Missing

That Guy Behind The Camera

'I'm just gonna wait in the studio okay' I told Jimmy, my manager and made my way.

Today is my recording day for my new album and unfortunately, the producer is at another meeting so he will be late. I don't mind with it since I don't have any activity for the rest of the day.

When I opened the door I was shocked to see a familiar figure sitting at the producer chair.

'Eric?' I couldn't keep my mouth close.

'Oh ! I'm so sorry Hyesung. I didn't know that you will be this early' he stuttered and packed his things to get out from the studio.

'What are you doing here?' is the only question I could asked.

'I-I was just writing some songs and playing with the beat. P-Please don't tell anyone especially the CEO. I-I will make my way now' Eric excused himself and I immediately stopped him by holding his wrist.

'Wait, don't go!' I said. I couldn't believe my ears when he said he was writing some songs.

'I won't tell anyone but can you just please stay here with me? B-Because my producer is running late and I'm getting bored' I said shyly.

He seemed overjoyed and immediately nodded. He sat right back at the producer chair and I took a chair and sat next to him.

'What songs did you write so far?' I started the conversation.

'Ah, you know. Some songs' he tried to avoid my question.

'I can listen to it?' I cautiously asked.

'Huh? You really want to listen?'

I nodded.

'But it's not good though. I'm afraid it wouldn't match to your standard' he said quietly.

'What? I listen to many musics. And I won't judge. Promise' I showed him my pinky finger.

He took a deep breath and insert his thumb drive to the laptop and played one of the songs in the file. I couldn't believe my ears when he played it. It was so good that I have goosebumps all over my body. 

(Hurt - Shinhwa)

I turn my head coldly, in the words that I have thrown mindlessly while they weren’t our honest feelings
Tear each others hearts, words that we cannot fetch back

I don’t love you anymore, I hope you to be happy with that person
It’s my last favor, please just go

And it hurts, and it hurts so bad
Our heart and lips say different things, must be hurtful
And it hurts, and it hurts so bad, forever in my heart
You’re the only one, why don’t you know, why don’t you know, and it hurts

'W-Wow, that was so good' was the only respond I could gave because I was still in dazed although the song has already ended.

'Thank you' Eric said humbly.

'You've been hurt before?' I asked ignoring my clenching heart. I know that I didn't want to know but yet I still asked him.

'Yeah but that's just how it is in life. And now I have move on' he smiled and I could see there's no more pain in his eyes and that somewhat made me relieved.

'Seriously tho, why didn't you become a singer? You can make good musics' I praised.

He chuckled and shook his head, 'Hahaha, no thank you. I prefer working behind the scene'

'Be a producer then' I smiled.

'I'm still lacking but if God willing, one day I will make musics' 

'I really wish that you can make songs for me' I blurted out.

When I realised what I just said, I was blushing red in embarrassment.

'W-What I meant was I-I wish that we can do musics together' I stuttered while explaining to him. I seriously didn't want him to misunderstood my words.

'Yeah we can do that one day' he smiled.

'I better go now, it's time for your recording' Eric said while packing his things.

'Will you be here tomorrow?' I managed to asked.

'No, I'm sorry. I have to be the cameraman for Kiki's music video' Eric looked at me apologetic.

I admit that I was sad when I heard him said that but then I smiled to his next words.

'But I can see you here next week?' Eric cautiously asked.

In seconds, my face lit up and nodded as respond. 

'Same day?' I asked.

He nodded and said, 'And same time. But if you cannot make it, it's okay' 

'I'll make time' 

'Great then'

Eric took out a small piece of paper and wrote something on it before passing to me.

'Here's my number. Just incase you have something else going on next week. So you can call me in advance. Bye Hyesungie' 

I regained my conscious when I heard the door closed. Next thing I know I was jumping up and down like a teenage girl who's in love. Unknown to him, I've started falling for him. The only guy who managed to make my heart flutters.

It's been a week since Eric helped me with my music and I won't deny that he's really good in composing musics. When he gave me the songs that he wrote, I told him that I will give him credits for it but he said he didn't want that because he was scared that our company will found out about him.

'I won't use your songs for my album' I said to him one day.

'Eh? But why? Sigh. I knew it, they are bad huh' he sighed sadly.

'No no! It's good, all of them. It's just that I will use it once you give me permission to put your name as credits for making good musics' I assured him.

'Hyesungie, I told you that I don't want credits' 

'And that's why I won't use it until you give me the permission' 

'Sigh, okay. But not now' he eventually gave up.

'It's a deal then!' I smiled brightly.

He smiled back at me and I hate it when he smiled like that. It always manage to make my heart beat fast. 

'Now, let's continue with your work' he announced.

I nodded and got into the recording booth. I'm amazed by Eric's talent when he could easily detect my off-key and would change the melody if the song to suit my voice. 

'I think for this part, you should try a higher pitch' Eric suggested,

'Eh? But I can't' I said.

I've never tried to sing a level higher than I usually sing. It's not because I can't but it's just that I don't think I can. But I know that I'm still lacking as I've been in this music industry for about 3 years now.

'You can. You just don't believe in yourself. Come on, Hyesungie. I know you can do it' Eric gave me a thumb up.

I took a deep breath and did what he said. Much to out surprise especially me, it sounded good. MUCH BETTER. I could feel that the new tone had make the music more feeling and enjoyable.

'Wah, Hyesungie. Daebak!' he clapped his hand, feeling somehow proud of me.

I only managed to nodded and blushed. At 3 pm, our 'secret' session came to the end as he needed to resume his work. I waved him goodbye after he excused himself.

Since the first day we secretly met in this recording studio, I constantly anticipated to Thursdays. Sometimes I couldn't get enough sleep thinking about it. And today is the day where Eric's gonna show me his new musics to me.

As I was walking to our usual place, I received a call from Eric.

'Ah, E...'

Before I could say anything I was cut off by him, 'I'm sorry Hyesungie but from now on, I won't be calling or seeing you. I will go for the time being. See you Hyesungie' Eric said with a weak voice and just like that he hung up.

I was stunned and couldn't process about what just happened. And unconsciously, my phone dropped onto the ground. I regained my conscious and picked up my phone to try to call Eric back. But the guy just didn't answer my call so I decided to text him.

*Eric, what do you mean? Why did you just left like that? Is something wrong?*

I waited for an hour but he still didn't reply. So I decided to see my director to ask him about Eric's whereabout.

'Director, good morning' I bowed first.

'Oh hello Hyesung. What can I help you with?' he smiled.

'I was just wondering, do you know where is Eric? I need to ask him something' I lied.

'Oh, Eric? He took a week leave for some personal reason. Why?'

'Oh nothing, just wondering. Thank you director' I excused myself and walked out from the room.

I just couldn't believe that guy. He just called me and out of the blue said that he will be gone. What?! Seriously, I can't believe him. As I was cursing him, I continued my recording. I've decided that I could live without him, just like when he didn't exist into my life before. 

From that day, I kept myself busy. I went to variety shows, doing my performances, interviews, making new musics and all sort of that. But at night, that's when it got hard. I constantly think of him and kept on staring at my phone wishing that he would call me. If he just kind enough to just text me, I would already be the happiest guy in the world. But sadly he didn't.

After a week, I still didn't see him neither at the company nor outside at the streets. When I was going back to the company from a fan meeting, my manager tapped my shoulder.

'Hyesung' he said.

'Hmm?' I replied as I was checking the new lyrics for my album.

'Are you okay?'

I halted my steps and looked at him who was standing behind me, 'I'm fine, why?' I raised my eyebrows.

'W-Well, during the fan meeting just now you were in dazed. Like most of the time. You were never like that before' 

'Hahaha it's just one of those days' I chuckled awkwardly.

'Is it because of Eric?' 

'N-No' I looked away and went to sit on the couch.

'Hyesung, I know you for more than 3 years now. Even before debut'

I sighed as I knew that I couldn't deceive him, 'I don't know hyung, I haven't seen in a week and he just disappeared like that'

'Why don't you call him? Text him maybe?'

'You think I didn't do that? I did but he didn't reply. At all' I sighed.

'Why don't you go to his house?' he suggested. It's not like I don't want to visit him but I was scared.

'I don't want him to think I'm desperate' 

'I don't think he will. You should visit him Hyesung. When I look at you, you look miserable for God's sake'

'But I don't have his address'

'Well lucky for you, I can ask it for you'

'Really?' I can feel my face lit up.

'Yup, it's in the staff room' 

They both walked into the room and Hyesung waited outside while his manger went to look for his address.

'Here you go and please get your together before your next album' 

'Thank you!' Hyesung exclaimed and went off.

'Yah, remember what I said!' Jimmy said and tsk at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~