Part 19

Changing Tao

    As the days flew by, Tao really meant what he had said. He acted like a real man he used to be. He did not whine, beg, and sulk again to his hyungs and two little brothers. Kyungsoo, who noticed his changing, was so happy about that, but he could something was missing and he did not know what was that. Luhan still did not back home and all the members only knew that he was still in treatment for his health. Tao still kept in touch with him and so did Lay. They were so happy whenever they had a chance to make a video call with him. They believed that one day their favorite gege would come back home and be with them forever. But, the day that they did not want to face came...

***

    Tao tried to call Luhan for many times, but the older still did not pick it up. It made the maknae felt worry and upset. Why don’t you pick up my call, ge? He thought irritably. He clicked his tongue when the call ended automatically without hearing any response from Luhan then he went out of his room to see Lay in LaySoo’s room, but he did not find him. He walked downstairs to see him in the living room, but he only found Sehun and Chanyeol. “Do you know where Lay-ge is?” he asked.
    “He is in S.M. building, having a dance practice with Kai,” Chanyeol answered as he played his guitar.
    “What’s up, Tao-ssi? Why do you look so worry?” asked Sehun curiously.
    Tao wanted to tell Sehum about Luhan who did not want to pick his call, but he remembered that his gege ever asked him and Lay to make a secret about his new number from their Korean members without telling the reason. He shook his head after he sighed heavily. “Sehun ah, where are the others? Why this house is so dead?” he asked, making a new topic for the conversation.
    “Suho hyung and Baekhyun hyung are mc-ing the music show, Xiumin hyung and Chen hyung are going to the gym, and Kyungsoo hyung is having a vocal practice,” Sehun answered.
    “Then why are you guys doing in here?” he asked again as he took a seat next to Sehun. “Why don’t you have a dance practice, Hun ah?”
    “I’m not feeling well,” Sehun answered then leaned his head onto Tao’s shoulder.
    “And I’m here to take care of him and you,” Chanyeol answered as he pointed his index finger at Sehun. “Your mom asked me to do so when you were sleeping. Ah! He told me to ask you to have a meal when you have awaken.” He got up from the couch then put his guitar on it. “What do you want to eat, Tao yah?”
    “Do you want to cook for me?” asked Tao in disbelief. Chanyeol never acted like that before. He was a fun brother, but no the caring one. Tao was so surprised with his attitude. Then he gave the older a suspicious look. “What do you want?”
    “Nothing,” Chanyeol answered casually. “It’s because of your mom if you wonder why I can be this nice to you. Now, tell me what you want to eat. I’ll make for you.”
    After thinking for a while, Tao asked Chanyeol to make soup for him, Sehun, and Chanyeol because it was almost lunch time. When the older went into the kitchen, Tao looked down to Sehun, who still leaned on his shoulder, and he smiled when he saw Sehun sleeping. He moved his shoulder lightly to wake him up.
    “Eung?” Sehun mumbled with his eyes closed.
    “Do you catch a flu? Or are you dizzy?” asked Tao.
    Sehun shook his head. “I got a stomachache, but it feels better now,” he answered then lifted his head from Tao’s shoulder. Now he leaned on the couch. “Why were you asking?” he asked.
    “Why don’t we buy bubble tea?” Tao suggested enthusiasticly.
    Sehun opened his eyes wide to hear Tao’s suggestion then he nodded eagerly.

***

    It was lunch break when Kyungsoo read a shocking news on his cellphone This is just a rumor! How could he do that? He thought then he decided to meet his manager to confirm the news, but his cellphone was ringing when he had just come out of the practice room. He looked down to the phone screen to read the caller’s ID. It was Suho. “Yeah, hyung. What’s up?” he asked after pressing the answer button.
    “Where are you?” asked Suho tensely.
    “I’m in S.M. Building. What’s up, hyung? Why do you sound so...”
    “Kyungsoo, listen to me carefully,” Suho cut Kyungsoo’s words. “Lu-ge has filled the law suit against our company. It’s true, Kyungsoo yah. Our manager told me so,” he explained before the younger could respond. “I can’t believe this situation. I can’t focus on my job now and so does Baekhyun. He’s crying after I told him about that news.”
    Kyungsoo could feel the heat on his eyes. So, it’s true? He thought in disbelief. “I-I...” he stuttered in a hoarse tone. “I d-dont want to...” Kyungsoo could not complete his sentence because he started sobbing.
    “Kyungsoo yah, what’s wrong with you? Are you crying?” Suho asked worriedly.
    Kyungsoo sniffed then wiped his tears. Come on, I’m a real and a real man doesn’t cry. “N-no, hyung. I got stomachache,” he lied.
    “I know it’s the hard time for us, so I want you to take care my baby. He doesn’t know about this news yet and I need you to hide this from him. Can you?”
    “But how?”
    “It’s up to you. Okay, I should take a record again. See you soon!”
    Kyungsoo kept on standing in his place for a while after pressing the end button. His head felt dizzy in a sudden. Why do you this to us, Lu-hyung? Why? He thought as he massage his forehead. When he was about to come into the practice room again, he heard someone called him. He turned his face and found Lay running toward him with Kai behind him. “What’s up, hyung?” he asked when both of them sttod in front of him.
    “Have you read this?” Lay asked Kyungsoo as he showed the article on his cellphone to the younger.
    Kyungsoo sighed heavily then nodded. “I read one but from the other source.”
    “Tell me this is wrong!” Lay exclaimed.
    Kyungsoo shook his head. “This is true,” he said weakly. Without his knowledge. Lay hugged Kyungsoo tightly then began to cry. Kyungsoo did not let a word out of his lips to comfort Lay. He caressed the main dancer’s back softly instead. He tried hard not to cry along. Then he looked at Kai. The younger was so sad and his eyes were red, almost crying. Why do you this to us? Why this day should come?

***

a short and a bit blue update. I'm sorry to make this chapter, guys, but I need to because it's related to the story I writting T^T I hope there's a chance for Luhan to be back to EXO, but if he doesn't want to, I'll be fine as long as he's happy with his life... why do I feel blue in a sudden? I'm sorry, guys... I'm so sorry T^T

thanks for reading this story so far, I'll work hard!

feel free to comment and criticize it~ :)