Escape: Choices: Chapter 5

Escape

Recommendation: For this chapter I recommend listening to some creepy songs or something….maybe orchestra….maybe screamo music….what ever floats your boat….WAIT!! maybe you can listen to some sad songs while your at it! yea! 

 

 

Mayu

I shouldn’t have let my guard down like that to her, it made me so vulnerable, her idiocy is probably contagious or something, I’m such a fool. I hate this place.

I slowly began to slow down my walking pace as I remembered Yuki’s angered expression, the expression that buzzed through my mind non-stop, it kept hitting me again and again, not letting me forget the tall girl. I softly narrowed my eyes as I mumbled a few curse words at the cold, dirt covered floor, while kicking my leg across the ground causing a large dirt cloud to form in front me but soon disappearing from the gap. “she’s so weird, why won’t she leave me alone?! When will she understand that I don’t need anyone…” I whispered out small words as they only were for my ears to here. I tucked my hands into the deep pockets attached to my black jacket so heavily. My head tilted upwards to find a girl staring right down at me…how did I not pick up her presence before….maybe Yuki stupid syndrome devastated me by that much. I replied with a short smile and with small tilt of my head. The girls eyes slightly almost closed but they were stuck glaring at me. “Yes?”

I spoke out a word to this odd girl, but with attitude and sarcasm. My feelings were mutual for this unknown girl, I didn’t feel scared, nor happy, nor sad, just a simple nothing was about it. She looked up at the dark sky, painted in black as she smiled.  

"you know….you’ll die…….by the hand of the one that calls you friend, but….which one will it be?" She glanced back down at me with a frown jerked onto her face. I honestly kept up with the blank face very well….probably cause I don’t process feelings quickly as others do. 

I turned my body away as my facial expression became sour. 

"I don’t have friends. I don’t friends." 

I repeated my famous phrase as I closed my eyes refusing to face reality that surrounded me like oxygen. “But you’ll want them….” she echoed to me.

I snapped open my eyes, parting my soft pink lips to word out things but….nothing came out….I was…..wait….I was in a white room, covered in nothing but white, I couldn’t talk, even if I tried, my mouth was glued shut. No sound…No interaction with anyone…is this a test? My body was frozen and I could feel my face becoming heated up…what was I looking at…why? So many questions I had to ask, but who could I ask without a voice or no one in the room with me. A female suddenly appeared in front of me…she was wearing a white dress, that fluttered so delicately in front of me, my eyes widened drastically and quickly, her hair was so long and fair… she was spinning in circles as I intently watched with narrowed eyes…the room suddenly snapped to a black color, now nothing was seen, nothing I could pick up with my vision, so oblivious to what else was in the room….I have to be honest, i’m frightened of the dark. “Mayu is so stupid,” 

Dozens of boys and girls stood from seats that abruptly appeared from the unknown black color and began surrounding me with twisted smiles that were wicked in every way possible, they instantly began skipping around me, then after that they began mocking me with their smiles. “Mayu is so dumb, mayu is so bad, mayu is so horrible at everything she does, she doesn’t belong here, mayu is so insane.” They sang in a mocking tone as they synchronized with each other. I wasn’t mad, I coward down softly as I looked up at their faces that were…black. The room twitched into black again as nothing was heard for a 2nd time. 

 

"Mayu…is so lonely, Mayu moves slowly, Mayu is so poor, Mayu is nothing special…." 

Being taunted like this….it left me empty…all my securities were plucked out of my body…one by one…they left. My body shook under another tall presence, a tall presence I could easily identify, then quickly, another appeared behind the first….They were….my parents….my parents that were supposed to love me….the parents that were supposed to support me, the parents that were supposed to be my parents! 

I couldn’t take this anymore, My heart snapped in two and my head felt like it was smashed against concrete multiple times, I didn’t feel safe, I was trembling scared…..I was crying, the tears dripped onto the cold white floor as my parents smiled at my failures.

"Give up." My father echoed into the large room with his deep slightly raspy voice.

"give up." My mother whispered harshly as she stood straightly at the last word. 

"GIVE UP!" A light only shined on my parents and the crowd of boys and girls that were taunting me. I turned my head as the wet salty tears continued to come and come. Staining my face with the tears, my body felt numb, the uncomfortable rode over me, ruling me.

Yuki….Yuki was there…I didn’t care for her though…why was she here?

"I never liked you, I never will, I was lying, I didn’t mean it, your such a stupid girl for believing it.." Yuki muttered with a smile, her dark brown eyes pierced through my body as my body felt number than before, I was losing strength……I…..

I give up….

Yuki

 My body was left cold, I was trying to find my way back to Sae but my plan haven’t been working as much as I wanted it to. My body shook as my skin created goosebumps, I was only dressed in a white T-Shirt, it was plain. 

"Yukirin…" A small frail voice that creeped up into me, it was                   un-identifiable 

Yukirin? only my family calls me that, how could someone call me that if they don’t know it. I questioned myself as I raised my left eyebrow, in high alerts and confusion. I turned my head to face the front, left and right but I didn’t check behind me……yet, it was hard to after what had just happened 5 minutes ago. I hesitantly stood still as my eyebrows twitched with nervousness, my body trembled, my eyes were clenched shut, not even thinking about opening them. I softly let out a squeal as I turned my body ever so slowly to face what was behind me……I squinted my eyes open deliberately. My soft hands clenched the sides of my body as I hugged myself harshly….but to my surprise….this…”thing” wasn’t scary at all…it was a small glowing dot right in front of me…actually, multiple of them were causing a trail in front of me…if I follow this “trail” it could help me out, somewhat, but it could also lead me to my death. 

I blinked for a few moments releasing the grip from my body. The nervousness leaked out of my body quickly, but I was still a little suspicious. I stood in my spot, wondering if I should take my chances or not…it was hard but I finally realized…doing this…and following this trail is stupid and dumb, only a complete idiot would follow it………i’m gonna do it.

My right foot was the first to step forward as unhurriedly began walking cautiously as I balled up my small fists. Maybe I shouldn’t have followed this trail but I don’t care. I followed the trail hurrying more and more as kept glances behind my shoulder for something…but there wasn’t anything there….I was probably just paranoid….right? As slowed down my pace once more I blinked, slowly directing my face toward the floor, examining every little detail and rock, but something took me out of my daydreaming, a small whimper was heard a little ways away from me. I grew more concerned on where this trail was taking me…because the lights were heading towards the soft whimpering. I inhaled the cold air that swallowed me like chains, I tried to close my body off from the cold as I clenched onto my shoulders…walking slower than before as I was only inches away from this whimpering, I leaned over the corner to investigate what was there, my body shook at what I had witnessed…my  heart stopped at this scene…it was heart breaking…I saw

Mayu.

Mayu was crying and whimpering so softly and quietly that I couldn’t tell it was her at first. I leaned on the wall as I didn’t know anything else to do but just stare with surprised feelings. As she still continued, she probably didn’t know I was witnessing this. I crept from the corner to Mayu as I did so slowly. Her cold crystal tears changed the color of the cement sidewalk to a even darker grey as they stained there spots into it. “Mayu…” 

I whispered to her as I softly wrapped my arms around this girl….this girl I didn’t know so well….but something about her brought out my motherly instincts that were rarely used, I felt over protective around her. I pressed my body towards hers as I could feel her flinch under my hold on her. I rested my head onto hers as I tried my best to settle her down but she continued to cry into me as suddenly felt awkward about this situation….she didn’t attempt to push my away, or stab me, she sat in my grasp as she whined sorrowfully.

 

Miku

I stared into the darkness that was leaking from the woods as my small body grew cold from the bitterness of the air. I kept my eyes on the emptiness of the tree’s. When was Rena going to return…is she okay? I kept to myself as I didn’t dare bother with anything else that was sitting next to me or close to me. After a while had past by, I grew frightened of the darkness that was the only thing accompanying me a few minutes ago. “Rena…” I spoke out with intimidation concoct into my voice harshly. My eyes flickered repeatedly with a seemingly no end to it.  My body seemed to grow colder than it had been. Before I spoke out the name of the one I trusted, I heard rustling emitting from the behind trees and bushes.

"Rena?" I called out again, but no response was made.

I hugged myself in hopes it was Rena making jokes, but then again she didn’t seem like the type to do so. Something warm and heated was felt on my mouth but I didn’t react to it quick enough as the object or thing pulled me onto the floor, smashing my head and back onto the leaf covered ground. Just then when my head had hit the ground, I realized it was a hand…a rather small one at that. I didn’t have time to react, do to my confusion. 

"ssshhh.."

was all I could here from above, I didn’t know the person, I never saw her before. She looked around my age….Maybe younger. She glanced around like someone had been looking for her…or maybe me? She had long black hair, seemingly short, soft pale skin, those were the only things I could pick up at the moment. She glanced down at me with soft eyes, she parted her lips as she began to speak with a frail voice. 

"follow me." 

All I could do was agree to what she had demanded, I had to follow her, she helped me up onto my feet, and I was right, she was shorter than me….only by a inch or so. She took my arm into her grasp, i’m guessing she found me comforting in this kind of event? We walked in a quiet and capriciously as I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to talk to this unknown girl. She kept glancing over at me, but I just kept my eyes glued to the trail we were walking on. “I’m Nako… Yabuki Nako…don’t call me by my last name.” she looked down at the dirt filled trail as she kicked some rocks, I don’t get how she knew where we were walking anyway, It was pitch black. Even though she has given me her name,. I still didn’t feel comfortable with, I didn’t know anything about her. 

"I won this event 2 times..is that enough for you?" 

she suddenly said I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows, I immediately took my arm from her firm grasp and stopped walking as I instantly felt uncomfortable with her answer. “Are you reading my mind or something?” I asked with a frown as I glared at her.

She smiled softly at me as she shook her head. “No…your body language…it’s obvious your wondering about me.” She nodded as she stared at me, waiting for a response but I was utterly confused and uncomfortable. After a while I nodded keeping to myself. she still remained staring at me as she gripped the side of her arm. “Look, if you think I’m gonna kill you, I won’t, I promise.”

She stuck out her left pinky and straightened out her arm to me. 

This is probably wrong, and my parents are probably screaming at me through the tv, it’s like I’m making a deal with the devil. I shouldn’t but a lot of good this can come of this. I quickly locked my left pinky around her as she smiled at me deviously….my life is over.

Paru

I sat in a dust coated wooden chair as I inhaled the coldness of the air, the air filled my insides as I exhaled warm air. “Yui, shouldn’t we be worried about where Mayu is…?” I sat comfortably, but her absence was irritating me. Yui nodded quietly as she was resting on the cold hard floor with a couple of blankets under her. The two of us were still located in the abandoned warehouse. She outwardly sighed as she blinked a few times. “We have to find food, if we eat the food made by the company we would be poisoned…” Yui softly closed her eyes as she was close to a deep sleep. I paused as I stared at the ceiling with irritation. “we’ll go tomorrow, in the morning…” I whispered softly as I closed my eyes, and hugged my body for some warmth, slowly dozing off into a sleepy state. 

A loud bang was heard from the doorway, the only entrance made in this building. My eyes widened as I regained my consciousness, Yui followed along with me as we both stared at the wide heavy door way. The door was smashed to the side of wall as Mayu was standing quietly in the doorway as she softly walked to other made bed next to Yui. “Are you okay?” Yui asked cautiously. Mayu kept to herself and didn’t bother reply to her. Something must have happened….

I’ll ask tomorrow.