hELLO

The Assassin and The Strawberry

Hair: Orange

Eye: Brown

Occupation: High school student/ Shinigami

Name: Kurosaki Ichigo

Time Limit: None

Special permission to kill anyone in the way.

Ichigo's POV

I dodged a punch from the Hollow. I swung Zangetsu down but it was useless against the Hollow's steel skin.

Rukia prepared a Kido spell. "Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hado No. 33: Sokatsui!" A ball of blue fire crashed into the Hollow, creating a cloud of smoke.

My eyes widened when the smoke cleared up. "What?!" Rukia exclaimed in shock. "It's skin is spell proof too?"

"Damn!" Renji rushed up to the Hollow and swung his zanpakutou down. "Howl, Zabimaru!" His attack managed to leave a scratch on one of its arm.

"Why is it so strong?!" I yelled as I jumped up to avoid the spikes thrown by the Hollow's spiky tail. I fell to the ground and gritted my teeth.

"It's not that it's strong." Rukia studied the Hollow. "It's just it's steel-like skin, which is hard to penetrate."

"We need a direct attack to its mask," Renji said. "But we can't find a way to do so."

The Hollow let out a deafening howl and suddenly launched for me, who was still on the ground. My eyes widened. I had no time to react.
"Ichigo!" Rukia and Renji shouted at the same time.

Just then, there was a flash and a glint of metal. Blood splattered onto my face. I was shocked, gripping Zangetsu in one hand.

A girl with long white hair had her back to me. She was wearing a black shirt (see the picture) and black skinny jeans with a pair of black boots (the kind that looks like sneakers but stylish and has a high collar wrap around the ankles). A black tattoo, starting from the wrist, elegantly laced up her right arm. In one hand was a huge death scythe.

My eyes were fixed on that scythe. Its curved blade grinned wickedly in the moonlight (yes, it's night time) and was stained with fresh blood. The girl turned her head slightly to look at me and we made eye-contact. I shivered slightly ad I stared into those cold grey eyes.

"Who..." I started but the teenage girl disappeared in a flash. She appeared in front of the Hollow. With a swing of her scythe, the blade neatly cut through its steel-like skin and blood poured out. She jumped up and brought her scythe down on the Hollow's head. The mask cracked and smashed into pieces. The Hollow cried out in pain and it disappeared.

I stood up and was about to say something when the white-haired girl spun around and aimed a gun right between my eyes. Instantly, two swords were pressed against either side of her neck.

"Ru-Rukia? Renji?" I asked as my two friends steadily held their swords. I gulped. How did she get the gun? Where... is that scythe? I thought.

"Who are you?" Rukia asked coldly as Renji swiftly knocked the gun out of the girl's hand. It flew a few meters and landed with a thud on the ground. I took a step back, still shocked.

The girl looked at her capturers, then she bent down and spun around, tripping Rukia and Renji. I narrowed my eyes and quickly held Zangetsu against her neck. At first, she paused and looked at me with those steady unblinking grey eyes. Then, she made a run for her gun.

"Hey!" I yelled and ran after her.

"Bakudo No. 4: Hainawa!" Rukia exclaimed.

A yellow rope came out of nowhere and wrapped itself around the girl's arms. She fell to the ground just a few paces from her gun. Renji kicked the gun away and pinned her down.

"Who the hell are you?" Renji snarled. Rukia and I ran towards them. Rukia drew her zanpakutou while I prepared for any surprise moves.

The girl struggled and managed to get out a finger. Renji had a confused look. She pointed at Renji and muttered, "Hado No. 4: Byakurai." A lightning bolt shot out from her finger and hit Renji in the chest.

"Renji!" I shouted.

Rukia was shocked. "H... how? She can use Kido?"

The girl shoved Renji off of her. Using flash steps, she appeared next to her gun and picked it up. Holding my zanpakutou at my side, I charged towards her. Lots of questions were running inside my head: who is she? Why is trying to kill me? Why... does she look familiar? But I know one thing for sure. She isn't an ordinary human.

The gun was pointed at me again and I stopped in my tracks. "Who are you?" I snapped.

"You don't need to know that," she replied. Her voice was cold and sounded dead. She placed her finger on the trigger and I grimaced slightly. Then, I came to a conclusion. She can't shoot me. It's an ordinary gun, so it won't be able to hit me. I... have nothing to fear. I think.
The girl tilted her head to one side. "Are you thinking that the bullet won't be able to reach you?" she asked. She pressed down on the trigger.

Bang!

I took a shaky step backwards. Blood spilled out of my mouth. I slowly looked at the bullet which was embedded in my shoulder. ... I'm losing conscious... I thought as the ground rushed up to meet me.