aN eNEMY

The Assassin and The Strawberry

Aimer’s POV

I opened my eyes and sat up. I quietly opened the closet door and jumped out. Ichigo and Kon were sleeping on the bed. I tip-toed across the room and successfully made it to the door. I cracked it open and slipped out of the room.

Sighing, I rushed to the bathroom and locked the door. It was 2 am in the morning so I doubted that anyone would be awake. I took out a blue round device from my pocket and pressed the small red button, turning it on.

There was static-like noises and from the small bulb on the surface of the device, a medium-sized screen visualized and someone appeared, starting from his mid chest. A slightly tanned young man with spiky black hair turned around. Our similar grey eyes met and Noah grinned at me.

“Hey, Aimer! How are you doing?” he asked happily.

Ah… his voice is so nostalgic. “Oi, Noah, I have a favor to ask.”

Noah crossed his arms and pouted. “You didn’t even greeted me… you’re so mean, Aimer-chan~”

I sighed. “Okay, okay. How you doing, Noah?”

This time, my brother smiled. “Lovely! And I heard about it all. I didn’t know you’ll let the shinigami catch you so easily. Your powers getting sealed is really a depression – I feel you, sis. And you’re living with that Kurosaki Ichigo? He’s stupid to let you stay. When are you gonna kill him?”

“Remember what Kaima-sama told us,” I reminded him. “How’s the plan going on your side?”

“Terrible! It seems that Soul Society doubled it’s defense force. Well, that’s just me trying to break in alone. The Celestial Army is gonna be complete soon. We just need to wait for Noel’s return. And yours too. We’ll have a higher chance of winning with you. And make sure that you don’t fail on your part of the mission, okay? Stall enough time for us to break into Seireitei. It should take about… a month or two.”

“… okay. Can I get back to the reason why I call you in the first place?” I asked impatiently.

“Shoot.”

“I need you to bring me my stuff. It should be easy. I already packed my things. The suitcase is in my room, under the bed. Just be quick, okay?”

“Sure. Let’s see… I’ll bring it…” Noah thought for a while. “Sometime tomorrow.”

I nodded. “Sure. Well, that’s all.” I prepared to switch off the device but Noah’s voice stopped me.

“Aimer.” Noah had a serious look in his eyes. “Remember why you are in Karakura town. Remember your mission… our ultimate mission. Don’t get distracted. Ever.”

The screen went blank and it wavered a bit. I sighed and switched off the device. I put it in my pocket and rushed back to Ichigo’s room. I opened the door slightly and peeped through it. Good, he’s still sleeping.

I quietly opened the closet door and climbed in. I thought about what Noah had said to me as I laid in the mattress.

Don’t get distracted.

I scoffed quietly and closed my eyes. Like I will… everything is going according to the plan.

The next day…

I woke up before Ichigo did. I rummaged through his clothes and found a green shirt that was my size. I ran into the bathroom and did the usual stuff. I changed my clothes (the grey hoodie, green shirt and white skinny jeans) and walked back to Ichigo’s room. Forgetting to knock, I opened the door, just to see him waking up.

“Moron…” I muttered. “Oi, you’re gonna be late for school if you don’t hurry.” Ichigo yawned and nodded, scratching his head. “And I’m going first to Urahara Shop.” I jumped out the window and landed on my feet on the ground.

“Oi, Aimer!” Ichigo shouted as he leaned out the window. “Where are you – ” he paused. I looked at him. “You’re not having breakfast?” he asked.

“No. I’ll eat somewhere.”

“Okay then.” Ichigo disappeared back into his room.

I arrived at Urahara Shop after a few minutes. Nobody was outside, so I just walked straight into the store. I opened the door to find two familiar shinigami. They turned around and looked at me. I had a ‘T.T’ face. They were baldy and chick hair, the two which were guarding the sealing room when I escaped.

“YOU!” the bald one shouted as he jumped up and brandished his sheathed sword at me.

Chick hair just flipped his hair (XD) and said, “Ikkaku, don’t hurt her. We’re here to protect her, remember?”

I was surprised. “From what?”

“Some freaks who are targeting you,” Ikkaku replied. Then, he lowered his sword and grinned. “You’re pretty strong. Let’s have a match sometime.”

“Not interested,” I replied in a bored tone.

“Teme…” Ikkaku had an angry vein on his gleaming bald head. “You got some attitude. Anyway, since we’re here to protect you, let’s be on good terms.” He looked at me. “I’m Ikkaku. That’s Yumichika. We’re from the 11th Division.”

I didn’t say anything. I mean, I didn’t have to, because Kisuke waltzed into the room at that moment. “Oh? I see you guys already know each other.” He smiled.

“Sorta,” Yumichika replied.

Kisuke asked, “Where are you two staying, by the way?”

“Dunno,” Ikkaku said. “But definitely not at the Asano’s house again.”

Then, Yumichika stifled a laugh. “The owner forced him to wear a cute, pink-hearted – ” Ikkaku hit Yumichika’s forehead before he could finish. I watched as Yumichika fainted and fell to the ground with a thud.

As expected of the 11st Division.

“Anyway…” Ikkaku continued. “We’ll stay somewhere.”

Kisuke smiled. “Okay! Just come to me if you need something.”

Ikkaku nodded as he dragged the unconscious Yumichika out of the shop.

“They’re weird,” I commented.

“Aren’t they? Let’s go to a separate room, Aimer-chan. I’m sure you have a lot questions to ask me.” Kisuke walked off and I followed him. We went deeper into the house (A/N: Urahara Shop is actually a house. Kisuke just transformed the living room into a store, that’s all).

I haven’t been here for so long…  I thought as I looked around the house, passing the rooms where everyone (Kisuke, Jinta, Ururu and Tessai) slept.

Kisuke stopped and walked into a room. I followed him in and closed the door behind me. He sat down on the floor and smiled. “Now, ask away.”

I leaned against a wall and sighed. “Just explain everything from the start. Like, why are the shinigami here?”

“As you heard. To protect you.”

“I don’t need any protection.”

“Yes, you do.” Kisuke sighed. “Look, Aimer… I know you hate this, but please go along with it. An enemy is targeting you. I have analyzed their reiatsu. They are not from the OCA, nor are they shinigami or human. They’re…” he closed his eyes with a pained expression on his face. “Viento and Perro Negro.”

My eyes widened. There was silence for a while. Kisuke looked at me worriedly. I looked down and covered my eyes with one hand. I chuckled. “Viento… and Perro Negro…”

“You don’t need to face them,” Kisuke said quickly. “That’s why the shinigami are here. They’ll protect you and – ”

“No,” I cut him off. “I’ll handle it myself. Viento and Perro Negro started it… and I’ll finish it. They are in Karakura town, right? So that means…” I smirked. “I can finally show them… how strong I have become!”