Romeo and Juliet

the ultimate winner

 

Tiffany slumped on the velvet couch once they reached home. “Fany ah, time to practise the monologue and choose the song, did you forget the audition is tomorrow~” Bom smiled and sat beside Tiffany. “Oh wow, this is the first time i've seen you want to do something right when you reach home besides eating.” Tiffany gave her eye smile as she pinched Bom's cheeks.

 

“Okay okay back to serious work, i think i'll be singing defy gravity.” Tiffany said as she took the printed script of Romeo's monologue out from her bag. “Oh... i wanted to sing that too...” Bom disappointedly trailed off as Tiffany smiled and replied, “It's alright, you can sing that then, i'll just sing Alicia Key's If I ain't got you then.” Bom cheered as she hugged Tiffany. “Alright let's start practising.....”

 

The queue for the audition stretched from one block to another. “Oh my gosh fany, there's so many people, especially pretty girls! I am nervous!” Bom whispered to Tiffany as she felt her leg turn jelly. “It's alright, you can do it, wait but most importantly did you tell father about this?” Bom quickly brushed tiffany off by saying, “ah yes, daddy knows.” Tiffany nodded her head as she looked at their outfits, Bom was wearing the white Chanel toga dress that she bought from france while Tiffany was wearing denim high waist shorts with a white lacy tank top. “Bom must take this audition really seriously, she even wore her precious dress.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Park Bom, please come into the studio now, it's your turn.” a teacher spoke through a loud speaker. Tiffany patted Bom's shoulder as she swept Bom's hair to one side. “You look gorgeous girl, good luck, you will be Juliet!” Tiffany assured Bom as she gave her signature eye smile. Bom took a deep breath and walked into the studio as confidently as she could.

 

As Bom did her monologue and sang her song, the judges attentively listened as they smiled and wrote down the comments. At the end, they clapped and said, “Good job, please come back here tomorrow at the same time, we have the last round of auditions, which is the dance auditions.”

 

Bom tried to keep a straight face as she bowed and walked out the studio, getting faster with each step she takes, then she ran out and hugged tiffany. “You can do it, i think you can at least become Nurse.” Bom grinned at tiffany as tiffany walked into the studio.

 

“But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliet is the sun....” Tiffany started on her monologue and went into it smoothly,“It is my lady! - O it is my love.....” Suddenly Tiffany's mind went blank. “Improvise Tiffany, improvise!” She thought as she kneeled on the floor and quickly made up some lines on the spot, “O her beauty makes me forget the words in my head, my love for her is not what words can be used to describe. Words, forever inferior compared to the passion i feel in my heart.” then she went on to use different quotes that she remembered from around the book until she finally remembered the lines from the monologue. The judges laughed, looked at each other and started writing.

 

After Tiffany sang their song, one of the judges smiled and said while staring at her eye bags, “did you read the whole book in such short notice?” Tiffany slightly smiled and replied, “Yeah, it doesn't make sense if i don't even know what i am auditioning for.” The judges nodded her head and said, “Alright, please report here tomorrow at 3pm for the dancing auditions.” Tiffany bowed and walked out of the room, even though she was shortlisted for the last round, she felt extremely dejected that she didn't remember her lines.