4

Manage My Love

 

As usual, I was preparing Super Junior to be on stage for Sorry Sorry. As usual, they were being annoying by ignoring me totally.

 

“Eunhyuk! Stop playing with your PSP and get your hair done!”I shouted.

 

“Lend me your PSP!”Donghae shouted, overpowering my voice.

 

“NO!”Eunhyuk shouted back.

 

“Haemin, did you buy coke for me?”Siwon came up to ask.

 

I smacked my forehead. I totally forgot the one thing that Siwon requested. This nice guy in front of me had only requested for a can of coke and I forgot about it. AISH!

 

“I’m so sorry! I totally forgot about it! I’ll buy you one when you all go on stage to perform. Is that alright? Sorry sorry!”I apologised profusely.

 

“SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY! NAEGAE NAEGAE……,”Kangin and Leeteuk started singing.

 

“AH, QUIET!”Heechul shouted.

 

People like Sungmin and Ryeowook were quietly getting their make-up and hair done. Everyone was moving about and wouldn’t stop whatever they’re doing to get their stuff done.

 

“Get away from me, Lee Donghae!”Eunhyuk pushed him away.

 

“Will you all quieten down? Haemin’s getting a headache already!”Yesung shouted.


Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me.

 

“Please get your hair and make-up done!”I made a puppy face.


“Ah, okay okay!”Donghae got away from Eunhyuk to do his hair.

 

Finally, one person listens to me. Slowly, one by one, they went to do what they were supposed to do. I sighed and settled down in one of the seats. I was resting my eyes when I heard something vibrate in my bag. It had to be my phone. And it must be Haneul. I rummaged through my bag for my phone and flipped it open. As I have expected, it was Haneul and I was already smiling. I pressed open and was starting to read. As I read, my smile disappeared. Suddenly, my phone was snatched away.

 

“GIVE ME BACK!”I shouted.

 

“NEVER!”Eunhyuk stuck out his tongue.

 

He ran away with all the members crowding around to see the contents of the message from Haneul.

 

“Must be something sweet again,” Leeteuk smiled to me.

 

My heart sank. No, it isn’t!

 

“GIVE ME BACK!”I shouted.

 

“Hi, Haemin! I figured I should tell you this!”Eunhyuk read.

 

“MUST BE A PROPOSAL!”Kangin clapped his hands.

 

“GIVE ME BACK!”I was on the verge of tears.

 

“But I guess, I should tell you this. You do realize you’ve been spending way too much time with your work that you’re neglecting me. Recently, I found a girl….,”Eunhyuk’s voice grew softer.

 

“Uh oh,” Some of the members were already guilty.

 

“Told you to give me back, didn’t I?!”I started crying as I snatched my phone away from Eunhyuk.

 

I ran out of the waiting room as I sobbed. When I first read the message, the first few words I saw was,”Let’s break up.” After which, I didn’t want to read the rest of the message. What I was angry about was he didn’t tell me face-to-face. Moreover, I was subjected to further humiliation when that stupid Eunhyuk read my break up message to the whole of Super Junior.

 

“Haemin!”someone called out.

 

I didn’t want to stop. I don’t want anybody to see me crying.

 

“Haemin!” Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him so that I was facing him.

 

A pair of brown eyes that were sincerely worried about me looked back into my eyes. I couldn’t stop crying and my vision blurred.

 

“We’re sorry about what happened. We didn’t mean to. Leeteuk and Kangin gave Eunhyuk a good thrashing.”Donghae told me, concerned.

 

I was still overwhelmed by the break up and wouldn’t stop crying.

 

“Come, let oppa hug you.”Donghae came towards me to hug me.

 

He hugged me and I placed my head on his shoulder. With him lending me his shoulder, I began to cry even more.

 

“Cry it all out. You’ll feel better.”Donghae mumbled into my ear.

 

I cried for quite some time. And I realised that Donghae shouldn’t be here comforting me! He has a performance coming up! Donghae sensed that something was up with me and released me. He looked at me, worriedly.

 

“You’ve got a performance! You shouldn’t be here comforting me! Go back.”I said.

 

“Haemin ah! You’re the so professional after what happened.”Donghae shook his head.

 

“Go back! What if you delay the performance!”I pushed him gently.

 

“Okay okay! I’ll go back on the condition that you go back with me as well.”Donghae grinned.

 

I nodded and he grabbed my hand. He held my hand all the way back to the waiting room. As we walked back, I didn’t know how I was going to face the members. Donghae opened the door to the waiting room.  As we stepped in, all of them looked up. Eunhyuk stood up from where he was. As hurt as I was, I didn’t want to see him or speak to him. I headed to where I always stood when giving instructions.

 

“Your performance is starting soon. Is everyone ready? If yes, go on ahead. You all know what to do.”I said without any tone of encouragement for their performance as I always had.

 

All the members sensed something wrong with me. But none of them said anything. They only nodded and went out of the door. Eunhyuk looked at me, opened his mouth before closing in without saying a word. He walked out while Leeteuk came towards me.

 

“Haemin, I apologise on behalf of Eunhyuk. I’ve spoken to him. He should apologise soon. I understand if you don’t wish to talk to him at the moment.”Leeteuk patted my shoulder.

 

“Thanks! You’re always the best.”I smiled a little.

 

“You shouldn’t say that. The rest would be jealous.”Leeteuk winked.

 

“I’m serious! Out of all the members, you’re the only one who has been there for me whenever there’s problems.”I told him.

 

“I’m the leader, after all. Want to talk about what happen tonight?”He asked.

 

“As in, the message?”I asked.

 

“I’m sure you would want to talk to someone about it, right?”Leeteuk said warmly.

 

I nodded.

 

“I’ll see you tonight then. Cheer up.”Leeteuk gave me a quick hug.

 

I nodded and he headed out to join the members. I sighed and sat down at my seat. I rested my head on my arms on the table and began to think. Was I really that committed to my job that I neglected Haneul? I thought he understood the nature of my job. Yes, it forces me to fly to a foreign country in a snap of the finger. And sometimes, I don’t even get to sleep throughout the night. But I love my job. The familiar sound of Sorry Sorry, I turned towards the television. It was showing the members performing on the stage above the waiting rooms. As I watched them, I felt a sense of pride. After they were done, they came back, excited and happy that the performance is over and that they did really well for today.

 

“Let’s all go home! No more schedules! YAY!”Kangin cheered.

 

“Are you feeling better?”Donghae came up to ask.

 

“A little. Thank you.”I smiled a little.

 

“Haemin, cheer up! I’ll cook ramen for you?”Ryeowook asked sweetly.

 

The members were already starting to pack up.

 

“It’s okay. You must be tired after the performance. Just go home and rest.”I smiled.

 

Ryeowook nodded with a smile. After the members were done packing, we all headed towards the car park. As usual, the big group of 13 pretty boys can’t fit into the lift at one go. I went with the first group to the car park. The stylists and make-up artistes went with the second group. After we settled in the car, we headed back to Super Junior’s dorm. As we reached the car park of their dorm, the stylists and make-up artistes got off and went home. I went up with the boys. Instead of going to the 13th floor as I usually did first, I didn’t get off this time round.

 

“Haemin, you’re not coming with us?”Sungmin asked.

 

“I want to check this dorm first. I’ll come to your dorm later,”I told him.

 

All of them thought it strange that I chose to go the 12th floor first except Leeteuk who knew I wanted to talk to him. I went to the 12th floor. The members on this floor were usually really noisy and rowdy but knowing I was upset over the break up, they were exceptionally quiet today. Leeteuk and I headed towards his room to chat. I sat on his bed as I went in. I was that close to Leeteuk.

 

“Did Eunhyuk apologise?”he asked.

 

“Not yet.”I replied.

 

“He will soon. He have to summon up courage before apologizing. You know how he is with girls.”Leeteuk patted my back.

 

I nodded.

 

“Feeling better? What did he say?”He asked.

 

I didn’t want to say the content of the message out loud so I handed my phone to Leeteuk. I had read the whole message in the car when I was sitting alone. I couldn’t help but cry silently. The message read,” Hi, Haemin! I figured I should tell you this. But I guess, I should tell you this. You do realize you’ve been spending way too much time with your work that you’re neglecting me. Recently, I found a girl who has been really nice to me. I feel loved by her. So, I guess it’s the end for us. Please don’t contact me. Haneul.” It was that heartless.

 

“Oh, Haemin! You don’t deserve this.”Leeteuk immediately said before hugging me.

 

I began crying on his shoulder. I’ve really got to thank God for a friend like Leeteuk. After crying, he released me slowly.

 

“Do you want to stay here tonight? I’ll be worried if you go back home now. It’s so late.”he said.

 

“Okay. I’ll go check on the 13th floor. You all okay here, right?”I asked.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll check on the 13th floor for you. Go rest. You’ve had enough today.”Leeteuk smiled.