Back to Korea

Dear Diary-nim

Finally, Incheon airport! You're so glad to be back home you want to get down and kiss the holy ground. But you can't, especially not with all the fansite admins and reporters crazily snapping photos of 2NE1 members. Who knows, you might be in a few of them. You put on your best confident face, when in reality your eyes are about to close and you're actually wearing sunglasses to shield your eye bags. These two days in Japan was so hectic you didn't even have enough time to get some shut-eye. Because of this you also seem to have caught a cold. And once you get back to the company you have to learn new choreography. All you want to do is to close your eyes and snore to your heart's content~

Your phone suddenly vibrated. You checked your phone.

A message from Seunghoon.

훈이*: Have you reached the airport?

You:"Yes but I want to sleep so badly ㅠㅠ

훈이: Too bad, you still have to come back and learn the new choreography from me 

You: You'd better get me coffee if you don't want to die...

훈이: Iced caffe latte, double shot?

You: With hazelnut syrup. 땡큐*!
A smile crosses your deadened face, giving it a flush of radiance. He knows, you think. It isn't even new, he's been buying you coffee ever since you beat him to 1st place in a Math test n years ago. But still, it's different. Because it's him, that's why.

At YG Entertainment building. You change into comfortable clothes, tying your burgundy-coloured hair up in a bun and braiding your bangs out of your face. Once you're done you head to the practice room. "Argh!" You shrieked when you felt something cold pressed against your cheek. Seunghoon was there, a cup of iced cafe latte. You slapped his arm and grabbed the cup, gulping down the delicious concoction. Once you're done, you let out the biggest "Kyaaaa~" ever.

He's smiling while looking at you drink. Have you noticed?

The other dancers soon filed into the practice room. Seunghoon taught them the choreography of WINNER's new song, and pointed out the key areas. Perhaps it's because you've been learning his choreography for about 10 years, you're used to his moves. After downing the iced cafe latte your throat felt worse and you kept coughing. In Busan, mum would've skinned you alive. "You're doing good, Gyeowool!" Seunghoon cheered you on. Your heart swelled up with pride at his praise and you felt like you were injected with more energy.

"Alright, let's take a break!" Seunghoon clapped his hands. "You guys did well!" A break? It hasn't even been an hour. But you complied since you were feeling unwell. "Gyeowool-ah, are you okay? I think you need some medicine for your cough." Younghyun, the ever considerate mat-unnie asked. "Yes unnie I think I need some medicine." You wanted to go get some for yourself, but Younghyun asked you to stay put and rest. You thanked her and went to the cafeteria to get some water.

Somehow you managed to survive the dance practice, and went to change out of your sweaty clothes. When you got back into the practice room to get your stuff, you noticed a little bottle of cough medicine on your bag. "Thank you Younghyun unnie" you thought to yourself as you packed your stuff.

 

-That night-

Your diary~
Dear Diary-nim,
I'm finally back in Korea today! I feel unwell though, my throat's so scratchy. At times like this I'm really thankful I chose not to pursue the career of a singer, haha. I was coughing so hard just now. Has he noticed? He hasn't right? Sigh...

Seunghoon's diary~
Yo Diary-sshi!
Today she came back to Korea, I'm happy to see her. But she looks so tired and kept coughing. Did she take the medicine? She should know it's from me, right? Urgh, maybe not, she's really dense. Also, she hit my arm really hard today, urgh. I said before that I don't like women who hit others arm and stuff, so why do I like her

 

Meanwhile Younghyun exclaims "Ah damn, I forgot to buy Gyeowool's medicine!"

 

-Flashback-
2011, Busan
You and Seunghoon were walking home together while he told you of his plans to audition for Kpop Star. "But this time I'm going alone. Last time for Korea's Got Talent, we all went together. But now I'm going alone." He spoke softly, but everything at that moment seemed to be silent, except for both your voices. "Good, that's good." So many thoughts rushed through your mind. Will he keep staying in Seoul? How can you see him? But you couldn't bring yourself to say that.

"Do you think I have the potential to be a star?" He asked. Of course. He dances well, he choreographs, he's a good lyricist. Aside from talent, he also has the looks. Tall and lean. You looked at his face. His small eyes resembled crescent moons, his sharp nose, and his high cheekbones. He's gorgeous. But then again you didn't have the guts to tell him that. "Your eyes are too small. But you might have a chance if you take out your braces." You tried to sound like you're speaking matter-of-factly. "Hmmm..." he pursed his lips while thinking. "Should I perm my hair?" "No!" You exclaimed, "Your hair looks good now!" "I was waiting for you to say that!" He laughed. You looked at him, giving a small smile as he laughed, when will you see him laugh again?

"Aish..." you stared at the television while face-palming. "Lee Seunghoon, I told you not to get a perm aigo..." you mumbled as you saw his poodle hair on TV.

*훈이 reads Hoon-ie

*땡큐 reads thank you