Part 2

Nothing Like Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Class is so boring I could die. I look at the empty spot next to my right. He’s been skipping class. I look at my phone and still nothing.

“Urghhhh!!!” I grunt and quickly turn into my poker face when professor Chang glance at me. You don’t want to mess with him. He is known around campus as Jackie Chang due to his accuracy on throwing things at student when we are not paying attention. Seriously? What are we? Five?

“Babe, what’s wrong?” that is my best friend, whispering to me from behind.

“Nothing Mingkki” I match her tone.

“Hey C~ I haven’t seen G for a while… where is he?”  And that is the voice of a boy who thinks he owns every girl on campus coming from my left.

“I don’t know” that’s an honest answer Seungri, stop looking at me like that.

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I said I don’t know” if I know, I would’ve told you, but I don’t. I’m not even sure if he’s home. I peek at his room every night and it’s dark. It’s killing me because he’s always there. I saw his parents few days ago and I was very close to asking where he is. It must’ve been weird though because they don’t know we’re sort of in a fight and for me to not know where Jiyong is, is impossible.

“That’s impossible.. Tell me, is he going on some secret gate away like last time?”

“I wouldn’t be here if that’s the case, right?” I roll my eyes. Yup, we did go to “campus field trip” last time. Our parents have no idea that the trip was a scam Jiyong made up.

“Jackie Chang is looking at you guys” Minzy’s voice whispering from behind and it shut both of us up. I don’t want any pen hitting my gorgeous face.

Class ended.

I look at my phone for the umpteenth time and still no Jiyong. He’s killing me. If his idea of fighting is to ignore me, then he succeeded.

“Chae, you going?” Minzy is referring to the student body meeting. Apparently I’m one of the committee. Don’t laugh. It was Jiyong who drag me into this ty stuff for ty reason, to identify hot girls on campus. Yeah, my best friend is a head. But, I must say, his “activities” with girls has been slowing down lately. Now that I think of it, it has been slowing down since the beginning of this year. Every time I bring up the issue of him being a man , he would’ve brush me off by saying he’s repenting and has been going to church to clean up his previous mess. Church? Yeah. *snort*. He’s joking guys.

“Yeah. Have to”

I’m only here for the parking privileges around campus. Do you know how hard it is to find parking spots here? I’m not walking 100m to class just because I’m late and have to park far away from my faculty. Hell no.

“It’s going to be long isn’t it?” my attention is on JayPark who is sneaking quietly from Minzy’s behind to surprise her.

“Baby~” Jay hugs her waist from behind, startling Minzy and start snuggling like nobody’s business. Aww, sweet. But 1 more second of this, I need to puke.

“Guys, please.” I look at my watch, still got 10 minutes before the meeting.

“Where’s G?” Jay rests his head on her shoulder.. and why am I picturing me and Jiyong in that position. I rub my nose bridge.

“He’s somewhere..”

“Somewhere……..” Jay waiting for me to continue and I look at Minzy to let her explain. I’m sick of people asking me where he is. Don’t you guys have a phone? Call him. He would’ve answers if he sees the name on the screen is not Chaerinnie.

Been talking to Minzy about what happened and yes she was pissed as well about the Donghae thingy. And yes, she said the same thing as what my sister’s said.

“I’m hungry baby” Minzy pouts cutely at her boyfriend.

“Let’s go…” Jay releases her and intertwined their fingers waiting for me to move. I’m still leaning on the wall.

“Can’t, I have a meeting…”

“Student body stuff…” Minzy explains.

“Oh, can you tell Dara to go easy on us peasants? What’s up with paying 100 bucks for that end year party?”

Urgh, Dara. The president of the student body.

“Are you asking me to talk with her?” Does Jay want to experience world war 3 in campus? Let’s just say, her and I, we can’t be in a conversation where it doesn’t fill with sarcasm and disses. Apparently, she hates my loose mouth as she refers it.

Jay and Minzy chuckle.

“Try not to burn the place down” Minzy hugs me with her free arm and leave with Jay.

I look at them walking, laughing with each other. It’s like, they are in their own world. See, that. That is what I want with Donghyuk but I just don’t feel it when with him.

Phone rings. Donghyuk.

I look at my watch, 5 minutes.

“Hey…” I make my way to the meeting.

“Hey, free tonight?”

“Depends…” I , not going to make it easy you know.

“You’ve been so cold lately…” yeah, because of you, I’m in a fight with my best friend. Damn it, if I can stop blaming people, it would be great.

“Really? How so?”

“Hmm… nevermind, looks like you’re busy…” . That tone.

“Tonight is fine…”

“Sure?” boy his voice is refreshed.

“Yeah… About tonight… where we going?”

“Oh.. I thought you never ask~ I’ll pick you at campus if that’s okay with you?”

“Umm… fine…” since my ride is nowhere to be found, it sounds good. Been following Minzy and Seungri to campus this past week.

“See you later, bye”

“Bye…” I end the conversation. Funny, no tingling feelings like before when he calls.

1 minute early. Yes! Still never late to meeting. I smile at Dara and she scoff. She’s been trying to get to me all year by making all kinds of stupid rules for not coming late, switching off phones during meetings and etcetera but fails.

Look around and saw an empty seat, . Make my way next to this geek, Kwanghee and greet him casually. Sometimes, he freaks me out. Jiyong always said he has a huge crush on me, I caught him staring at me hard one day and didn’t even budge when I look back at him. Damn, that was so Texas Chainsaw Massacre-ish.

There are 10 important people in student body committee. The obnoxious president, Dara, the -kissing-good-for-nothing-girl a.k.a Dara’s sidekick/deputy president, Jinny, the treasurer, this geek next to me, the 3 stooges, JYJ, Jeejung, Yongchun and Jinsu whom are in charge of reports from students, the campus ears and eyes, Mark and Olivia Kang, international students who surprisingly become campus’ reporters that can seek for information of everything and anyone if needed. Las

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter