A far away distance [Yoonmin]

An Umbrella for the Rain

"I had a dream once," he began. A man soaked by the dimming street lights and the rain that poured gently over the city. It was late into the night, cars were no longer driving back and forth on the busy roads but instead parked and settled into different parking lots. The rain made light tapping noises on the windows as it drizzled down from the clouds above. The grey had washed out all his features, leaving him a striking pale contrast to a hazy grey fog. The various leaves from flowers lightly tickled his skin through ripped jeans. The air smelt of musk and earth, a soothing relaxant to his beating heart.

"You know, when you're in this kind of business...you don't dream anymore." Yoongi laughed, smirking and snarling at himself, at what he became.

"That dream...it was about us. If we didn't meet this way, if I wasn't such a pushover and you...not the way you were. Is it strange to say that I prayed every night that it wouldn't have to come to this?" He laughed, miserably, a cackle, a gasp at the back of his throat to hold in the sob.

"I dreamed that you were singing for me, a beautiful song really. The ones from your favourite band, Big Bang. Then we'd laugh at your dorkiness. After that, you'd gently hold me in your arms. The look in your eyes, something made of sunshines and puppies." Yoongi pulled up his left sleeve, thumbing the purple and red bruises in circles.

"I guess you really do show your tender sides when we only get intimate. I also dreamed that there were no fights, that you didn't get angry at me for the stupidest things. I swear...the goddamn stupidest things." He touched the side of his bruised nose, his cracked and drying bloody lips, as well as the throbbing pain emitting from his swollen eye.

"But you know, those happy thoughts never really left me. I'm such an idiot, for actually caring for you." He felt the rain tingle his senses as he raised his aching body from the ground. Cigarette buds lay scattered around, ashes on the floor circling a body. The body had gun wounds and blood seeping through.

"Now look at you," he murmured, brushing aside the stray hairs on Jimin's face, "you're nothing but a piece of ." He laughed again, harder, louder, errupting from his very core.

"If only you didn't get involved with them like I told you to. If only you didn't cheat on me with that guy's wife. If only you had stayed away from the underworld and the thugs in them. If only...if ing only." Yoongi pressed his lips together tightly, clenching in his anger, his frustration, and most importantly, his regret.

He took back his hand and wiped the red fluids on the back of his pants. He looked to his side and walked towards the black cars parked neatly on the side. A man came up to him and draped him in a warm blanket.

"," Yoongi grimaced, "I really did love you."