Escape: Scared [Chapter 1]

Escape

Yuki

Every year, there were these tournaments or events that would happen…they were horrible, terrifying even…I hated them. People from each prefecture would be called to Tokyo for this event, you and 10 other females would be trapped in this huge dome that looked like a war zone or a abandoned city located in america…the setting changes each year. If you were participating in this event, you would probably be killed….or if you were lucky, survive until the end, then be free, have fame, that was the reward. I glanced down at the glossy, tiled floor, it was checkerboard. My heartbeat was increasing, I could feel my mouth becoming dry, and my eyes were becoming filled with salty tears but for some reason they couldn’t fall out onto my cheeks. I, Kashiwagi Yuki was called out to this event.

I’m not ready to die, I was never even able to feel the emotion of love yet. 

I and 10 other girls were in a isolated room, I never met them, I didn’t know they existed. I could feel my nerves twitching and my body profusely shaking. I didn’t want my eyes to meet with their’s…but the temptation was prodding its way into my skin, I suddenly raised my head, looking upwards to another girl, I straightened up in my chair slowly and cautiously…she was also glancing at me with hatred and annoyance, she had long black hair…she was small…she looked younger than me but she didn’t appear scared, her arms were intertwined with each other.

"what?"

she mumbled as a groan emitted from the small girls throat, the younger girls eyes were glaring at me, awaiting a reply from me, but I was frozen, I was trapped in my seat with her gaze.

"nothing."

I quickly answered with scared facial expression, it was obvious I was nervous. The room was dead silent, no one dared to speak to one another.

"It’s time to enter your training rooms, Kashiwagi, go to room 13."

A deep voice echoed through the hollow room, I instantly followed what the male had said and stood from my chair hesitantly, my legs were numb. I entered the room that was called room 13, this room was covered in iron weapons ranging from many time periods, what was I supposed to do? I never touched these things before let alone use one to defend my lonely self.

I glanced around until I finally gripped one in my soft hand.

Time passed and everyone was done training, ready for the next day that was coming faster than I had ever predicted. We all had roommates, only two beds in each room, I was some how pared up with a female about my size or so, she had short hair, she seemed kind but looks can deceive. My eyes flickered suddenly as my eyes met with the bed. I still wasn’t ready for this, and the day I was supposed to die was tomorrow. It was around the am period and the moon was well visible.

I glanced over at the other female who was setting her this onto her bed. She looked very serious, a face anyone would not dare to bother with. I inwardly sighed as clenched my eyes shut, quickly opening them again. “This place isn’t right…” I whispered loudly enough to the other girl as I rolled on to my small bed. The other female smirked softly as she took out one last thing from her black bag. “I agree but it’s apart of our lives, we can only think positively.” , she replied with nice, sweet tone. “My name is sae.” , she quickly forced out as she entered her comfortable bed and gripping the sheets placing them on her body.

I balled my hands up and smiled softly only a little. “My name is yuki.” , I swiftly admitted and closed my eyes for the next day, I turned over on my side as my smile was swiped off my face when the only other soul in the room uttered, “good luck yuki…”

I frowned at her words as my eyebrows furrowed, but this also helped me…but barely.

Mayu 

"this is stupid." I shouted outwards not caring about anyone else, I really don’t, if I’m going to die tomorrow, what’s the point of it, this is all stupid, humans are stupid. My anger and hatred towards others is all i’m feeling. "It is stupid." , my roommate complained along with me. "your name’s Paru right?" I gleamed at her. I was as scared as anyone else that was in the same stuff as I was. The girl nodded with a blank facial expression as she stared at the ceiling. "mmn." , I groaned uneasily and laid down onto my bed instantaneously falling into a deep sleep thinking of how I could save my skin tomorrow…but…..wasn’t it impossible….to actually do so?

"It’s time….." the deep voice echoed grinning as we all stood lined up in the dome….this dome. counting down from 20, time felt so slow, my body felt slow, I couldn’t, I didn’t dare move. weapons, food and other things were located right in front of our faces, like a tease. Staring.

5…4…3…2……1