Sequel - Part 1

Nothing Like Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, you really are okay with this?”

I give him the most suspicious look before we proceed on entering his car.

“I…..“

“Chae baby! Your file! Aigoo!”

Both of us turn our heads towards my omma whom is walking hurriedly with my file.

“Omo! Ommaaaa, what would I do without you?”

“You wouldn’t exist…”

I roll my eyes, not funny mom.

“Aunty~”

Jiyong is flashing his sweet smile and bow politely. Oh, news flash.. Our parents still haven’t known the change in our status yet. It’s good like this, I don’t want two overreacting mothers in my face every day. Mother and Jiyong’s mom love teasing us saying that they have been planning our wedding since we were babies.

“Jiyongie~ is my daughter giving you headache again?”

“Mom~ I’m not, do you really feel the need to embarrass me daily?”

I kissed her cheeks and proceed to enter “Jiyongie’s” car. Need to get out from here fast because mom has a talent to make people listen to her babbles.

Jiyong enter his car as well and roll down the window~

“Bye~” we say in unison.

Nothing much has changed since we declare ourselves as couple. I thought it would bring much change, but not really *rolls eyes*

But Jiyong.. unff~ he’s really affectionate. He loves showing everything through his action not words, but I like it. It felt more… I don’t know, more real? His unexpected gesture always melts me, the way he slick my hair to the back, rubbing my ear with his fingers while he’s doing his assignments, holding my hands while we’re walking and my favourite is when he hug me from the back, I love it.

Only one thing, he does that in places where people don’t know us.

We decided not to tell anyone about us. We agreed that if people know then they know, or when people asked, we won’t deny it.

“Why are you sighing?”

“Nothing~” didn’t realized it was loud. “Emm… so, you okay?”

“Okay what?” he look at me before continuing “Oh, that.. yeah..”

“Really?”

“Yup…”

“Seriously?”

“Yes Chae, seriously”

“You seriously are fine with me going to the year-end dance with another guy?”

“Well, you were the one who still wants to be hush-hush about our relationship right?

Erk. Okay. Guilty.

Honestly, I’m the one who doesn’t want to go public with our relationship. What? I’m going to tell this once, dude, we’re not superstar or anything but hey, in college it’s a different story, we are a damn superstars in our own way and words will spread out like virus and I just don’t want people to be up on our business. Jiyong was actually forced to agree on this. Are you kidding me? He was eager to tell the world by updating his status on FB. Just, no.

I don’t trust people. Next thing I know, his groupies will be up on my face, “claiming” their right, Jiyong. Pshh. Move es, he’s mine.

“Well, then… you will go with someone else?”

“Maybe…”

“What do you mean maybe?”

“You know I want you to go with me”

“Yeahh… but not like before, where we went as friends, you want us to go as a couple…”

“Exactly.”

“Ji.. I explained it to you..”

“See? You are the one who doesn’t want people to know about us.. so, basically you are giving me green light to bring other girl to the dance”

I look at him briefly and can clearly see the smirk on his face. I know what he’s doing. He’s challenging me. Pushing my buttons until I say yes.

“Tskk… Fine! Do whatever you want to, bring whoever you want to..”

That’s my ego talking.

“K”

“Did you just ‘k’ me?”

Jiyong let out a laugh.

“Chae, stop being so grumpy in the morning..”

“Urgh~~~!”

“See you lunch time…”

We’ve arrived at campus. I’m a bit annoyed at him being cool with all these. I expect him to be more persuasive and I would consider on being open about us during the year-end dance.

Damn it.

I lean to give him a quick peck but he avoids it.

“Somebody might saw us~”

“Urghh!!”

Fine! You want to play it this way, I’ll play along! Slamming the door behind me, I quicken my pace while muttering curse words. Of course that idiot is still chuckling from behind and I decided to give him the you-know-you-will-get-nothing-from-me-later look.

“Woah!”

A deep voice enters my ear. Nice. I bumped straight into someone. It can get more embarrassing that we could both fell down because I was full on stomping with my 5inch Louboutin but luckily he’s able to support my weight.

“Urghh~ sorry~” I help gather his things.

“It’s okay C..”

“Ahh~ it’s you. Mianhe.”

Soohyuk. Top 5 most wanted guy in college. He’s building his name with sport, swimming, to be exact. Having said that, if a girl gone missing in this college, just go straight to the swimming pool area because practically every thirsty girl in college are spotted once at that area drooling over him.

Word is, he’s into me and by word, I meant Minzy. That stupid theory of hers came up because of that one time when we were partying at Jay’s place and played that stupid truth or dare game where Soohyuk was dared to kiss me. I hate that game because it’s stupid. That game is just an excuse for people to act like an s and idiots. Anyways, long story short, it happened. He kissed me. It was nothing special. What do you expect? We were both pretty tipsy when it happened, I can only remember the taste of Regal lingering in my mouth that night and it wasn’t exactly a hot steamy kiss or the type of kiss you saw in movies where suddenly they fall in love with each other *rolls eyes* it was rather chaste and sloppy. Anyways, things just kind of drifted after that, because aside from him being busy with practice, some happened. There was a girl involve. Obviously it was not me. Let’s just say, the bro code was broken by Jiyong and things just weren’t the same anymore. Neither speaks to each other after what happened.

“You okay?”

Jiyong has arrived next to me with his cold expression. I’m guessing Jiyong might be intimidated by Soohyuk a bit. Well, let’s face it, my boy is lacking 1% in every single way. Face, body, height and well, Soohyuk kissed me first.

“Yup”

 “Hey~”

“Ssup..”

O….kay~

I look at the awkward interaction between the both of them. Oh god, if either one of them doesn’t start speaking soon I feel like I have to do something just to break the tension, maybe fake fainting.

“I heard you got into trouble few weeks ago..”

Phew, thank god Soohyuk cut the silence.

“Oh?”

“Jimmy’s friends were at the party…”

Damn. If big mouth Jimmy knows, then Soohyuk probably knows what happened. Urgh, my life. Jiyong look at me knowing that I am not comfortable to talk about it anymore.

“Donghyuk is a garbage~”

Soohyuk continue saying it in his deep voice while lowering his gaze at me and I smile bitterly.

Few days after the commotion, Donghyuk surprisingly went to meet us both to apologize. He looked like hell. It was uncomfortable for all of us and I remember Jiyong was holding his patience not to playback that night’s rumble. Nonetheless, he promised that he wouldn’t appear before me again.

I just really want to move on from that night.

“We need to get to class…” I link my arm with Ji and drag him away.

“Man… nice seeing you again~” he blurted out, a bit off guard by my sudden act.

“Yeah..”

I look at Soohyuk briefly and smile. Well, at least I smile okay after walking out that way.

“Nice seeing you again?”

I .

“I’m being honest okay…”

“Sure you are…”

He looks at me again and I quickly lean my head on his shoulder to avoid eye contact.

“By the way, did you see the way he looked at you.. He’s completely fallen for you…”

“Stop saying stupid things.”

“Donghyuk is a garbage”

Jiyong mimicks him and scoff.

“Seriously?”

“His eyes are glued to you Chae…”

“Dude..”

“Dude, love was in the air…”

I smack his fingers that are making love sign.

“Is that jealousy speaking?”

“Me? Jealous? Of him??”

I look at him, not anxiously waiting for his reply but for a moment there walking with arms link like this make me feel so free. Got me into thinking that, why the hell am I so concern of letting people knows about us? There’s nothing to worry about because rumours are circulating since ages ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter