Night sky

FALLING IN LOVE

“NIGHT SKY” 11 p.m.

Everyone was having fun, drinking and dancing. Crazy, wild night full of life was spent in the club. Tae was talking with some of the guests, Tiffany and Jessica. Sunny and Sooyoung were dancing happily and Hyuna was flirting with one guy. And there was Hyoyeon who was standing alone near the bar. She was quite nervous and confused tonight and she wasn’t sure why she felt like that. The girl was looking at one point not even seeing the hand that was being waved in front of her face. Then someone tapped her on the shoulder which made her snap out of her thoughts.

“Hyo, what are you thinking about so much?” the girl asked her.

“Oh, nothing serious Min.” Hyo replied quietly.

“Oh come on, I know you better than anyone here. Tell me.” Min said.

“There’s really nothing Min. I’m just a bit confused that’s all.” Hyoyeon responded and turned her head to the left.

“Why are you confused? Do you wanna talk?” Min asked.

“No. It’s okay. I’ll just go outside, I’ll be back in a bit.” Hyoyeon replied and walked away.

Hyoyeon excited the club and started walking towards the beach which was just in front of her. She made a few steps, stopped and put her right hand on the place where her heart was and she could feel how fast her heart was beating. It was strange for her…it was the first time she was feeling like that…actually she even didn’t know what she was feeling but she knew it was something different, something she has never experienced. Love? “No, no, no…” she shook her head because she wasn’t sure at what she just said. The girl started walking again and she finally could feel the sand under her feet. She took off her shoes and walked closer to the water. Hyoyeon took another step and dip her feet in the water. She immediately felt calm. The beach was the only place that made her always calm and she felt happy to be here. When she had problems, when she was crying, being mad or angry, nervous or confused she always came here. Hyoyeon walked a few steps back and sat down on the beach. She put her hand in her pocket to search for a pack of cigarettes. The girl pulled one and lit it. Slowly smoking the cigarette she was watching the moon, when suddenly someone appeared from behind.

“Hey! Is it okay if I sit here for a bit?” Jessica asked and that was when Hyoyeon finally looked up to see who came.

“Yeah, of course.” Hyoyeon replied and looked again at the moon.

“I didn’t know you smoke.” Jessica said after a minute of awkward silence.

“Oh yeah, it makes me calm and when I’m busy I feel like I should smoke. It’s not a problem for you that I’m smoking right now, is it?” Hyoyeon asked.

“No. You can smoke as much as you want, but it’s also bad for your health.” Jessica responded.

“Yeah I know. So what are you doing here? Why don’t you go to party?” Hyoyeon asked.

“I just wanted to get some fresh air. What about you?” Jessica looked on her left.

“Same, just wanted to escape that loud place for awhile and stay here silently. “ Hyoyeon smiled.

“It seems you like coming here.” Jessica said.

“Yeah, I love the beach, it gives me some special calmness and I feel somehow safe.” Hyoyeon looked up at the moon again.

“Especially when it’s night like this one, it feels even better.” Jessica smiled looking also at the moon.

Hyoyeon looked over at Jessica and saw her shaking. She immediately took off her jacket and put in on Jessica’s back making sure she won’t be cold anymore.

“No, it’s okay. I’m not cold.” Jessica said pulling Hyoyeon’s jacket away.

“Who are you trying to fool? It’s obvious that you’re shaking.” Hyoyeon replied back and put back the jacket on Jessica’s back.

“But you’ll be cold. You should wear it instead.” Jessica still refused to wear the jacket.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m fine. Just wear it.” Hyoyeon said and helped Jessica wear the jacket.

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled shyly and blushed which made Hyoyeon smile too.

“Do you want to go back now?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Yes, we should go back, the others might be searching for us.” Jessica responded and Hyoyeon helped her to stand up.

They were walking towards the club when someone suddenly appeared in front of them. It was Suzy, Hyoyeon’s ex girlfriend. She jumped on top of Hyoyeon and tried to hug her.

“What are you doing, ? Get off from me now.” Hyoyeon shouted and pushed Suzy away.

“Hyoyeon, we should talk. You should listen to me.” Suzy said.

“Why should I listen to you? What do you want me to hear? Lies? Again? No, I don’t want to.” Hyoyeon replied angrily.

“I know I made a mistake, but I want you to give me one more chance. I love you.” Suzy fell on her knees crying.

“I won’t give you any more chances. You don’t deserve it, so now go away. I don’t want to see you again.” Hyoyeon said one more time and walked away with Jessica after her who was surprised from what she saw just a minute ago. She suddenly stopped and that made Hyoyeon stop too because she didn’t hear Jessica’s steps anymore. She turned around to look at Jessica.

“I’m sorry for what you just saw. That’s my ex-girlfriend, Suzy, who cheated on me and now she’s trying to get me back but that won’t happen.” Hyoyeon explained everything to Jessica.

“Oh. What she did is really bad.” Jessica said.

“Yeah. But I moved on and I don’t love her anymore and I want her to stay away from me.” Hyoyeon replied and Jessica nodded.

“Let’s go inside now.” Hyoyeon held Jessica’s hand and smiled while opening the door.