling when he entered the room. “Am I waking you up?” Kyungsoo asked as he put his towel on the hanger.

            “You’re not. I haven’t slept yet,” answered Tao then sat on the bed. “Kyungsoo yah, am I still like a baby?” he asked carefully.

            Kyungsoo fixed his half-dried hair before answering the question. “Not really, but there’s a time you would be like a baby and it’s irritating,” he answered honestly. “By the way why were you asking me that question?”

            “I just want to know if I’ve changed into a real man or not. Gosh, why is it too hard to do...” Tao pouted as he moved his panda’s hands. He looked at Kyungsoo who was changing his clothes with his pajamas. “Kyungsoo yah... do you give up to help me to be a real man?”

            “I don’t feel like that. Why? Do you give up to be a real man?”

            “No,” Tao answered simply. “Kyungsoo yah, teach me how to face this problem. Teach me how to be happy even though we’re not happy. Teach me...”

            “Wait, wait!” Kyungsoo stopped Tao. “What makes you want to do so?”

            “Because Lu-ge told me so.”

 

***