And You always Hold my Heart

That Somebody's Me

A/N: Guys!! the last chapter!!!! Thank you all for sticking with the story! Thanks to all the readers and subscribers and voters and commenters (^_^)

I defintely enjoyed writing this and i never expected the story to be this long but then again that usually happens with my fics...anyway I'll bring my attention back to my Neo fics I'm working on and have planned and get back to I Am Yours as well!

A special thanks to:   - RedSpadeHanji    -    Ana79oo9a  -    and -   kikomizo   -  for the upvotes! I really appreciate it :)

Anyway guys enjoy the last chapter and please tell me what you think, whether it's about this chapter or the whole story I'd love to hear :)

Enjoy! (^_^)

 

 

“Three”, Hakyeon spoke, followed by a kiss, a quick peck to Taekwoon’s lips and the younger promptly sighed but Hakyeon could still see the corners of his lips twitch in a smile.

Jaehwan chuckled in the background. “Are you still making it up to him?”, he questioned, an amused smile directed at Taekwoon. Hakyeon turned from Taekwoon to stick his tongue out at the other.

“Are you still trying to ask Hongbin out?”, Hakyeon countered, eyebrows raised. 

“Hyung!”, Jaehwan cried, “that was unaccounted for.”

Hakyeon laughed, tugging himself into Taekwoon’s side. “Just do it, Jaehwan-ah, or I’ll do it for you.”, he threatened, eyes narrowing before he was tugging on Taekwoon and leaving the room.

 

When the couple were alone, walking through the winding pathways of the university, Hakyeon turned thoughtful.

“Hmmm, have I punished you long enough now?” he was still stuck to Taekwoon’s side, his head neatly resting on Taekwoon’s upper arm as they walked.

Taekwoon smiled fondly. “It’s your call.”

“Maybe a couple more days.”, Hakyeon grinned, before reaching up and placing a kiss on Taekwoon’s cold cheek. “Four”, he giggled and Taekwoon chuckled into the older’s hair.

 

It had been two weeks that Hakyeon and Taekwoon had been together. Hakyeon naturally wanted to fall helplessly into their relationship but there was always this nagging feeling at the back of his mind. Taekwoon had been more than wonderful, he was doting and caring and he done everything in his power to keep Hakyeon smiling. It made the older happy that Taekwoon was serious about this and through every action and look the younger gave him Hakyeon could see the real, honest love.

Hakyeon was scared at first, to just let go and not worry himself about their future, about whether Taekwoon would stay the same or turn cold and distant within time again. They had talked for hours, sorting out what they had gone through, Taekwoon still apologizing whenever he noticed Hakyeon had a certain hollow look in his eyes…it took some time, but day by day that fear had disappeared and Hakyeon had trusted the other completely again until Taekwoon could look at him, hold him and say he loved Hakyeon without any guilt.

It saddened Hakyeon as well that Taekwoon felt so guilty. He hated the fact that he could see it burning in his eyes and Hakyeon just wanted to take it away himself. Now though things were lighter, easier, there was no more guilt, no more doubt, it was like it had always been those years back. They were blissfully happy and now more so than then as they had one another in all and every way. It was what Hakyeon had wanted, had needed and Taekwoon had drowned in his new found feelings. It sometimes still surprised Hakyeon how much Taekwoon needed this just as much as he did. Taekwoon would sometimes still come to him, crying, telling him how much he needed Hakyeon by his side and that he should never doubt or forget that.

It was moments like that, where Hakyeon hugged the other tightly, embraced him and wiped away his tears, knowing that Taekwoon came to him, cried to him, the emotions even overwhelming him of all people that he had sobbed into Hakyeon’s arms; that Hakyeon could feel this love they had for each other, grow and weave deeper into his heart. Taekwoon had always held his heart and now, so Hakyeon held his.  

Hakyeon was currently situated on one of the benches, sitting with a leg crossed over and his elbow resting on his knee, head resting on his hand, gazing at Taekwoon. The other had gone to get them coffee or in Hakyeon’s case hot chocolate, to warm them from the cold. It was a Saturday, both Hakyeon and Taekwoon had finished their exams and were now on holiday and while most of the other students had already gone home, the couple still had two more days here before they were off to Taekwoon’s parents’ house. Something which constantly had Hakyeon biting his lip fixating and Taekwoon constantly telling Hakyeon not to worry, that it would be fine.

Taekwoon for one seemed to be completely relaxed about living in his parents’ house for two whole months when they knew the two were together. Which kept Hakyeon wondering that maybe his parents had already known about Taekwoon’s feelings or at least suspected something and mentioned it to him that he was so calm about telling them officially.

Still Hakyeon was somewhat excited to see his extended family and be back to their warm Christmas dinners and staring up at the huge Christmas tree Taekwoon’s parents insisted on even though they were all grown up. It always felt so complete like he had his own family back and the stories Taekwoon’s parents would tell about his own made Hakyeon so happy. He was glad his parents had become friends with Taekwoon’s…they missed them dearly as well.

Hakyeon briefly caught Taekwoon’s stare from inside the shop and immediately he smiled, fond and caring and Hakyeon once again was left in awe that he would always push away his self-consciousness in public away for Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiled back and blew and kiss and even from a distance away he could see the other blush before Taekwoon was turning back to the queue in the coffee shop. Hakyeon giggled before he let his thoughts drift again.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Taekwoon had come plop down next to Hakyeon on the bench, startling the older out of his thoughts. He handed over Hakyeon’s hot chocolate as he took a sip of his own Americano, eyeing the older over his cup. 

“Christmas”, Hakyeon answered thoughtfully, staring straight, the faint trace of a smile on his lips.

“Stop worrying now, it’s going to be fine.”, Taekwoon retorted immediately, frowning with a pout. He had probably repeated those words a hundred times over the past two weeks.

Hakyeon chuckled. “No, not about that. I was just thinking about Christmas dinner with your family and all the stories they told me about my mom and dad. I’ve missed them too you know.” Hakyeon had glanced at the other now and watched as the younger’s gaze softened, free hand coming to rest over Hakyeon’s.

Taekwoon smiled softly. “We’re almost home. They’ve missed you as well. And last year…it wasn’t the same without you Yeon.”

“Home”, Hakyeon said, sighing happily at the word. Last year this time Hakyeon had insisted on staying the entire holiday at the university rather than coming home with Taekwoon as he usually did each year. He claimed he had found a job and wanted to start earning money, declining Taekwoon’s parents’ worried request of coming to visit. Hakyeon had felt bad, he didn’t want to disappoint the people that were practically his parents, but he couldn’t handle spending the entire time with Taekwoon when things had been that bad. They were hardly speaking to each other and Hakyeon knew his parents would realize something was terribly wrong and Hakyeon definitely wasn’t ready to confront his feelings and now he knew Taekwoon hadn’t been either. Now though he wanted nothing more than to go home to Mrs. Jung’s comforting and motherly hugs, Mr. Jung’s deep laughter, Taekwoon’s sister that would hopefully be there so they could side with Hakyeon on pretty much everything and tease Taekwoon. He had missed the smell of homemade food, of a love filled home, waiting ready for them. A warm family that cared for him. He had missed it so much and even at the times he found himself at the fireplace gazing at the pictures of Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s families both together, smiling, happily enjoying Christmas together; he felt no sadness. He knew they were safe and that they had been happy. He would see them one day again.

“Hmm”, Taekwoon hummed, resting his head onto Hakyeon’s. “Before home though we still have two days left and I want to do something.”

“What?”

“Something we haven’t done in a while.”

Hakyeon tilted his head curiously, turning so he could look at the other.

“You’ll see.”, Taekwoon smiled. “Just get dressed tonight. You skinny’s and eyeliner.” He grinned as he swiftly pecked Hakyeon’s lips, ruffling the older’s hair when Hakyeon still only stared at him, confusedly.

 

“You’re dense hyung.”

“Yah!” Hakyeon had turned from the mirror to glare at the younger, eyeliner in hand. “How am I supposed to know where Taek’s taking me? And why are you getting dressed too?”

“It’s obvious hyung.”, Jaehwan spoke as he styled his hair in his own mirror. “And Hongbin and I happen to be going out tonight too. It is Friday night and our last weekend here at Uni for the year as well so.”

“Ohh a date hmm?”, Hakyeon questioned, grin ready and eyes alight.

“Not a date per say.”, Jaehwan smiled sheepishly, “but we’re hanging out you know.”

“Sure, sure.”, Hakyeon winked, turning back to the mirror.

Jaehwan watched as his hyung turned around, going back to the mirror to do his eyeliner. He grinned as he noticed the way the tight skinny jeans sat.

“Hyung those jeans look hot on you, Taekwoon hyung won’t be able to keep his hands off you.”

Hakyeon laughed, before turning from the mirror once again, his eyes now lined skilfully with black giving a mysterious and y look to his tan complexion. “He can’t keep his hands off me anyway.”, he grinned.

“Hakyeon!”

“Ah that’s my cue”, Hakyeon spoke as he grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.

“See you later hyung!”

 

“Hey”

“Hi”

Taekwoon had draped an arm around the other’s waist, sweeping in and bringing him close, placing a kiss to his neck. “Are you ready?”

“Hmm”, Hakyeon hummed, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist and nuzzling his face into Taekwoon’s muscular chest, very much enjoying the feel of it, the pleasant smile evidence of it.

 

“Yah, Jung Taekwoon, you take me here?”, Hakyeon jokingly glared, giving the younger a smack to the arm. They were just stepping through the door of their familiar University club; although so early at night it was still considered a bar rather and with the all too familiar karaoke set to the one side against the wall. Hakyeon cringed as they walked past it to the bar.

“The people here freakin knew me before and they certainly know me after the little incident. I don’t want to be seen here again!”, he cried, purposely avoiding the gaze of any staff members or familiar faces.

“I told you I would be taking you somewhere where we haven’t done something for a while. Something we used to do a lot together. I thought you’d be able to guess just from that.” Taekwoon was forcing the other down on a seat and lifting the older’s face up as well.

“And do you regret your confession?”, Taekwoon asked seriously, eyes staring into Hakyeon’s.

He watched Hakyeon’s eyes shift away and his lips turn down. “I don’t. It’s just embarrassing Taekwoon.”

“Hakyeon, I’m not here to embarrass you. I’m still making it up to you right?” Hakyeon nodded. “This place holds so many memories of our time here in Uni and we sang together and had a good time with our friends. Things that happened on the better days between us, happened here. I want to make a new one, of us, together. And you can dance with me as much as you want tonight. I won’t complain.”, Taekwoon smiled, smoothing his thumb over the older’s cheek as he watched Hakyeon’s eyes light up and finally sparkle at the mention of dancing together.

Their previous night’s here, Taekwoon had willingly sung with Hakyeon but dancing had always been something he sat out on. It was Hakyeon’s expertise and passion and he would rather have watched him dance and enjoy himself than join in. Unless Hakyeon forced and dragged him onto the dancefloor which definitely happened.

“Really?!”, Hakyeon grinned excitedly, hands already half tugging Taekwoon’s.

“Yes, really.”, Taekwoon smiled fondly, interlocking their fingers. Hakyeon was already jumping with excitement, eyes gleaming. “Drinks first though.”, Taekwoon spoke with a grin, turning to the bar and ordering for them.

“1...2…3…go”

The pair poured back their drink, swallowing in one go, both grinning at each other afterwards, a steady red glow making its way on their cheeks, an added effect of the alcohol. After five shots they were both pleasantly buzzed, enough so that Taekwoon could finally be dragged to the dancefloor.

The club had in the meantime filled with people, the dancefloor already quite busy and the atmosphere and vibe was getting Hakyeon elated. Taekwoon’s hand, warm in his own as they stepped through the people to the centre, was something he’d never forget. When Hakyeon had found his spot, he turned, Taekwoon’s hands already resting on his hips, and faced the other, smiling brightly. Taekwoon had enough alcohol in his system to smile back freely, careless and bright, unbothered by all the other moving bodies around them. Hakyeon began to sway and Taekwoon followed the movement, stepping closer to Hakyeon, so close their chests’ were touching and Taekwoon’s breath blew over Hakyeon’s face. They were silent, but their eyes spoke everything needed to say. The music filled the silence, too loud to really talk anyway and Hakyeon felt drowned yet he didn’t know if it was in the music that consumed him or the feeling of Taekwoon so close, smiling so lovingly, his hot hands burning pleasantly on Hakyeon’s hips or the eyes that never left his in the heat of the club.

They danced for quite a while, different beats filling their ears and controlling their movements. Hakyeon had turned again, leaning his back onto Taekwoon’s chest, head lolling back onto the younger’s shoulder as he danced with his eyes closed and a grin still plastered on his face. Taekwoon’s one hand was still on his hip, the other resting over his waist, holding him to him. Hakyeon very much enjoyed varying his pressure of grinding back onto Taekwoon as they danced, relishing in the soft growl he could faintly hear and the way Taekwoon’s fingers tightened on his hip. Hakyeon was still laughing at the way Taekwoon grinded back onto him when he felt a cold hand touch his shoulder and his eyes snapped open.

Jaehwan was standing before him, a grin on his face and his eyebrows raised as he took in the two’s dishevelled state. Taekwoon still had enough dignity to blush darkly while Hakyeon only ginned.

“Behave yourselves!”, Jaehwan shouted over the music and Hakyeon stuck his tongue out.

“What are you doing here too?”, Hakyeon shouted back, only now noticing a grinning Hongbin next to Jaehwan. He gave the other a meaningful look but Jaehwan simply smiled mischievously and grabbed Hongbin’s hand leading him a little way away to dance as well.

Hakyeon turned back to Taekwoon when the other two disappeared, shaking his head as he chuckled. Taekwoon was immediately ready to swoop Hakyeon back into his arms, wrapping him up close, their chests pressed together. Hakyeon grinned even if Taekwoon couldn’t see it and placed a quick kiss to the younger’s neck.

They danced for another while, both giving in to the euphoric feeling, Hakyeon urging himself continuously to engrave the memory and sight of Taekwoon dancing with him like this in his mind. The other’s pretty pale skin was illuminated with the lights, his dark eyes seemingly shining in the dark and more intense in their stare and the almost constant pleased smile on Taekwoon’s lips was mesmerizing. 

Taekwoon in turn was mesmerized by the way Hakyeon’s skin glowed in the dim lights, his chocolate brown eyes so bright and happy each time he caught them. The way he moved especially. The sassy sway of his hips, the roll of his head and the waist that turned and dipped according to every beat of the music. It was addicting watching him dance and Taekwoon felt his mouth go dry whenever Hakyeon was stepping closer, his hands grabbing onto him and when the other had started to grind and roll his hips onto Taekwoon’s.

A voice over the mic interrupted the dancing, the music momentarily turned down.

“The karaoke will begin shortly.”, the voice announced and Hakyeon was grinning all over again at the prospect of singing with Taekwoon on stage like they used to do.

With a promise that they would indeed sing together later on, Taekwoon had returned them to the bar, sitting Hakyeon down on a chair as he excused himself to go to the bathroom.

The lights had , the people dancing cleared from the floor and the stage getting ready to set up, preparing for the first singer.

 

“Yeon.”

Hakyeon snapped his head around at the sound of his nickname.

“Yeon.”, the call came again and Hakyeon took notice that it sounded much louder than what it would if someone had simply shouted.

“Yeonnie!” And now Hakyeon had finally detected the sound, gaze snapping up to the stage and staring incredulously, along with all the other people in the club, up at Taekwoon.

“Taekwoon, what are you-“ Hakyeon had risen from his chair, making his way slowly to the stage.

Taekwoon was blushing, obviously feeling very self-conscious under the lighting and the stares, but he was preserving, keeping his gaze locked on Hakyeon as if he could erase all the others from the room by solely concentrating on Hakyeon.

“Hakyeon”, Taekwoon began and the room fell to silence. “I know we’re already together but I still feel I should return the gesture and give you a…proper confession. Even though you were drunk during yours it doesn’t matter because I heard it and I knew you had meant every word and I still feel like apologizing to you over and over again for doing what I had done. I had left you that night and I feel horrid so feel free to walk out after you’ve heard mine.”, here Taekwoon chuckled nervously, hands wringing together. “anyway, I…I know I’ve messed up and we’ve already talked through all this so tonight I really want to start anew and make things…official I guess.” Hakyeon was staring dazedly at the other, face blank in unbelief.

 “So…uhm, yeah you can start the song.”, Taekwoon spoke awkwardly, turning to the staff member who handed him his mic.

Taekwoon was back to staring straight into Hakyeon’s eyes as the music began the soft notes filling his ears as he took a deep breath, controlling his shaky emotions and parting his lips to let the soft, sweet voice fill the room.



I tried to tell you how I feel
I tried to tell you but I'm weak
Words don't come easily
When you get close I shiver
I watch you when you smile
I watch you when you cry
And I still don't understand
I can't find a way to tell you

I wish I was your lover
I wish that you were mine
Baby I've got this feeling
That I just can't hide

Don't try to run away
There's many things I wanna say
No matter how it ends
Just hold me when I tell you

I wish I was your lover
I wish that you were mine
Baby I got this feeling
That I just can't hide

All I need is a miracle
Oh baby all I need is you
All I need is to love you
Oh baby all I need is you
Baby you

I wish I was your lover
I wish that you were mine
Baby I got this feeling
That I just can't hide

Just wanna be your lover
Just wanna be the one
Let me be your lover
Let me be the one
 

 

 

Hakyeon was unaware when he had started crying. Maybe at the first sound of Taekwoon’s singing voice. Something he had heard so long ago and something he had definitely longed to hear. Maybe it was when he finally took notice of the words, the meaning behind it and the emotions reflecting every word in Taekwoon’s eyes. Or maybe it was when the song ended, the tension and silence in the room so highstrung, yet Hakyeon was fixed on the sight of Taekwoon staring back down on him, eyes b with his own tears, a little sob breaking through his voice when he spoke Hakyeon’s name, moving closer to the edge of the stage and finally crouching down so he could lightly jump off.

“Hakyeon”, Taekwoon called out again, hand reaching out to the other and Hakyeon was struck with the familiarity of it. He stepped closer though, another step until they were meeting one another, touching and before Hakyeon could even register how it had happened, he was wrapped in Taekwoon’s arms, the tight embrace so moving and warm. Taekwoon had pulled back, staring straight at him, his eyes as intense as ever. A pale hand had come to rest on his cheek and for the first time Hakyeon had found himself absolutely speechless.

Somewhere at the back of his mind Hakyeon could register the rhythmic chant of “kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss” and he briefly looked up to the crowd seeing Jaehwan shouting it out the loudest of them all, a bright grin on his face. Hakyeon was still blank, eyes glazed over as he washed over the sight of his friend and he dimly registered the hand that he had seen there was connected to another, to a dimpled smiling face. Hakyeon only had enough time to notice this before Taekwoon had grabbed his face and brought him in, kissing him fiercely, passionately and Hakyeon felt himself melt and his mind finally click back into place.

He could taste the salt in their kiss and he realized they were both still crying, but Taekwoon wouldn’t pull away, instead he gripped Hakyeon closer to him, kissing the other completely breathless until they were panting over one another’s lips. They were so close and Hakyeon was so right, so in place at that moment. He couldn’t have cared or noticed even the crowding people around them, he was locked away in his and Taekwoon’s world, all his senses blocked to anything but Taekwoon’s sight, touch and smell. He could feel Taekwoon’s wet eyelashes flutter on his cheeks and another tear dripped between them.

“Hakyeon.”, Taekwoon was speaking again, shaky breaths passing his lips and over Hakyeon’s.

“Yes?”

“I love you, I love you so, so much”

Hakyeon was smiling through his tears, hands running over and over the brown hair on Taekwoon’s head, cradling him close and kissing him all over his face. Forehead, nose cheeks, closed lashes, lips. Taekwoon was smiling softly and sweetly…much like everything he was and did. Hakyeon didn’t want anything else. He didn’t want anyone else.

“I love you too Taek, I love you.”

 

A/N: and I'm a sappy i always end my fics with i love you's but lol i don't care I'm a proud sappy XD