challenge

Haunted?

Haunted?

 

It was just a normal Monday morning. Waking up to the alarm clock, a quick shower, getting dressed, breakfast, and then...school. I grabbed my bag after I put on my shoes and left the house. It was a normal autumn day; the leaves changing colors, it’s a bit cooler, more wind. Though I don’t mind. I like autumn, beautiful time for photos.

As I’m lost in my own thoughts, I run into someone. I look up and saw it was JB, aka Im Jae-bum. “Oh annyeong oppa” I smile and look up at him. He and I know each other since kindergarden and are friends ever since. “Annyeong Ye Na” he matched my smile. “You seem distracted today, is something on your mind? Besides me, of course~”

I gasped, mockingly surprised at that comment. “Only in your dreams oppa.” My hands pushed him, just enough to have him stumble a step… Though he of course over exaggerated, turning back with his hand over his heart and an obviously fake expression of pain on his face.

“Kim Ye Na, how could you be so mean to me? After all of the years I’ve been nice to you? What did I do to deserve this?” He walked back to me and held his hands on my shoulders, his face close and trying to look hurt.

My eyes rolled and I poked his forehead, continuing to walk ahead. “You’re starting to sound like Jackson~” Inside, I had a strange feeling in my stomach that I couldn’t explain., I wonder if I ate something funny for breakfast… Feels like something is fluttering around in there…Aish. I only noticed it though after he had gotten so close, I wonder why… Oh well. “You can keep acting like a sad puppy all morning, but I’m going to school.” I called over my shoulder, smiling a bit. He stopped acting and jogged over, catching up to me and putting his arm around my shoulders.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily Kitten~” He flashed one of his signature grins, causing me to roll my eyes again.

“I know I’m not. And I’m not a kitten.” I pouted playfully as we continued walking down the sidewalk, watching the brightly colored leaves rustling and falling off of the trees once in a while.

“Yah, stop pouting, people will think I’m kidnapping you” He poked my cheek and I sigh.

“Yah first of all... We’re walking this path every day to school. Second..If you are kidnapping me, I won’t just pout, you pabo.” I look up at him and stuck my tongue out.

“Oh look at the new couple walking casually on the street~” Jackson broke us apart and put his arms around our shoulders, walking between us now.

“New couple? Yah! Jackson Wang!” I flicked the side of his head. “Why am i even friends with you...” I shook my head and sighed.

“Hurtful..but I love you too Nana.” he smiled and messed up my hair. I seriously start wondering why he’s a friend.

“Yah! Jackson Wang! It hasn’t even been 5 minutes and i’ve already called you by your full name twice. You know the limit is 5 right... so be careful” I squint my eyes and point at him. He nodded like a little kid.

The way there was just as usual; joking around, meeting up with the rest of the group; Mark, Youngjae, Jr, Bambam and Yugyeom. Jr and Bambam are just nicknames. Bambam, well..his real name is quite difficult, so Jae Bum came up with Bambam. Jr’s full name is Jin young, but everyone calls him Jr. I got to know them through the years.. my nickname.. Mostly Nana. JB likes to try a lot of nicknames. And Yugyeom and Bambam call me noona, since I’m older than them.

We arrived at school about 5 minutes early, so we sat down on the stairs, and contiued to talk, when Mark came up with that new horror movie that’s still in the theater.

“Oh have you guys seen the new movie Horror Stories?” Mark asked, and JB, Jackson and Youngjae nodded. While I, Bambam, Jr and Yugyeom shook our heads.

“It’s probably not that scary..” I say. I’ve never really been afraid of those sort of things. It just looks so..fake.

“Ani! This one was pretty scary. It was filmed here, on the other side of the town; that abandoned asylum. They say it’s really haunted and that’s why they shot it there. They said that the things you see in that movie, is real.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “And you guys actually believe that?”

“Yah! Just wait you. One day you’ll be scared.” Mark smiled and it looked like he was planning something, but I just shook it off.

“Oh yeah, s-” I got cut off by the bell, so we all had to leave.. “See you guys during lunch time.” I smile and went the opposite direction; I was in a different class…

 

Three…Two…One…Now! I counted down the time, watching the second hand tick towards the hour, and the bell ringing just on time. “Oh finally..” It had been a day full of boring lectures and assignments so far, and I already wanted to fall asleep. My papers were full of random doodles in the margins, depicting anything that popped out of my head. One of my favorites was of a puppy, with clothes and a hairstyle matching of JB; stemming from the conversation this morning. I’m not a kitten. Grr. With that fun thought, I quickly packed up my things and made my way out of the room, going to get food and meet up with the others.

After getting to sit down with my food, I looked up as the guys joined up with me. “Hey~” My hand raised in a small wave as I scooted over to make more room for them. This was our normal spot to sit, so no one really joined anyways. Everyone sat down and started eating, talking about our individually boring days. Eventually the conversation switched back to a familiar topic we had this morning before classes had started.

“So, about that movie. And Nana not being afraid of anything.” Mark grinned, obviously happy to bring up the conversation again. Yugyeom and Jr. had their mouths stuffed with food as they looked up; Jackson’s eyes gleamed with interest at the sudden topic; everyone else seemed half interested for now. “My question is, do you believe in that sort of thing happening?”

I shook my head, taking a sip of my drink before answering. “Ani, I don’t. It seems pretty childish to me.” My shoulders shrugged, pretty indifferent on the idea. “All just studio effects that always end up extremely cheesy and weird to watch.”

That seemed to catch more of the boys’ attention, curious. “You really don’t believe in that at all? No ghosts walking through walls, screams of the tortured echoing out of nowhere in a building abandoned long ago? Really?” Jr. looked sceptical as I shook my head again. Yugyeom looked a little sick just talking about all this. Poor kid.

“Nana, I doubt you would even last through one night in that asylum. You’d probably be out of there before the clock struck twelve.” Jackson smirked a bit, his tone challenging. A couple of the guys’ eyes widened, and Mark seemed to have a calculating gaze. Not that I noticed anyways. I had food, and that was deemed more interesting in my mind right now.

“Hmm? Oh, I could do it. You superstitious guys on the other hand…” I shrugged again and continued with my food, taking another bite. I didn’t pay any attention to the silent telepathic conversations being passed between a few of the more mischievous males until they got suspiciously quiet. “What? Ghost got your tongue already?”

“You wish. That’s it, we propose you spend the night in the asylum and see how long you stay by your belief that nothing scary will happen. We’ll be there too, because we’re not going to miss the opportunity to see this~” JB smirked with that signature expression of his again, gaining some nods of agreement from the others; though a couple of the youngest didn’t look too pleased with this, just staying silent and trying to pay attention to their food.

I thought it over for a minute, trying to think of the pros and cons of this. Well…It means I get to prove the guys wrong… But I’ll probably lose sleep from someone freaking out over a shadow or something… Ah, whatever. “Arasseo, I can go. I already finished any upcoming homework anyways. Too bored in class.” They smiled and looked pretty happy with themselves, my eyes narrowing at the smug expressions on some of their faces. what did you just get yourself in to?