wHAT'S uP?

The Assassin and The Strawberry

Ichigo's POV

"Do I have to be here?" I muttered quietly so that only Rukia could hear me.

"Of course," she whispered. "You're the one she's targeting."

Me, Rukia, Renji and the captains (yep, Byakuya was here) were in a meeting hall of some sort. Head Captain sat on the chair as usual and the meeting began. Captains of different divisions gave their reports and stuff like that. I was listening attentively, because it involved my life and maybe even my friends'.

"There is one thing I don't get," Toshiro spoke up. "The Celestial Assassins have a reputation for killing their target on sight and within a second. But..." He crossed his arms. "It looks like Tetsuya Aimer supposedly got captured. I think... the OCA has a plan."

"Tet-Tetsuya Aimer?" I asked. "That's her name?"

"Tetsuya Aimer," the Head Captain started. "Is a S-class assassin. She is ranked 3rd in the whole Order of the Celestial Assassins, right after her two older brothers."

"Head Captain," Renji said. "Must we keep her prisoner? Why can't we execute her?"

The Head Captain leaned back in his chair. "Killing a Celestial Assassin is just like killing an innocent human or shinigami. Especially members of the Tetsuya clan... it will bring unthinkably disasters and misfortune on Soul Society and the Living World." He looked at Byakuya, who closed his eyes. Then, the Head Captain turned to Mayuri. "Kurotsuchi-taichou, what about Tetsuya Aimer's powers?"

Mayuri stepped forward with a grin and held up a small glowing white orb. "It's all in here."

"Wait, wait, wait," I interrupted. Everyone looked at me. "So this assassin is targeting me? Why?"

"Her aim is not clear yet," said the Head Captain. "It seems that... there is a deeper meaning to this."

Then, something like an alarm rang and a female voice boomed, "Attention all units! Attention all units! The Celestial Assassin had escaped. I repeat, the Celestial Assassin had escaped!"

Everyone gasped. "No way..." Renji said in a shaky tone.

"But how?!" Mayuri was shocked. "All of her powers were taken away!"

Toshiro narrowed his eyes. "We underestimated her."

Suddenly, there was a strong reiatsu. "The World Penetration Gate had opened!" Rukia shouted.

"Then, what are we waiting for?" Kenpachi smirked. "Let's go catch this assassin!" He rushed out of the hall and I followed him (???).

(A few seconds later)

We reached the gate. I jumped through it without a moment's hesitation. Renji and Rukia followed me. We landed safely on a house in Karakura town.

"Where is she?" Renji said as he looked around. "I can't seem to track her down."

"She's probably hiding her reiatsu," Rukia replied. "But I'm pretty sure that she's here."

"Okay, let's split up!" I suggested.

Aimer's POV

I rubbed my back as I walked along a deserted street. It was about 5 o'clock in the morning and I doubted anyone would be up this early.

"Ow..." I mumbled as my back ached. Since I lost my powers, I had some difficulty landing safely after jumping out of the portal.

I was walking aimlessly when I passed a familiar shop. I froze and slowly turned around. My jaws dropped and I ran towards it. He's still here after all these years?

"Uncle Kisuke!" I yelled as I slammed the door open.

.
.
.

Footsteps approached and someone yawned. "Sorry... but we're not open yet..." Kisuke was half-asleep with his eyes closed.

I crossed my arms. "Uncle, it's me."

"Huh?" He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. His face broke into a big smile. "Aimer-chan! How are you? Come and sit down. I'll make some tea!"

(Fifteen minutes later...)

"I see..." Kisuke said as he poured another cup of tea.

"That's the story." I sighed. "Now I can't go back to the OCA... by the way, the sealers said they put a seal on me. They said "you will not be able to touch anyone, human or shinigami or souls or spirits, with a dangerous intent". I don't get it."

"I'll explain it to you, then." Kisuke took out his fan and then slapped my face with it.

I was taken back. "You - " I reached out angrily, but a shimmering barrier suddenly formed around me just before I touched Kisuke. "W-What?"

Kisuke held up a finger. "That's the seal. You can't touch anyone when you're in a dangerous state. See, you got angry when I slapped you but you can't do anything back to me."

"That's annoying..."

"Yes, it is."

There were a few moments of silence.

"So..." Kisuke started. "How's your brothers? Are you guys coping well?"

"Noel is on a mission and Noah is still himself. And yeah, we're okay."

Kisuke chuckled. "Good to hear that. Oh, where are you going to live if you're staying in Karakura town?"

"Dunno."

"You can stay with me!"

"NO THANK YOU."

Kisuke pouted a bit. "Okay." He drank his tea. "So you're after Kurosaki-san's life?"

"Seems like it."

"Why didn't you just kill him at first sight?"

"There's..." I looked away. "More to that. It's not only killing him. And before you ask, no, I can't tell you. Anyway, I escaped so you gotta help me. My weapons and powers are gone, only my limitless reiatsu is left."

Kisuke paused for a while. "I'm sorry, I can't help you. If I'm correct, your powers are most likely to be stored in a white orb. And the problem is that it will be with Kurotsuchi-taichou or maybe in a secret safe. I can't get it for you. But..." He looked at me with a smile. "Your Nightmare is easy to get."

My eyes lit up a bit. "Really? Thanks." Then, I gave him a serious look. "What about the Soul Society? Won't they come after you for helping me?"

Kisuke unfold his fan and started fanning himself. "You don't need to worry about that."

"Well, okay." I spread out my legs and stretched them.

"How about your living arrangements?"

"I was thinking of staying freely. Since I can't go back to OCA and all."

"And your stuff?"

I grinned a bit. "Noah will bring them for me."

Kisuke smiled. "Oh, so he's your servant now?"

"Yep. For a month. How fun." Then, Kisuke used his fan to hit my forehead. "You - " I lunged at him but that barrier separated us by a few inches.
Kisuke laughed. "Man, that's - "

"Shut up!" I yelled with an annoyed look. Then, I quickly stood up. "Someone's coming."

Kisuke covered his mouth. I heard footsteps nearing the door. Suddenly, it slammed open and Kurosaki Ichigo rushed in.

"Urahara-san!" he yelled instantly. "Have you - " He stopped when he saw me. "YOU!"

Immediately, I jumped and hooked my legs around his neck. He fell to the ground and I twisted his right arm behind his back. "Let go! Dammit!" Ichigo yelled.

I sat on him, holding his arm firmly and threatening to break it. "You could say that again."

"Let go, you idiot!"

A small angry vein appeared on my head. "What did you call me?" I slightly twisted his arm.

Ichigo cried and had funny anime tears. "Ow ow ow!"

"Ooo..." Urahara covered his mouth with his fan. "This is entertaining."

I looked at my uncle and narrowed my eyes slightly. "Shut up."

Meanwhile, Ichigo was making a ruckus, shouting, "Let me go, idiot!"

Being myself, I smiled evilly and straightened out his arm. "Excuse me?"

"Let me - " I brought down his arm by an inch. Ichigo cried and those funny anime tears appeared again. "You're gonna break my arm, you're gonna break my arm! I'll kick your !"

I bent down and looked at him with an evil grin. "I don't want to get my kicked, so I better kill you first."
"Wait wait wait - "

"Heehoo!" I slowly twisted his arm around. "And your arm goes break~"

"Yowaaaaaa..."

Urahara looked at us with a sweatdrop. "Aimer-chan... enough torturing Kurosaki-san..."

Just then, the door slid open and Kuchiki Rukia entered the room. She stopped when she saw us on the floor. "... what are you two doing?"

"Eh?" Ichigo looked up at her. "Rukia! Help me got off this - " Snap! "IYAAAAA!"

Rukia sweatdropped. "Anyway..." She looked at Kisuke. "I received order from Soul Society not to capture Tetsuya Aimer anymore. Instead, she shall remain in the Living World."

Rukia's POV

There was silence after I said that. Ichigo just stared at me while Aimer still had him pinned down to the floor and Kisuke was smiling like crazy, fanning himself.

"Really?" Kisuke said as he folded his fan with a snap. "Well, that's good news then."

Aimer released Ichigo's arm and stood up. "Problem solved." She leaned against a wall and looked away.

"But..." Ichigo got off the floor. "Why?"

I sighed. "How am I suppose to know? It's Head Captain Yamamoto's orders. Renji and I have been assigned to take care of this. Matsumoto-fukutaichou, Hitsugaya-taichou and the 3rd and 4th seat of the 11th Division will be joining us later."

"You do know that this is not a picnic, right?" Ichigo asked with a '-_-' face.

I ignored him and continued, "And Tetsuya Aimer has been instructed to stay under one roof with one of us. Since the only one who have a house the Living World is Ichigo, looks like she'll be staying with you."

"Seriously?!" Ichigo yelled and pointed at Aimer. "She'll kill me in my sleep! And why makes you all think that we can trust her enough to let her stay with me? She tried to kill me last time and she will attempt to kill me again."

"Dude..." Aimer started.

I replied to Ichigo's question, "I already told you: it's Head Captain Yamamoto's orders. And..." I looked at Kisuke. "You are also to help in this situation."

"No problem!" Kisuke sang.

"You seem happy about this," Ichigo muttered.

I turned around to leave. "Well, then, that's all. I must return to Soul Society for new orders."

"Wait!" Ichigo called. "You're coming back, right?"

I smacked him in the head. "Of course! After all, I am assigned to this job." Then, Tetsuya Aimer's cold grey eyes met with mine. Suddenly, I was paralyzed for a second. But I became free again when she looked away. I quickly turned around. "I'm leaving now," I said and flashed-stepped to a random place.

Beads of sweat were forming on my face. I fell to my knees and clutched my chest. What... What was that? I thought. It was like a sword had pierced my heart. I slowly stood up, supporting myself with my zanpakutou. She is... the girl whose parents were killed by Nii-sama.