Escape: Protect me [Chapter 4]

Escape

Jurina

Having a idiot follow you around isn’t quite pleasant but I have to deal with it in this kind of event…she’s stubborn. I continued walking in the opposite direction the older girl that shared my name walked off to. I didn’t bother going after her, what’s the point? I kept my rough hands in my pocket as my eyes only found cement and dirt, that’s the only place I bothered to look at. It was loud…the street I was on, was loud, it’s annoying. In a sudden instant, time slowed and i felt a odd aura. “she’s gonna get killed.” The words quickly wrapped themselves around my throat like thread, and those words weren’t my own, it was a voice i have never heard before. I couldn’t spit a response as I stood quietly, my confusing was like venom, spreading through my body.

A small body appeared from behind me and was now standing in front of me, so quickly, my eyes were only glued to the cold ground as my hands were stuck to my sides, trying to keep my composer that was dying out.

"You should have really watched her correctly…"

The same voice from before echoed in my brain, regret.

regret was the only feeling now, I kept my eyes away from the others as I growled softly. “Jurina…your so stubborn.” I frowned as I looked upwards at the eyes of my enemy. “I’m not stubborn!” I shouted out, as those words were created, I realized at that point, I was standing before someone who was actually skilled, this person, however, doesn’t care for talking, but cares for killing. I stood in a haze as she glared at me with hatred filling her profusely. I paused…we both paused…stuck in our spots when suddenly we drew out our weapons we had found at the beginning. A sudden cling emitted from the spot our weapons had smashed into each other. “what do you want?” with determination, I growled outwardly. “hmm….death.” she whispered gradually as she then smirked after her last word. She had been in this game before…she won it 3 times…she was the famous Oshima Yuko. Pulling my weapon back as she had did the same with her own, I quickly ed the weapon forward but only for it to hit air, as she dodged frequently. I…was suddenly on the ground, with out knowing, I had been kicked to the ground, so defenseless. Yuko smirked down at me like I was a pest to her, a pest that needed to be disposed of, I couldn’t let this happen…but…I was trapped on the floor like there were straps around my wrists and legs. Another thing I noticed was…that there was a wide gash in my left knee….blood rapidly ran out of it onto to the grey cement…I didn’t feel anything though, because of the adrenaline pulsing. I gritted my white teeth as I found myself staring up at her, with out a pause she went to finish the job but I hesitantly gripped my knife tighter and forced my hand out into the air to deflect the weapon with my own as a loud cling was heard once more, the aura was a angered, hatred filled aura. There were flames in my body, growing higher and higher as I reached my boiling point, I instantaneously whipped my      un-injured leg around and tried to sweep Yuko off of her feet….but I failed as this didn’t faze her one bit. Yuko’s eyes flickered and her right hand, that was carrying the knife, lunged itself forward and released the knife…..towards me. I harshly rolled over to the right as this action cause me severe pain in my left leg that was injured. “You think you can protect others…” Yuko asked with a gritted set of teeth as she quickly kicked the side of my body with the point of her shoe, causing me to wince and whimper from the increasing pain.

"You think you can watch yourself…"

She kicked me once more as more blood came out of my leg as she continued, this was causing me to curl up as I shuddered. 

She grinned as she looked down at me

"you think you can win…"

She let out a small chuckle as She readied herself as she quickly gave the final blow to my rib, opening new but small gashes that bled instantly after they appeared. She then attempted to kick me one more but with only luck I gripped her leg and extended my arm at it’s full length. A huge smash was heard against the wall next to us, she had forcefully smashed the back of her head against the rich brown bricks, blood hastily splattered onto the bricks, with this she was unconscious, but only time could tell when she would awake. 

"Matsui!" 

A voice I prayed for…

yuki

I felt scared, that nervous feeling arrived in my body again, like it broke in. She was choking me in a instant. The only thing I could mutter was be my friend. She loosened her grip after but it wasn’t by much, still left with out breath I clenched my eyes shut as I began crumbling under her. 

"I don’t need friends." 

My eyes widened as my irises dilated…so rejected, my feelings broke down. 

She quickly raised to her feet as I gasped for air with her soft hands finally off my neck. Creating more space between the two of us each second…I had to act now. 

"stop!"

I whispered out as I lunged forward onto my feet to snatch her small wrist. She whipped around as her face was directly looking at me, and what I wasn’t…..wasn’t some girl who wanted to kill people, it was a helpless look like she had no defense, sadness and depression. “please…” I tried once more while saying those words as my hand gripped her wrist even tighter, she needed someone she could talk to, someone to help her. mayu stared…right through me as I flinched from her increasingly sadness. I could feel her body grow tense as we suddenly here a high pitched scream roar through the blue sky. I turned my head in the direction my ears picked it up on, It was a very harsh scream like someone was hurt, when I turned my head back to mayu, she was already struggling to free herself from me. Pushing at my hand with her other small frail hand. It’s like something was creeping up on us, like we were the prey. My heart beat increased wildly as I widened my eyes at what appeared behind us, this women had blood all over her, like she was a canvas with the color of red only to be found. I swiftly turned my body to the opposite angle as Mayu began struggling even more, letting out a few whimpers of fright. As I tried darting away from her, I dragged Mayu along with me to prevent her from getting hurt. The sky was abruptly changed black, no stars were found though, the moon appeared vast and large. Mayu seemed scared at what was found behind me, and as was I. Sprinting and sprinting, it was a endless sprint and I was on the verge of gasping for air. “Yuki!” Mayu screeched and pulled at my long arm as I immediately followed her order to stop. “What?”

I looked over at mayu as she paused, she didn’t dare look at me but only at the 5 men staring at the two of us with hunger…

My eyes widened as I stared at them in disbelief. There eyes were only on us, there bodies were straight and tall as one intertwined his long arms and began walking towards us closing the gap. Out of instinct I pulled Mayu closer as she frowned at the men that were now surrounding us. My eyes flickered once more as they parted their rough lips to speak. 

"so frail looking…"

one spoke out with a light but raspy, annoying voice. 

"yea but so cute, they will look even cuter after we are done…"

One with long black hair smirked as they began moving in closer. “Like hell! Leave us alone!” I uncontrollably shouted as I growled unintentionally. My eyes grew slim as I watched every movement they had made. My body suddenly felt numb again, and I felt overly suspicious about everything, I was having one of my panic fits. Abruptly, A minuscule sound was heard as a large body hit the floor….wait…why though? I tossed my head over to the direction I heard it, to examine what had happened. Mayu was…panting….like she…oh….now I see…it’s obvious…but when did she remove herself from my grip? Instantly, many of the men rounded them selves around Mayu and quickly took a hold of her small arms as I could only stand and watch as suddenly my arms were grasped and pulled behind my back, held by two masculine hands that were freezing cold. Furrowing my eyebrows as I struggled to release my self to help the small, younger girl…who was instantly kissed…it seemed rough and horrible…I’ve seen this before…on tv. In this event , things frequently take place over an over again, what was this group called again? They only prey on player that stay to long in the city. Mayu winced as she was forced to kiss back by others, she winced and screamed as they gripped her head to make her stay still. I couldn’t believe it…this….this was horrible. I tried to flail myself free from the tight grasp but it was no use. “let me go!” I screamed at the top of my lungs in a high pitch. I demanded it over and over again as I began to feel frustrated and angry with these…things! I finally pushed my right leg behind the male that was behind me and kicked the back of his leg where the indent was located, his leg suddenly gave out, as expected he fell to the floor but easily regaining his balance, I swiftly forced my foot into his stomach to give some time to  help Mayu.

I glared at the male who was mauling Mayu rapidly. I wrapped the back of his shirt around my fingers and gripped it so it wouldn’t be released. I yanked at the back of his shirt as he suddenly tripped on his own two feet and fell, only to find the floor on his way down. “Let go of her…” I didn’t shout this but I slightly lowered my head and glared at them as my voice was long, depressing and frightening, like the aura surrounding us turned black. They did as I demanded as released her from their grip and began sprinting the other way. Mayu stared at me as I softly raised my head to see everything, turning around and specifying what had just happened. Mayu turned her head towards me as she paused and sighed, closing her eyes. seriously?! I just saved her! My eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped as I stared at her. 

"thanks…"

She groaned and tossed me aside as she walked away from me slowly and cautiously. 

Rena

She’s so annoying, I should have ran away when I first met her, she’s so stubborn. I Growled as I played with my rich raven colored hair. I was sitting on a vast tree that had been ripped down for unknown reasons. Miku sat next to me, very closely. We didn’t say one word to each other since we departed from Matsui (Jurina.) Miku softly and slowly intertwined her arms as she inhaled long and depressingly. “What did you do…?” She suddenly asked me as she didn’t bother to look at me but instead just stared straight. 

"What do you mean?"

I stood up straight and tall as I glanced down at her with confusion. 

"At the end….of the count down.." 

Her voice was so small and smooth as she asked such a odd question, she seemed like such a sad individual…never talking, she keeps on the down low.. I gleamed at as I parted my lips to speak but nothing came out, I would be exposing my self to be a scared little girl, a stupid one at that. I glanced at the ground for a few moments before actually wording out a short sentence.

"…I ran."

Miku looked towards me, it was a odd look, like her expression meant “really?” she shook head after her look as she shrugged. 

"mmmmn…."

She softly hummed out as a long response. I suddenly gripped the hard, rough bark under my hands as I lunged onto my feet, I could hear the sound of knives and such, mixed with short screams, but they were really faint. I looked back at Miku, “come with me if you wan’t…” I whispered quickly and bolted to the site. As soon as I reached my destination, out of breath and tired with a dizzy feeling, I only seen a beaten Matsui (Jurina.)

"Matsui!"

I shouted as loudly as possible until I spotted the unknown figure laying against the brick wall that had belonged to a bakery. “Are you okay?!”

I asked quietly as I hovered my hands over her body not knowing what to do to help her first, this was all going so fast. “does it look like i’m okay Rena? and stop calling Matsui!” she demanded as she gripped her left side tightly and winced as she abruptly coughed. Do the doctors here work. I heard that they only help the same group three times and by the fourth time, they won’t except you or anyone in your group, if I recalled correctly. “I’ll help you..!” I tried to find away to wrap my arms around her and help her up but it was almost impossible to do this task with out hurting her intensely. Suddenly the sky turned pitch black, it was just sunny a minute ago, this would cause Jurina to suffer, I had to act. 

" it up."

I suddenly said as I quickly grasped her body back to abandoned warehouse just down the street from our original spots, she screamed like crazy, and her winces were loud. As I softly set her down I searched the building for anything I could cover her up with but once again, it was hard, until I took off my jacket and decided that would be good enough for now, I just have to go find Miku.