A kiss

FALLING IN LOVE

“NIGHT SKY” 5:00 a.m.

 

Finally some of the last guests were leaving the club and the only ones that were still inside were Taeyeon and her friends. Everyone was drunk, some of them just a bit, others much more but that didn’t matter because they had an incredible night.

“Tae, you’re really drunk so you shouldn’t drive the car, okay? Just take a taxi.” Hyoyeon said.

“Okaay Hyoo, don’t worry.” Tae replied with a drunken voice.

“And you too Soo. Sunny, Tiffany, please just make sure they won’t drive because I don’t want you to get into an accident.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yeah, don’t worry Hyoyeon. And thanks for the awesome night, we had a lot of fun.” Tiffany smiled.

“We’ll get going now.” Sunny said and Hyoyeon helped them with Sooyoung and Taeyeon to get outside and get on the taxi.

When Hyoyeon returned back she saw Jessica staying near the bar looking at her.

“Come on let’s go.” Hyoyeon said.

“What? Where?” Jessica asked surprised.

“I’ll give you a ride to your home. Come on.” Hyoyeon replied.

“But I don’t want to bother you.” Jessica responded.

“You’re not bothering me. Let’s go.” Hyoyeon smiled and started walking but she didn’t see Jessica walking next to her. She stopped and looked back. Jessica was still staying at the same place not making a move. Hyoyeon walked towards her and looked at her face, but Jessica was looking down, trying not to meet her eyes. Hyoyeon lifted her chin so she can look at her.

“What’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Even if you say I’m not bothering you, I still think I’m a burden. I mean…you helped me couple of times and you were here when I almost lost my life twice. And you keep on taking care of me like now, wanting to give me a ride.” Jessica felt quite uncomfortable saying all these things.

“Look, I’m a kind and a helpful person and when someone needs me I’m always there no matter if it’s a stranger, a friend or somebody from my family. You’re not a burden to me but if you want to say that I’m the one who’s bothering you, I’m sorry, I just wanted to help you.” Hyoyeon replied and looked away.

“No...I’m not saying you’re bothering me. I’m so thankful to you. You saved my life twice, how can you think that you might be bothering me? That’s not right.” Jessica responded.

“Then you should also know that you’re not a burden and I already feel like you’re a friend so when you need help I’ll be there for you, okay?” Hyoyeon asked and Jessica nodded a bit blushing.

“Now let’s go.” Hyoyeon said and smiled.

“What about your sister?” Jessica suddenly asked.

“Oh yes. Wait a second.” Hyoyeon replied and walked towards Hyuna who was already asleep on one couch.

“Minnie…Minnie…wake up.” Hyoyeon shook lightly her sister’s hand so she can wake her up but she was soundly asleep and didn’t react. Hyoyeon picked her up and told Jessica to open the door. They excited the club and got into the car. Hyoyeon was driving and Jessica was sitting next to her while Hyuna was sleeping on the backseat. It was a silent drive since they didn’t want to wake up the sleeping girl. Not long after that they arrived in front of Jessica’s house. They both got out of the car and walked closer to the door entrance.

“It was a fun night, right?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Yeah, I had a lot of fun. Tae should be happy to have a best friend like you.” Jessica smiled.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Hyoyeon laughed making Jessica laugh too.

“Well, I think I should go now, I’m tired.” Jessica said.

“Of course, I’m also tired. Have a good rest. Goodnight.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Okay, bye.” Jessica said.

“Bye, see you.” Hyoyeon replied and got into the car.

Jessica waited until Hyoyeon drove away and walked into her house.

 

3:00 p.m. at Hyoyeon’s house

 

Hyoyeon woke up and rubbed her eyes slowly trying to get fully awake. She rolled couple of times on the bed from one side to the other and finally decided to get up. She walked towards the bathroom and took a shower, dressed up in some casual clothes and went down for a breakfast. Suddenly her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Is that Ms. Kim Hyoyeon?” the person on the other line asked.

“Yes, that’s me. Who’s calling?” Hyoyeon asked back.

“Well, I’m Park Tae Hoon, a photographer from magazine “Best Club” and we chose your club as the best of this year and we want to interview you and take some photos so we can make an article about that and put it in our magazine.” The man said.

“Really? That’s a great honor.” Hyoyeon was surprised of what she just heard.

“If it’s not a problem for you, it’ll be good if we can meet today.” Tae Hoon replied.

“Yes, of course. I’ll be there in 2 hours, is that okay with you?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Perfect. Then see you in a while. Bye.” The man responded.

“Bye!” Hyoyeon hung up the phone and a smile plastered on her face. She was really happy about the news and was already in front of her car, feeling excited she even forgot to eat something. Not long after that she parked her car and walked in the club.

“Hey guys! Can you please come here for a minute?” Hyoyeon said to all the waiters, waitresses, her friend Min who was the DJ and some other stuff members.

“So, I have some really good news. Our club is chosen as the best of this year and magazine “Best Club” will write an article about us and put us on the cover of the magazine.” Hyoyeon said excited.

“Woohoo.” Everyone cheered happily.

“So I want you to make sure everything is perfect, we have just 2 hours until the photographer comes.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yes!” Everyone replied.

“And who’s the best club?” Hyoyeon asked and chuckled.

“NIGHT SKY”!” Everybody answered and laughed.

“Okay guys, now get back to work so there won’t be any mistakes.” Hyoyeon smiled and everyone continued doing their work. She was so excited that she decided to call her sister. Hyuna was still sleeping soundly but the ringing sound woke her up. Seeing that it was her sister she immediately picked up the phone, but still in a sleepy voice.

“Cookie, why are you calling me?”

“Minnie, guess what happened?” Hyoyeon asked.

“What Cookie?” Hyuna replied clueless.

“NIGHT SKY” is chosen as the best club of the year and magazine “Best Club” will write an article about us and we’ll be even on the cover.” Hyoyeon responded.

“Really? Congrats Cookie. You worked so hard, you deserve it.” Hyuna said.

“Thanks Minnie.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“I love you my hardworking Cookie.” Hyuna chuckled.

“I love you too my lazy Minnie.” Hyoyeon laughed.

“I’ll go to eat something because I’m hungry. I may come later to see you at the club. Bye Cookie!” Hyuna replied.

“Okay, Minnie. Bye!” Hyoyeon hung up.

Half an hour passed and everyone was still busy getting the club in the perfect condition. Hyoyeon was also checking all the things that the others were doing, talking on the phone and signing some papers at the same time. When she finished her conversation on the phone she saw Min who was sitting next to her.

“Go outside for a bit, you need some fresh air.” Min said.

“But I still have some things to check.” Hyoyeon replied still looking down at the paper.

“I’ll do it for you, just go out. Even if you slept, you’re still tired, it was a long night.” Min smiled.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Hyoyeon looked at her friend.

“Of course Hyo, it’s not like I’ve never done it before. You should be outside already.” Min responded.

“Okay, okay.” Hyoyeon laughed and went towards the entrance.

When she walked outside she stood for a second and just took a deep breath. The girl decided to take a quick walk and come back in awhile. Walking down the street and looking around, she slowed down her steps until she stopped. There was a reason why she did that and that was no other than Jessica…Hyoyeon saw Jessica sitting lonely inside one of the cafes nearby. “Should I go inside and say “hi”? Uh no, no, no she might think it’s annoying…Oh whatever, I’ll just go.” Hyoyeon said to herself. She took a deep breath one more time and walked towards the café. She was quite nervous but still she went over to Jessica’s table.

“Uh...Hey Jessica!” Hyoyeon said quietly.

“Oh Hey Hyoyeon! Have a seat.” Jessica was surprised of who she just saw.

“No, I just saw you when I was walking on the street and just came to say hi, I’ll go now.” Hyoyeon replied.

“Oh come on, I’m lonely. I was waiting for Tiffany but she said she just called me saying she had some work to do and she won’t be able to come. I was almost going to get going but you came and since you’re here we can drink some coffee.” Jessica smiled.

“Okay, but I won’t stay long because I have some work in an hour. My club was chosen as the best club of the year and a photographer will come to take some photos and make an interview.” Hyoyeon said while taking a seat.

“That’s great, congratulations.” Jessica smiled widely.

“Thanks.” Hyoyeon smiled too.

They ordered some coffee and talked about different things – work, family, life. Hyoyeon told some funny jokes and Jessica seemed happy spending her time with the blonde girl. She was nervous at the beginning but after awhile she was already feeling free to talk and have fun. While taking a sip of her coffee and listening to what Jessica was saying Hyoyeon saw someone familiar outside the café looking at her. Suzy…It was Suzy who Hyoyeon saw and she was still starring at her. The blonde girl was confused of what to do because she was just already tired of Suzy who was like a stalker, always being her shadow following her everywhere desperate to have her back. Hyoyeon didn’t think much as she leaned closer to Jessica and kissed her. Yes, kissed her making Jessica surprised with what happened and at the same time she was happy because Hyoyeon kissed her. The blonde girl pulled away and saw Jessica blushing.

“I’m sorry...it’s just that Suzy was outside and I didn’t want her to stalk me anymore and try to have me back… I kissed you without thinking for a second.” Hyoyeon was really embarrassed and looked away.

“It’s o-okay.” Jessica stuttered still blushing.

“I’m such a fool. I’m really sorry…” Hyoyeon got up and was ready to leave feeling really embarrassed but Jessica held her wrist and stopped her.

“Don’t worry and don’t feel embarrassed. Sometimes we do things without thinking so it’s not a problem.” Jessica said.

“I think I should go now.” Hyoyeon replied and walked away leaving Jessica confused.