Reunion

That Guy Behind The Camera

The next day, Hyesung took a day off and decided to look for Eric. And now there he was, standing in front of Eric's apartment. 

Knock...Knock...Knock

No response. Hyesung knocked again but still got the same respond. He held out his hand and to turn the knob and much to his surprise, the door wasn't locked. He slowly made his way into the apartment. It was neat and cosy, all the shoes were arranged nicely and there were some lovely decorations at the living room.

He halted when he saw unconscious body on the floor.

'Eric!' Hyesung rushed towards the body and shake the body.

'W-What?' 

Hyesung sighed in relieved. He thought something bad happened to him.

'Get up! And why are you sleeping on the floor?' 

Eric slowly opened his eyes and was shocked to see Hyesung who was glaring at him.

'H-Hyesungie?! Is that you?'

'Yes, it's me! And get up and take a shower' he ordered.

Eric slowly got up and went inside his room. After a few minutes, he came out with his wet hair and new fresh clothes.

'Where have you been?' Hyesung started the conversation.

'N-Nowhere, I'm just here. Y-You know' Eric stuttered in the heavy atmosphere.

'Why didn't you reply my text? Or even call me?' Hyeusung asked. He is tired of waiting and waiting for Eric's response.

'O-Oh that? Hahaha, I'm sorry' Eric chuckled awkwardly.

'Care to explain?' Hyesung glared.

Eric kept quiet for awhile and after he took a few breath, he said.

'I guess I really owe you an explanation. I wasn't suppose to be a cameraman at the company. I've submitted all my resumes to become a producer and constantly write new songs to produce musics but they always rejected me. In the end, I gave up on being a composer. But later, a friend of mine helped me with the job that I was currently doing. Looking at the celebrities there in the studio room with the composers make me wanna be one. Not a singer but as a producer'

Hyesung knew it. After all this time, he always managed to see the look on Eric's face when he stared at the instruments in the studio room.

'Let's go. I'll help you talk to the CEO' Hyesung stood up and grabbed Eric's wrist.

Eric stopped him and pulled him down for a kiss. Hyesung was stunned by the sudden action but slowly returning the kiss. After the sweet and lovely kiss, they pulled their body apart.

'You know... I've always wanted to kiss you from the first day I met you' 

Hyesung blushed at the remark but managed to say, 'M-Me too'

'Hyesungie, can you promise me one thing?'

Hyesung looked up to him and nodded.

'Promise me that you'll wait for me to come back. To you'

'Where are you going?' Hyesung tilted his head.

'I'm going to be gone for awhile'

'B-But why? You cannot leave me again!' Hyesung started sobbing and Eric quickly wiped his tears using his hand.

'Ssshhhh, don't cry. Please. Let me go for awhile so that I can make myself useful in front of you. Let me prove it to you that I'm worthy' Eric explained softly and Hyesung started to sob slowly and softly.

'But how can I know that you're coming back?' 

'That kiss is my promise and when I return, I will claim you as mine. That's my promise Hyesungie' 

Hyesung leaned in for a hug. A tight hug.

'When are you leaving?'

'Tonight'

'O-Oh okay' Hyesung looked down on the floor.

'Don't worry Hyesungie. I promise you' Eric hold his hand tight as an assurance. That day, Hyesung stayed until evening and they spent some quality time together by taking Polaroids and making tea. It was hard to say goodbye but Hyesung trusts Eric and believe that the older guy will come back as a better person.

After that night, they didn't contact each other because they were afraid that they would break down in front of each other. So all they have is the other's Polaroid picture and Hyesung kept Eric's picture safely in his wallet.

Hyesung started writing his own songs even though it's not good and changing it into ballad songs. Apparently the CEO likes Hyesung's new concept and ask him to stick onto it. He released some songs and his fans love his new self more than before and also gained new fans. 

The hardest part was before going to sleep where Hyesung always remember about Eric like how's he doing or is he eating well. And he just realised that Eric didn't even tell him where he was going. But he still kept onto his promise that he made with the older guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 year later...

'This is going to be my last song. It's about how one would stay loyal even when he doesn't know when the other will come back' 

Hyesung introduced his last song on his last day of tour and it was a special one where he only decided to sing that song on that day. He sang emotionally and passionately where he remembers his memories with Eric and didn't even realised that he has tears in his eyes.

Few days later after tour...

'May God bless for my tour. Right now, I just wanna rest and go on a vacation maybe' Hyesung said while he was hanging out in the studio with Jimmy.

'Hyesung, don't you miss him?' Jimmy suddenly asked. The studio has been Hyesung's favourite place to hang because it reminds him of Eric.

'I do. Every second of my life' Hyesung smiled weakly.

'I'm sure that he does too' 

Their conversation was interrupted by one of the board directors of the company.

'Good evening, hyung' Hyesung bowed politely.

'Hello. Hyesung, let's go to the meeting room. The CEO said he wants to introduce us to someone'

Hyesung nodded and followed the director to the meeting room. There was the CEO, board directors, the artists and rookies and staffs management.

'Good, everyone's here!' the CEO announced.

'I would like to introduce you to someone who will be replacing Mr Kim and I hope that you would take a good care of him'

All the people in the room nodded. And when the door is knocked, the CEO said the person to come in. When Hyesung saw that person, his heart was beating so fast and was about to have a heart attack. The figure that he was waiting for after a year has finally returned and is standing in front of him.

'Hello. My name is Eric Mun and I'll be your new composer for this company. Please take care of me' Eric bowed and gave his most sincere smile when he looked at Hyesung who already has tears.

'Eric Mun used to work for us and now he returned as a composer. With his presence now, I'm sure that we would produce great musics together' the CEO praised causing Eric to bow politely.

After the brief introduction, the CEO dismissed the meeting and most of the people in the room introduced themselves to Eric. When he saw Hyesung who was standing at the corner looking at him, he gestured the younger guy to come to their usual studio room.

After minutes, they're finally together in the room. 

'Hi Hyesungie' Eric tuned when he saw Hyesung walked into the room.

Hyesung quickly hugged him as he felt he hasn't seen him for years. 

'God I miss you' Hyesung shyly said.

'I miss you too. And because of you, here I am as a composer' 

'I'm proud and happy that you've finally achieve your dream'

'It's because of you who were waiting for me to come back and being a loyal'

'I just want you to come back faster'

'Don't worry Hyesungie, I'm here now and I can promise you that I won't leave you again. I have a good news for you'

'What?'

'The CEO have appointed me to be your composer for your next album'

'Really?' Hyesung's face lit up by the news.

'Yup, and we're going to have a lot of time together. I'm gonna make sure that your next album will be number 1 worldwide'

'And we're going to make that happen' Hyesung kissed Eric on the lips.