LET IT BE

DUBIOUS RELATIONSHIP

Chapter 2: LET IT BE

Summary: Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.


“So what do you think? Naeun? Naeun?” Soojung’s voice brought Naeun back into reality. Seeing Soojung's worried face made Naeun a little guilty but she can’t help herself from not thinking about him, especially when she see's a teenage couple holding hands. They’re so cute, the boy was cool as he tightly held her hand as dragged his girlfriend through the crowd, the cute girl kept peeking at her boyfriend and sometimes smiled quietly. Naeun observed all their actions and was surprised when they went toward her table:

“My friend wants to sit here. So move. I’ll pay you” His voice was super cold and demanding, nothing like what she expected. Naeun didn’t feel any sympathy toward him.

“Yah! Kid, if you want this table, at least say it nicely or say please. Don’t treat us like your servants." Soojung raised her voice.

“No, it’s alright! We’ll go, you two can sit here” Naeun stood up from her chair, slightly tugged on her friend's arm who was glowering at her. 

“Are you crazy? I don’t want to go! Why should I?” 

“I don't want to start a whole useless argument" Naeun said quietly to Soojung.

"fine." Soojung mumbled as she followed Naeun but bumping shoulders into the guy harshly as she walked past him.

 

 

 

 

"I know you lied, Naeun." Soo jung said as they sat at another table. 

"I know, I just wanted them to have good memories to hold on to" Naeun said playing with her food. 

Soo jung deeply sighed.

“You know just because your first love left you, doesn’t mean all people do the same as him. In this world, do you know many people can stay with their first love for the rest of their life. I’m so sorry about your broken heart, but you know: First love is the easiest to find but hardest to forget, but why don’t you let them just be good memories not memories that hold you back. He might be the right person for you but at the wrong time.” Naeun eyes started tearing, her words shocked her a lot, there was something she could not explain: a part of her heart was broken but a part was cured. Soojungs speech somehow was same the same as his last words: 

“Son Naeun, Don’t you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow” 

 

 

 

Naeun reached for her cell phone on her night stand, it was her dad. She looked up at the clock, it was 2 in the morning. "Why is he calling at such a late time?" Naeun pondered silently as she tapped on 'answer'. “Please let it not be bad news…”

“Oh, my beloved daughter, tomorrow you have to go Diamond’s restaurant. For more information, you can check in the card Mrs. Jung gave you last week” Her dad said firmly like he knew if he didn’t call at this time, she wouldn’t have pick up her phone. 

“Dad, like I've told you many times. I don't want to. Don't you care about my opinion? Don't you love me?” She is used her first strategy: BEGGING.

“No, whatever you say, I won’t change my mind” Well that didn't work. Onto the second strategy: PRETEND LIKE I DONT KNOW.

“But Daddy, Mrs. Jung didn’t give me any card and now she’s leaving to Tokyo. I don't think she can send the card to me in time” Her voice is super calm.

“Son Naeun, since when did you start thinking that you can trick me. I already called Eunji and she said that you received it but threw it away.” He just won't give up will he, Okay then, She will try her last strategy: INTIMIDATION. 

“Dad, This is the last time I say it: I'm not going. And since I already threw away the card, I guess I can't go. So you should just cancel the blind date"

“I know why you don't want to go. Your still waiting for your silly love? He won’t come back and if he comes back, he'll surely bring a girl with him. You won’t have chance or in better terms, you will never have a chance. So please, wake up, don’t hang onto him anymore!” 

“What? I don’t know what are you saying? Why would I be waiting for him? That’s ridiculous, haha! ” She was hoping her voice would sound normal and calm but instead, her voice was low and a little painful.

“Don’t delude yourself daughter. I’m your dad and you better to go tomorrow. Eunji will go with you” He hung up before she can reply.

“But Dad I don’t like rich people” She mumbled.

 

 

"Naeun, which one do you want to wear for tonight?” Eunji, her housemate said, or should she say family. Naeun used to have a wonderful family: her dad was a great father although he was strict, she couldn't deny he has always loved his children, his wife and people, even his enemies. But sadly that was the reason of his downfall. Her mom was a beautiful lady and smart too, but her love didn't go to her small family but for her great lover. As hearing her lover came back, she immediately visited him and the result was the birth of Bang Minah- her half-sister. When her dad found out that his wife had an adulterous relationship with her first love, he was upset, disappointed but seeing his son, Son Dongwoon, who was just reached 4 years old back then, he gulped back his tears to forgive his wife. When Minah was one year old, Naeun was born and everything seemed alright. But like everybody says: people always lapse back into their old ways, if they were forgiven easily, and so did her mother. Later, from his brother she learned that her mom left them, taking Minah with her, as soon as she gave birth to Naeun. She never experienced the love of a mother. Is it same the way Mrs. Jung treats her? She doesn’t know but always hope that it is the same. Her first lesson that she learned from her life is NOTHING LASTS FOREVER. Her mom is living a happy life with her family now, her dad came back to his homeland, which was Jeju, after his company was bankrupted. Her brother has lived in London for 12 years and now she has completely lost contact. And her, a poor girl is now living with her benefactor, the Jung’s family. They aren’t too rich but Mr. Jung has a business position so she never lacks material but Naeun is always aware of her standing so she doesn’t asked them for so much. 

“Naeun, I'll say it again: which one do you want?” Eunji handed a blue skirt with a balloon-sleeved shirt on the right hand and the on the other is an animal-print dress. 

“None of them! By the way, today is my graduation day, I have to wear something for the ceremony, you know” Naeun answers with a sleepy face. 

“Oh! I forgot! After 4 years of diligently studying, our silly Naeun finally was kicked out from school” Eunji made a derp face.

“Haha, Jung Eunji, you’re a naughty person, you know that?” Naeun turned back to her room to prepare for her busy day. When she was about to go out, Eunji said:

“Naeun. 7p.m. Diamond’s restaurant” She tried to say firmly but Naeun can tell she is teasing her. Naeun’s face turned red, and she angrily slammed the door. She heard Eunji’s laugh slowly disappear as she left. 

Naeun started walking slowly alongside the pathway to the school yard. She tucked her hands inside her coat’s pocket. Today, she looked beautiful, she could feel that  but somehow she misses something, or, more accurately, she missed someone.

Every corner of this school reminded her of Jongin. From the Basketball Court where they met, to the ancient tree in the middle school yard where he confessed her about his feelings or her class where he always came to in self- study hours. It was her everything. The memories were so fresh, like yesterday for her. She could see a silly girl always come to support for her best friend but her mind lay on her lover. Every memory with Jongin was unforgettable. 

She really missed him but from now she wanted to move on. She stayed up all night to comprehend about this sentence: “Let your feelings be, if you two have a fate together, you two will never go astray”. It could be right in her case. She took out her phone from her trench coat and dialed his number: “Kim Jongin, sometimes I can hear your voice so clearly and see your smile and I forget but then I remember you left me and that I’m all alone and nothing can bring you back, I feel so bad but don’t worry about me. I’m really fine now but I don't know how you feel. You might not be into me anymore but I just want to say I really love you and I’ll cherish our memories to the rest of my life. Today is my graduation day, maybe it is for you too. Do you remember you said: lets graduate together! I will always remember, hehe, but isnt it not important anymore? We are no longer together but Jongin it’s really funny that after 2 years I still miss you. I tried to call you many times but there was always a girl who kept answering me that: your number no longer exists. Did you change your number? If you did why didn’t you tell me? Are you afraid I’ll pester you in your new life? I won’t Jongin and this is the last time I call you to say that I’m trying harder to forget you so that when you come back with another girl, I won’t get hurt. I’m not sure when we'll meet, or if I’m over you yet or not, but one thing you should know Jongin, I’m not waiting for you anymore so please don’t be sad if I have new lover, hehe. Don't you dare say that you still care because I’ll never love rich people” Her tears suddenly fell but she quickly wiped it and calmed herself. “So Jongin I’m letting you go now. I’ll let fate be.” She felt relaxed after saying all her heart out, although she knew he can't hear her but she did it anyway. How many times she tried to say it with his previous numbers. Her tears run down again, she now bended down and held onto her knees.

“Who is she, Soojung? Is she really a love-sick person?” Said a man who accidentally heard Naeun’s whole conversation.

“My friend; she is going apply for your company next month”

“Really? I don’t like crybaby girls. How to she to concentrate on working if she is that kind of person?”

“No, She stands clear of personal problems when working. I’m sure you will like her. And you know, they had wonderful relationship, they really loved each other a lot. So it left a deep wound in her heart. Oh! It’s 6:30 now, aren’t you going to your blind date?” Soojung urged him.

“I'll just go there to keep dad’s promise. I already have girlfriend, haha. Mom is going there too, Do you want to go too?” He asked

“Nope, I don’t want to see her pitiful face. You’re a really bad boy!”

“Haha, thanks for reminding me, bye”


Thanks @kaitlynhbu so much ^^

Hope you will like this chapter, happy reading....