sEALING

The Assassin and The Strawberry

I opened my eyes and quickly sat up. That was a mistake. "Ouch ouch ouch!" I winced and held my left shoulder.

I was in the medical room of the 4th Division. A familiar woman with braided black hair wearing the captain's outfit smiled at me.

"Unohana-san?" I asked. "What... happened?"

"You passed out for a few hours due to the wound in your shoulder," she said as she continued healing me. "It doesn't look like an ordinary bullet, since it hurt you. But don't worry. Your life isn't in danger."

I looked around and found Renji on the bed next to me. "Renji!" I exclaimed. His eyes were closed and a few healers were healing him. "Is he going to be okay?"

Unohana nodded. "He was shot with a powerful Kido... he should be alright. Our healers are trying their best."

"I see..." I sighed and laid back down on the bed. I was just starting to relax when I remembered the girl from before. "How about her? The white-haired girl?"

"She is in the sealing room. Oh, Kuchiki Rukia and the other shinigami are in there. I think they're waiting for you."

"Really?" I sat up and swung my legs over the bed. "I should be going. Thanks for treating me, Unohana-san."

I walked out of the medical room and into the bright sunlight. I looked around. Now, where is this 'sealing room'?

After a few minutes of asking directions from some people, I finally found the place. A lot of people (shinigamis and non-shinigamis) were gathered around the gate of the sealing room. It was a gigantic colorless house, with no windows.

"Excuse me." I tapped a nearby man. "What's going on?"

"A Celestial Assassin had been caught!" he replied excitedly. "I heard they are trying to seal her powers."

I pushed my way through the crowd. Ikkaku and Yumichika were stationed at the gate, hollering and pushing back the curious bystanders.

"Ah, Ichigo!" Ikkaku noticed me and gestured to the door. "If you're going in, go in quickly. It's not easy to hold back this crowd."

"Okay. Thanks, guys." I pushed open the gate and ran towards the entrance. The door opened when I touched it. "Rukia," I said when I saw her.

"Hey. Took you long enough," she said.

I sweat-dropped a bit. "I just woke up. Anyway, what's happening?"

The room was big. All the captains, except Byakuya, were here and the Head Captain sat on some kind of throne-like chair. Several people dressed in strange and magical robes formed a circle in the middle of the room. The lights were dim and the air was chilly.

Rukia looked towards the center of the room. "She's there... the Celestial Assassin."

The white-haired girl sat on a chair, which was carved with strange symbols. Straps of spiritual energy were wrapped tightly around her arms and legs, tying her down to the chair. Her face was emotionless and she didn't struggled.

"W... what's going on?" I whispered to Rukia.

"The sealing," she replied. "The reason why the captains are here is because of those straps. The captains are providing their reiatsu to them so that the Celestial Assassin will not be able to break free."

"And what is this sealing about?"

"The sealers are sealing her powers. The chair is absorbing her reiatsu, in case she made any sudden moves." Then, Rukia paused. "But... I wonder why she is here."

Aimer's POV

So... I got captured. Great. And I'm in this sealing room so that they could out my powers/drain my spiritual power. Whatever.

I tried to struggle but the wraps were killing me. By now, I was tired and was panting a bit. I don't know how long they were gonna drain my reiatsu, so I kept emitting more until the shinigamis decided to stop (or else a serious explosion will occur and everyone in Seireite will die).

Gazing at the audience before me, I saw that Kurosaki Ichigo and 'Rukia'. I noticed only 12 captains: Kuchiki Byakuya was not here. Damn, how I wish he was here so I could kill him already...

Well, this was part of the plan. But I'm not happy with it! Why do they have to out my powers?! MY POWERS! I subconsciously struggled violently.

One of the sealers took a step towards me. I got alarmed and said, "Hado No. 1: Sho." He was knocked down to the ground. The straps glowed and I winced as they became tighter.

I gave out more reiatsu and I could see concern forming on the face of the sealers. Then, I felt something tickling my right hand. I looked down. The black tattoo was expanding. Two lines crept onto the back of my palm and crossed each other, forming an 'X'. I stared at it.

A... a level-up?

"Stop the absorption," said a sealer. "We have reached its limit. The sealing is complete."

"Hey, hey, hey!" I spoke up. Everyone looked at me. "Mind telling me what's happening?"
"We have put a seal on you," the same sealer explained. "From now on, you will not be able to touch anyone, human or shinigami or souls or spirits, with a dangerous intent. You will lose contact with the OCA and anything related to it."

I scoffed mentally. That's all?

"All your possessions will be confiscated. We already have your gun and other accessories."

"Am I a prisoner here?"

"Yes."

After half an hour, the area are was cleared. I paid little attention as the captains and sealers exited the room. I spotted Kurosaki Ichigo looking at me with some kind of concern or something. I shot him a death glare and he quickly scurried out of the room.

Now, I'm alone. The spiritual wraps were replaced by ordinary ropes. How stupid, just because they drained my reiatsu didn't mean that I'm powerless. And they shouldn't have left me alone. Cue dramatic sigh. The shinigamis really underestimated us Celestial Assassins.

I snapped the ropes easily and made a hairpin to appear out of nowhere. Cool power, huh? I silently picked the door's lock and quickly rushed out of the sealing room. I was about to jump over the gate when I saw two shinigamis guarding it: a bald guy and another one with chick hair. I analysed their reiatsu. Mostly likely to be seated officers. From the 10th Division. Anyway, I jumped over the gate and landed in front of them.

"What the - " the bald guy started. He smirked. "You escaped? Hm, you're pretty strong, girl."

"And cute," the chick hair added unwillingly.

"Thanks," I said and held up my hand, aiming at the bald guy. "Bakudo No. 62: Hyapporankan!" An energy rod shot out at him and disintegrated into numerous short rods, which pinned him against the wall behind him.

"Ikkaku!" Chick hair yelled. He turned towards me. "You little - " He raised his sword.

But I was faster than him. "Hado No. 31: Shakkaho!" A red ball of energy started to form.

Chick hair had a surprised look. "Without the incantation?" He quickly dodged the attack and I took that chance to run away.

It was early in the morning. The streets of Soul Society were quiet... but a commotion soon formed and shouts and running footsteps sounded behind me. Shinigamis from all 13 Divisions were chasing after me. I used flash steps and appeared in front of the gate... how do you call it? It's that huge gate which allows you to enter the Living World.

Anyway, the huge double doors opened and I jumped to my freedom.