Chapter 7

Going Against Fate
Sorry for the delay lovelies! Please vote, subscribe, and comment! 
Inspiration is needed! XOXO
        Love, Enroe ❤️
 
--
 
Tan's POV
 

The ride home was awfully choking. Eunsang's silence was so disturbing it became deafening. She didn't speak nor did she even look at me. She really isn't a girl that you can go easy with. 

 
We're in front of our house now. The driver was the first to leave, as if he can sense something was wrong. Very respectful. 
 
Eunsang was also about to leave right after the driver if I hadn't caught her hand. "Cha Eunsang."
 
She looked at me with glassy eyes. "Aren't you done toying with me?" She asked sharply, a complete contrast of how she looked at me.
 
"I'm not toying with you." I said with the most convincing tone I could manage. 
 
"Oh, wait let me see, you said I can't see you except for 2 times a week, but it turned out that you were spying me everyday for who knows why. And yes, you just called me a flirt when both you and I know that I do not have that kind of relationship with YoungDo." She paused, getting herself some time to breathe. "Now look at me in the eye and tell me you're not toying with me." 
 
I gripped her hand. Of course I cannot do that, with her staring at me with those eyes. "I did not mean to lie to you. I just wanted to check if you're going to be okay when I'm not around, and I didn't-"
 
"So you're preparing me when you leave? Is that right? What am I, your experiment?" She cut me. "Kim Tan, I'm tired of expecting that our relationship will work out. I'm tired of hurting over and over again. And this, what you're doing..." She blinked tears from her eyes. I've never seen her break down so easily. "You are so good in this game that I don't want to play. We can always stop this, to make things easier for all of us."
 
"Stop? Eunsang, after all we've been through you want this to stop just like that?" I caressed her cheek and drew her face closer to mine. "I'll do whatever it takes to make us, us. May it be the hard way, I don't care. If there's one of us that has to be strong then let that be me. You can't just let all of these go. I can't just let you go, and I won't." 
 
I looked straight in her eyes and I can tell that she believes me, and that she's giving in. "I mean everything that I said, Cha Eunsang." I pressed my lips to hers, and I lingered in the kiss for a little while, feeling her warm lips that are in contrast from her cold hands. I guess everything about her is fire and water, but that is what makes her her. 
 
I pulled away and leaned her forehead on mine, keeping our gazes locked, our faces close. For a moment all I could hear was the loud beat of my heart ringing in my ears. "I promise." 
 
She nodded and I enveloped her in a warm embrace. It's been a while since I can get to her this close. And I'm willing to give up everything to make this moment last. 
 
"Sorry I was rude on you." She said, her voice muffled in my shirt. 
 
"Shh." I buried my face on the crook of her neck. "It's okay. This is what matters now."
 
--
 
Young Do's POV
 
It's happening again. I grip the edge of my table as if to prevent myself from falling, even if it is just an illusion. 
 
The world started to swirl, from the colors of the classroom to the uniforms of the students present. Dark spots blotted my vision. I try to blink them away, but it was useless. Here it goes, my least favorite part. The world was tilting. Gravity was pulling me from the side and I couldn't identify if I was falling to the left or otherwise. I feel my body become lighter, as if it was being carried by the air and it was put pf my control. Sandy silver glitters came to my vision, making everything more complicated than before. I lost my grip, and I was falling and I don't know for how long. 
 
A scream. It pierced through my mind. Cutting whatever it is that I was seeing. Figures started to reform. The spinning and the falling stopped. I was back in the room again but the ceiling and blurry faces were all that I can name. And there she was, the only face that was clear - Cha Eun Sang.
 
"Young Do! Ya!" Beads of sweat trickled down her face. I fight the urge to wipe it, to touch her, since it will just make things worse. Plus, I feel numb, as if my body wasn't a part of me. 
 
This . 
 
She taps my cheeks. More like a light slap. "Can you see me?" She asked, waving a hand. Though her voice sounded like I was hearing from underwater, I understood it clearly, because it was the voice I've been dying to hear since the very first day I had my black outs. 
 
I nod. She let out a sigh, meaning she saw me move. Thank God I can move. "Can you stand? I'll bring you to the infirmary." 
 
I try to get up and regretted it instantly. The ground was swept on my feet. Good thing Chanyoung was there and was alert to catch me. "Thanks bro." I said sluggishly. 
 
Both him and Eun Sang draped my hands over their shoulders as we walked to the infirmary. Chanyoung left immediately after he informed us that he was needed in the office. 
 
"How long was I out?" 
 
"5 minutes I think. What happened out there?" She asked, worrying on her lip.
 
"Nothing. Just my, uh, regular blackouts. Thanks to your heroic boyfriend I have to eat more protein than normal." I said, trying to make the mood light.
 
"He's not my boyfriend." She defended. "No. Not. Yet." 
 
Not yet.
 
I wish I was in another blackout when she said that so I didn't have to listen to it. "I mean, it's his fault you ended up like this. I'm sorry."
 
"You mean it's your fault." I grinned. "I defended you. I fought for you. Yet you did nothing for me." 
 
"I didn't ask you to! Now you're putting the blame on me."
 
"Ya! Cha Eun Sang!" I covered my ears. "Stop yelling."
 
Her eyes widen. "Of course. Sorry." She whispered a little louder. "Will you be okay?"
 
"Why? If I said yes, you're going to leave me, aren't you? Because you have to meet Kim Tan?"
 
She looked at me with disbelief. "How did you-?" She cleared . "I mean No, but yes. I won't leave you but yes because I have to meet Tan." 
 
"Is it just me or I can't understand a word you're saying." I said. God this is confusing. 
 
She laughed. "I'll stay here. I'm enjoying looking at you sick. The big bully now a big patient." 
 
"Ya, not a word about this!" 
 
"Almost everyone in class saw you. What do you care?" She asked as if it was really nothing. 
 
"I'll be seen as weak. I'm Choi Young Do!" 
 
She placed her hand on my forehead. The way my mom does when I'm having a fever. "Of course not. I don't think those kids will be less frightened when they see you."
 
"Stop treating me like a kid." I said, swatting her hand off my forehead. I didn't want her to be like this caring and all. She's treating me like a friend. And I don't want her to be just that. I don't want her to be that. "You know how I feel, don't you?"
 
Her expression has changed. It became so hard she's hard to read. "Young Do, please. Not now." 
 
"Where is he? Huh? Why is it always have to be you to follow him? He wanted you to go there? Why can't he come here?" 
 
"Why do you have to make things complicated when it was alright a minute ago?" She clenched her hands to fists, obviously controlling herself. "We were okay. Why do you have to bring this up again?" 
 
I was sitting now, not able to face her weakly, now that I finally have the courage to bring this up. "Because I'm tired of being a third wheel! I'm tired of being just there when you need me. I... Want to be always there, Cha Eun Sang."
 
"Can't we be just what we are?"
 
I laughed bitterly. "Of course not. It's that or nothing." 
 
"Young Do, I just can't leave you here."
 
"I didn't ask you to bring me in the first place." 
 
"You're serious about this? Look I didn't -"
 
The door flew open. "Cha Eun Sang!" 
 
Oh yippie. The hero's arrived. 
 
"Kim Tan." I said, greeting him with a smirk. "Eun Sang's so nice she brought here without me asking. May I borrow her for a while?" 
 
"She's not a toy! You jerk!" He flung his fist in the air ready to punch if Eun Sang didn't stop him. 
 
"You've already caused him a damage. Aren't you satisfied that much you want to hurt him again?" 
 
"What happened?" He asked. For a moment I thought he was really concerned but then I realized that he was just asking for Eun Sang's sake. 
 
"None of your business." I butted in, not wanting Kim Tan to take his advantage. He slipped his hand to Eun Sang's. I really should punch him in the face. 
 
"Ya, if I'm not interrupting something can I take her home?" 
 
"But I promised him to stay." She said, her voice shaking.
 
"You promised me too."
 
So here goes the who's more important part. And the winner goes to... The usual villain of all times.
 
"Fine, Kim Tan." She took his hand. "Let's go."
 
"Wait for me outside." Tan said, surprising both Eun Sang and me.
 
"S-sure." She walked out, leaving the door closed.
 
"Ya, I heard you were having black outs." He said.
 
"What do you care? Shouldn't you be happy?" 
 
"Look, sorry. It wasn't - "
 
"Shut up. Don't try to be nice. It's all for a show right? She's gone now. You might as well be." 
 
He scowled. "Don't you dare go anywhere near her again. Or else,"
 
"What, you'll kill me?" I interrupt. "Try me. So you're not together? Then I'll make her mine."
 
"Is that a threat?" 
 
I shake my head. "A challenge."