Chapter VI

So Near Yet So Far
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I'm sorry for being late." I heard a man's voice just behind me.

 

"Oh, at last, here you are Luhan!" uncle said. For a while I was stunned when I heard his name.

 

"Son, meet your Uncle Hyung Suk and her daughter Dara!" Aunt Hyori introduced us to the man.

 

I stood up and looked at Luhan. I was stunned again by the look of the person who's in front of me. He's pretty. He looks like a pretty bad boy though with what he's wearing. It's not formal but he's cool. He offered his hand and I took it. I felt a sudden rush of electricity when I touched his hand. I suddenly released it. Then I shifted my gaze to my Dad who is smiling.

 

 "You're just in time Luhan. Come join us!" my dad said.

 

"Luhan, remember Dara? She went to our house before? You were 13 back then and she was 10." Tita said to Luhan.

 

"Oh yeah, I recall. She's the pigtail girl with braces right?" Luhan said smiling. He looked at me and I just smiled to him awkwardly.

 

Why does he need to say pigtail girl and braces? Is he trying to annoy me? I thought to myself. I tried to hide my slight annoyance and smiled back at him.

 

"Nice meeting you again Dara!" he said to me.

 

"Yeah, me too." I just said.

 

"Since we're already complete, why don't we order food." aunt suggested.

 

"Alright then" Dad agreed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter