Put Your arms around Me

That Somebody's Me

A/N: I'm back!! Hey readers! I'm finshed with exams and uni for the year so hopefully updates will be coming quicker(if I'm not lazy) I apologize if the writing in this chapter is a bit different than the previous ones I'm not writing out of someone's specific POV in this one. it's both Taek and Hakyeon's thoughts here but i might go back to Hakyeon only pov in the next one. this chapter is the second last one though so the last one won't maybe be that long as it'll only tie things together and what not.

anyhow as always thank you for any new subscribers and readers! I'l get back to replying on comments and don't hesitate to tell me what you think! :)

A special thanks to: -   tsukiyama -    - Naralove -   -  inspiritic -   and    - OnWooNielSeob  - for the upvotes! Thank you so much!

Enjoy guys! (^_^)

 

Hakyeon focused to keep his eyes closed when he felt his mind awaken, the little sunlight from the dorm window managing to just shine over his face illuminating the dark head of hair next to Hakyeon’s nose. When he had regained enough of his senses to move his limbs he felt his body and hands uncurl and curl back. He found his fingers clutched at Taekwoon’s shirt arms wrapped around the younger’s waist, his chest snuggled comfortably against the other’s muscular back, face buried in the crook of Taekwoon’s neck. Hakyeon breathed in the other’s scent, the undeniable feeling of comfort and familiarity seeping through at the smell.

Hakyeon snuggled closer, tangling his legs between Taekwoon’s making use of the opportunity while the other was asleep. He tightened his hold around Taekwoon’s waist and promptly sighed. Hakyeon had half expected the other to come to his senses sometime in the night and had left. Or maybe he had dreamt it all up and he would have woken up alone either way. But here Taekwoon was, asleep next to him….he hadn’t run away.

Hakyeon pulled away then, subtly moving off the bed. They had to get finished for classes anyway so it wasn’t like they could sleep in and stay cuddled for the rest of the day. They had too much to discuss anyway to allow the closeness of each other’s bodies.

Hakyeon padded off to the kitchen, filling the kettle and flicking the switch. He let himself gaze at the sleeping man while he waited for the water to boil. The other was adorable, hands curled in at his face, chest moving slowly, the hair of his fringe falling into his eyes.

It was strange to think the other had pleaded and cried to him the previous night.

“I don’t know what to think now.”, Hakyeon murmured to himself, running a hand through his hair. The kettle clicked off and Hakyeon turned, pouring himself and Taekwoon a cup of coffee.

“Hakyeon.”, Taekwoon’s groggy voice called, muffled by the multiple blankets and pillows.

“Hey, morning.”, Hakyeon smiled softly, bringing over Taekwoon’s cup and sitting at the younger’s feet. Hakyeon couldn’t help the fond smile as he watched Taekwoon get up slowly, hair sticking up in different places and eyes still screwed half shut at the light around the dorm. He had never been much of a morning person. It was cute, really and Hakyeon already felt the effects of the younger on him…a quickened heartbeat, butterflies in his stomach…his usual response when he was in close proximity to Taekwoon. 

Taekwoon was sitting up, head hanging and Hakyeon laughed, handing him the cup. Coffee always woke him up. After a few sips, and the hanging silence between them, Taekwoon still too asleep to notice, Hakyeon spoke up, hand coming to pet down the wayward tufts of brown hair.

“How did you sleep?”, he asked, keeping his eyes carefully away from Taekwoon’s and rather pretending his concentration was fixed on his hand, fingers weaving through the other’s hair to get it flat.

He could see Taekwoon watching him closely out the corner of his eye, the younger gazing at him attentively over his coffee.

“Good.”, the soft voice replied, a slight smile on the younger’s lips.

Hakyeon felt himself sigh. The other’s voice was so soft and sweet, his little smiles so heartwarming and cute…more than anything he wanted to look the other in the eye, watch the pretty eyes with their almost golden shine and lean in and kiss the puffy, sleepy lips.

Hakyeon restrained himself, as usual, and he wondered if he could stop doing that now, since he knew Taekwoon felt something…maybe only after they had the proper conversation could he then. He always felt this strong desire to be close to Taekwoon, to touch him, to feel him close. He wondered if Taekwoon also felt this way.

“And you?”, Taekwoon’s voice came again and Hakyeon stopped petting down the other’s hair and sat back, before he really kissed the other.

Hakyeon gave a small smile, not quite reaching his eyes. “Alright, thank you.”

“Hakyeon, I-“ , Taekwoon began, but Hakyeon held a hand up.

“Not now, we both have class in an hour and I want to talk properly. We can meet after all our classes today. At the hill, where we usually sit.” Hakyeon could feel the other’s eyes on him, but he pointedly avoided the stare, standing and taking the empty cups back to the kitchen.

“I’m going to finish up.”, he said before disappearing into the bathroom, shutting the door after.

 

When Hakyeon stepped out of the bathroom, Taekwoon was gone. Hakyeon pressed his lips into a thin line, but he had promised himself in the shower not ten minutes ago that he would not comment or make assumption on Taekwoon’s actions anymore. Not until Taekwoon himself had figured out what he felt and they had talked it out. He hadn’t understood Taekwoon’s actions before so what would it help to assume things like he did before…it was easier just to let Taekwoon explain himself.

Hakyeon was startled yet it was with pleasant surprise that he gasped when he tuned from his doorway in the hall after he had locked the door and found Taekwooon waiting there for him, hands folded, face patient, still with the little sweet smile on his lips.

“Oh, Taekwoon.” Hakyeon stood awkwardly, fumbling with the keys. 

“I figured I should start making it up to you.”, the younger said extending his arm towards Hakyeon. “We always walked together to class.”

Hakyeon was stunned silent, almost careful as he stepped forward and next to Taekwoon, the younger waiting patiently for him, gazing down at him as Hakyeon started the slow rhythmic walk to their class. Hakyeon felt hyper-aware of everything. He was undoubtedly glad that Taekwoon wanted to do this…wanted them to go back to normal…but he just couldn’t get the awful, lingering thought of just how long this would last out of his head.

They were about halfway when Taekwoon suddenly stopped their walk, Hakyeon halting as well, surprised. Taekwoon turned to him and held out his arm. Hakyeon only tilted his head in question and Taekwoon took the older’s arm linking it with his.

“Here.”, he spoke. “This is how you always forced us to walk.”, he grinned, watching the smile grow on Hakyeon’s face as well. It was relieving seeing Hakyeon smile now, it was as if he had been so hesitant to be himself. Taekwoon felt another pang to his heart. It was because of me, he thought to himself…I caused him to doubt himself, to hesitate in doing and saying what he normally would. Taekwoon felt another surge of new found determination. He would fix this. He would fix his mistake. “Let’s go.”, he smiled, pulling Hakyeon along and watching as the other stepped into his stride, shoulder’s brushing with their closeness and Taekwoon smiled internally when he felt Hakyeon grasp his arm tighter and snuggling against him, guarding himself from the cold as he used to always do.

 

Hakyeon was the first to get to the hill. If he remembered correctly Taekwoon still had one class in the afternoon before he was finished for the day as well.

“Maybe it’s good that I’m here first. I’ll clear my head before he gets here.”

Hakyeon lay back against the grass, staring up into the sky. He breathed out an airful before closing his eyes. “I just hope you feel the same Taek.”

 

“Hakyeon.”

“Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon’s eyes fluttered open, his mind groggy but just able to make out Taekwoon’s face above him.

“Hey, Taek, sorry I fell asleep.”

“It’s alright”, Taekwoon sat down next to the other, close enough that their shoulder’s brushed once again. “I’m sorry I hope you didn’t wait long.”

“No, no I finished about an hour back. I just planned to lie down a little but I guess I fell asleep.” Hakyeon smiled sheepishly.

They both sat in silence for a while, fingers fidgeting both obviously hesitant to begin.

Hakyeon was the first to speak up. “Sooo…”

Taekwon gave a short laugh, his head dipping down onto his chest to hide his face.

“I want to apologize.”, Taekwoon finally spoke, voice serious now and Hakyeon hated that he was unable to see Taekwoon’s eyes, to know what he was feeling.

“Over and over again, I’ll say sorry, but I know words can’t always make things right. I said I’ll make it up to you earlier and I mean it Hakyeon.” Here Taekwoon lifted his head, eyes boring into Hakyeon’s. The older was grateful though. Now he could see the determination burning in the golden shine.

“I can’t express how much I regret everything I’ve done. Even with the way I felt…instead of just talking to you, instead of telling you how I felt about everything I just shoved you away. We’re best friends…you’re the person I was supposed to confide in of all people, but somehow that had become difficult. It was easier to just push everything I felt back, to ignore it, but in the process of doing that I ignored you.”

Taekwoon breathed out heavily. Hakyeon knew the words, the amount he was speaking was taking a toll on him. It was never easy for him to talk and to talk this much was just something that never happened.

“I’m so sorry Hakyeon.” Taekwoon spoke again eyes shifting onto Hakyeon’s again.

Hakyeon found himself reaching out, and this time he didn’t force his instinct away, and taking Taekwoon’s hand in his own. He wasn’t looking at the other now, but he could still see Taekwoon’s eyes fixed on him.

He saw Taekwoon give a small, sad smile. “I noticed how hesitant you were today. You were careful whenever you touched me or spoke, like you weren’t sure you could be yourself. I don’t want you to feel that way.”, and here Taekwoon gave a squeeze to their joined hands, “I’m sorry I ever made you feel that way. I love you the way you are Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon looked up at Taekwoon sharply at his words. His eyes were searching the others, making sure, but there was no doubt evident in Taekwoon’s eyes, no trace uncertain words Hakyeon could find. He was staring, overly aware of the thumb gliding soothingly over his hand, and Taekwoon was staring back. For once Taekwoon didn’t break the eye contact and Hakyeon was so grateful to have the other look at him like this. Hakyeon’s eyes softened and instead of searching, he relaxed himself, pushed the final resistance of his instinct away and let his hands come to cradle Taekwoon’s face, a warm smile appearing on his lips. “I’m glad.” Hakyeon spoke. “And I love the old Taekwoon just as he is as well.”

Taekwoon’s eyes drifted away, darting down but Hakyeon forced his face up to his, ensuring that he brought his gaze back to Hakyeon’s as well. “Don’t run away from me anymore Taekwoon. I’ve always been here and I will be in the future as well. We don’t know what’s going to happen in two, three years’ time, but for now, here, I’m not going anywhere. We’ll figure our future out together, because I don’t want you to not be in my life either. Tell me if something’s wrong. You can trust me, you know that.”

Taekwoon had closed his eyes again, the eye contact while Hakyeon was talking too much for him, but Hakyeon waited, he knew to be patient with the other. But instead of a verbal response, Hakyeon found tears falling down the high cheeks, from behind the closed lashes. Hakyeon was startled for the first split second before he reacted, wrapping his arms around the other and pulling him to his chest, hugging the warm body close to his.

“oh, Taekwoon”, Hakyeon spoke into the other’s hair, hands running over the younger’s back, soothing the other as Taekwoon cried, sobbed into Hakyeon’s neck.

Hakyeon couldn’t explain the happiness that flooded him while holding Taekwoon this close. Even if the other was crying, was sad at this moment, Hakyeon knew things would be okay from now on, things would go back to normal.

“Why-why are you comforting me?”, Taekwoon spoke through his tears, his voice thick and cracking as another sob tore through his chest and he clutched tighter onto the material of Hakyeon’s jacket. “Again I was the one to hurt you, but I’m crying and you’re comforting me, just like last night, it’s not right Hakyeon!”, Taekwoon cried out, hands at Hakyeon’s back.

“Taekwoonie, it doesn’t matter, stop thinking like that. It comforts me to comfort you. I think through all this time you’ve needed me more than you’ve noticed because you kept pushing it back. Burying all your feelings won’t make them go away, Woon-ah”

Taekwoon was suddenly crying harder than before, sobbing loudly at the words, at the truth. He had missed and needed the other so much.

“I’ve missed you so much Hakyeon.”, Taekwoon cried out over and over again, tears falling down his cheeks and drenching Hakyeon shirt and neck.

“I know, Woon-ah, me too, I’ve missed you too. I’m here now.”

Hakyeon was holding the other so tightly, their bodies almost moulded together, Hakyeon kneeling next to Taekwoon as the younger was practically draped over him. He was smiling happily through his own tears. Taekwoon was finally opening up to him, was finally letting his feelings out. He couldn’t have been happier.

“I’m here, I’m here.”, he chanted over and over into Taekwoon’s hair, hands soothing the other through each wrecking sob. “I’m here.”

 

 

Taekwoon had calmed down later on, the sobs turning into the occasional sniff and eventually even breathing. Hakyeon pulled back later, hands back on Taekwoon’s face, thumb rubbing any leftover tears away. “Do you feel better?”,, Hakyeon asked softly, fingers caressing the youngers skin.

“Yes.”, he replied, his own hands wrapping over Hakyeon’s and bringing them between their laps. 

“Taekwoon, you said you wanted to figure out what you felt.”, Hakyeon began, voice a bit careful as he watched the other. Even if Taekwoon had cried and let out all his pent up feelings it had only re-established their friendship and bond…it hadn’t made them something more and both knew there were feelings brewing underneath all that. And Taekwoon knew exactly how Hakyeon felt, now was the time to find out about the other.

“I know, it’s just…I don’t know how to know what I’m feeling you know?”

Hakyeon laughed and readjusted himself so he sat cross legged in front of the other, waiting for Taekwoon to do the same and continued when their knees brushed, hands still joined between them.

“I don’t know. For me I immediately know what I’m feeling. And after a while of thinking and sorting my emotions out I know why too. It’s easy for me and I know it isn’t like that for you. I can help you though.”

Taekwoon nodded. “Alright. Well. How do you feel when you’re around me?”Hakyeon began. Taekwoon frowned sitting in silence. He was thinking and Hakyeon didn’t want him to overthink…he simply wanted him to voice what he was thinking.

“Or rather how did you feel when I avoided you?” Taekwoon looked up now, eyes already clearer.

“Scared. I don’t want that to happen again. I was so afraid that I’d lost you and you were finally fed up with me, I don’t want to part from you Hakyeon, I always want you with me.”

“Hmm.” Hakyeon was thinking, distracted, and Taekwoon tugged on his hands, bringing his attention back to him.

“I don’t know how to turn what we have into-into a relationship.”, Taekwoon frowned, eyes darting away and a slight blush present on his cheeks.

Hakyeon chuckled. “But do you feel relationship-y feelings for me?”

Taekwoon frowned again, struggling once more to express himself. “I-I…”

“Are you attracted to me?”, Hakyeon asked next, eyebrows raised and a daring smile on his lips.

Taekwoon blushed deeply and Hakyeon laughed, head falling back. Hakyeon stopped laughing when the other didn’t answer. He leaned forward, close to Taekwoon and watched as the other audibly swallowed. His lips were at Taekwoon’s ear, just brushing over the skin as he spoke. “Are you Taekwoonie?”

It took another while, with Hakyeon stubbornly refusing to move from where he hovered over the other, before Taekwoon finally softly, embarrassingly murmured, “yes”

“Good.” Hakyeon spoke when he was sitting back again, watching Taekwoon with amusement. “I’m attracted to you too.”

“How does it feel when I’m close to you?”, he asked next.

Taekwoon’s answer came quicker this time around. “I like it. I’ve missed it.”

Hakyeon hummed and intertwined their fingers, holding it between them so Taekwoon could see. “And how do you feel when we’re holding hands?”

Taekwoon swallowed again, shifting around on the grass. “It’s nice.”, he spoke, his voice softer again, embarrassed.

Hakyeon was steadily leaning closer again, eyes blazing as he kept Taekwoon’s gaze. Hakyeon could pointedly notice how Taekwoon eyes kept darting between his eyes and lips the closer he came.

“And how do you feel when I do this?”, Hakyeon whispered, their lips practically brushing now as he spoke before he closed the little space between them and kissed the soft, plump lips.

Their eyes had slipped closed and Hakyeon temporarily forgot the amused smile he had and the little experiment they were having because the feeling of Taekwoon’s lips ran over it all, it consumed every thought and feeling and Hakyeon knew how dearly he loved the other now that he had finally, finally kissed him. It was only a press of lips, only slightly moving together before both were breathless already and they pulled back. They were panting over the other’s lips, foreheads resting together, hands intertwined tightly.

“How did it feel?”, Hakyeon whispered, hot breath puffing over Taekwoon’s lips. Taekwoon could make out the pretty eyelashes fluttering before his, the warm lips so close to him, Hakyeon’s body and heat against him. Taekwoon felt overwhelmed. “It was, I…again.”, Taekwoon spoke, commanded and he saw Hakyeon smile brightly, shifting that bit closer until he was sitting in the youngers lap and they were kissing again, heatedly, passionately.

 

They were panting, lips kiss-swollen and red-bitten. Out of breath, they breathed onto each other, hands still clutching the other close by the material of their clothes. Hakyeon was still perched on Taekwoon’s lap, the younger’s hands on his hips holding him there.

“Well I think we figured out how you feel.”, Hakyeon said eventually, a big grin on his lips. Taekwoon was smiling as well before he let his head fall onto Hakyeon shoulder, placing a kiss on the skin there. “Yes”.

“Are we dating then?”, Hakyeon asked and Taekwoon revelled in seeing Hakyeon back to his bubbly self, all smiles and laughs. It had been breaking his heart to see Hakyeon fade away and Taekwoon would make sure that never happened again.

“I guess.”

“Well, the label doesn’t matter. You want this right?”

“I do, I want to be with you.”

Hakyeon grinned happily and quickly pecked the other’s lips. “I want this too and I love you and that’s all that matters.”

Taekwoon blushed again but made sure to not look away this time, rather keeping his gaze locked and smiling. Hakyeon smiled back, as if reading everything that Taekwoon’s smile had meant, and reflecting it back to Taekwoon through his eyes, the deep brown shimmering with love, adoration, care, trust and hope.

“Although you still need to make it up to me.”, Hakyeon quirked.

“Anything specific?”

“Hmm.”, Hakyeon pretended to think, putting his finger to his chin. “unlimited skinship and I get to kiss you at least five times a day, no matter where we are and when; and no protests!”, he said, giving a stern look at Taekwoon.

Taekwoon smiled fondly, hands coming to rest at Hakyeon’s cheeks. “Of course.”, he spoke softly.

“Yay!”, Hakyeon cried, tackling the younger to the ground with a hug, both their happy laughter resounding through the air.