Chapter 4

DUBIOUS RELATIONSHIP

“It’s totally disaster mom, she isn’t my style: her face is no no no, so ugly, her body is worse, as you see, I can’t see her chest, waist and in this clothes. What did she think as wearing her academic dress for blind date, at least you have to respect others”. He turned his famous haughty haze to her, dragged a half-smile out of his lips: “ And her attitude is so , you will get furious if you know how she make fun of you. I’m so disappointed, how can Jung’ family conceal a rude girl like her.” In fact, he doesn’t want to say that to her, he was going to accept her but remembering her tears in this afternoon make him a bit uneasy. He doesn’t know why he is so curious about that guy who could break her heart but still have her love, he also want to know her more, her eyes are so bright, her smile is so beautiful, especially her sulked face is super cute, he truly want to bottle all of them, WOW, it’s like he cannot get her enough. But that game isn’t done yet, they still have chance, he’ll wait for it.

One week later:       

“Oh Sehun, You say we’re best friend but I wonder where are you when I was at my darkest times, hu?”

“I’m so busy these days, my schedules is a chaos, today I’m here but tomorrow I will be at other place….You can see my eyes puffiness, right? My skin too, it isn’t softly like before…” That’s right, Sehun now changed so much: he isn’t the guy who’re always afraid ghost or insect anymore, isn’t the lazy guy who usually force Naeun watching movies or going shopping with him whole day, isn’t a clumsy guy who sometimes make a stupid mistake in Court. Sehun these days is a man who is professional basketballer, attend the national basketball team. But one thing never change, his character, always is spoiled and ert. 

“Don’t worry! you’re still handsome as usual.” Naeun gets headache now and from her experience be friend with him for 12 years, she knows the best way to handle his complain is appreciate him.

“Oh, really!” He smiles widely, his eyes curves cutely.

“So disgusting! I take back my words” 

“Eww! You aren’t fun! So how are your almost boyfriend?” He intentional emphasizes “ALMOST BOYFRIEND” words causing her frown.

“Oh God, just think about it makes me vomit. I have to endure people’s sympathy, especially Eunji’s mom. They thought his rudely rejection caused psychological trauma for me and I’m going through crisis of conscience of my love life. Mrs Jung even was off her work whole week to take care of me, go shopping with me, even sleep with me, wow, she did everything like she’s redeeming. I tried my best saying them that I’m alright, the blind date wasn’t affected my spirit but that’s so ridiculous Sehun! They don’t believe on me, they think I’m pretend to being ok. Oh God! I’m sick now”. She talks with the harsh tone until out of her breath, after that she feels relieved, like her sentiments are released totally. Naeun lifts her head, expects a grain of comfort from her best friend but instead he sits with his chin in his hands, stretch his lips as in smiling, teases her playful:

“Haha, I thought you are the one who knock him out, never ever though that you were played like that. I’m curious about that special guy now…”

“Yah! If you don’t want to comfort me, please shut up”

“What? You have to thank me for always listening your problems. By the way, don’t you use my tips?” Sehun really wonder if she used his suggestions or not, if she did, why didn’t them work? From his experience of love-life, there is no chance they are failure, he did believe that she would call him with happy tone and keep compliment him as an expert of love, but instead what he was received was her scolding. 

“Of course and now I’m so regretting for believing on you. You said me heap criticism his looking, right? I did but he is so ing handsome, I couldn’t find any his flaw or even I found, he could retort my opinions. And you said me speak evil of his relatives, I did too and in that case I chose his mother because I thought it would attack his piety, and yeah, it’s turned out that she is his stepmother! I totally lost in his game. But it wasn’t over yet, I remembered clearly that the 5 minutes before we went ahead elder table, he concluded that we’re a perfect couple but you know when his mother, no stepmother is more accurate, asked about our blind date, he pushed me down to the hell, wow, he rejected me like I’m a disaster, a , he said I’m ugly, made fun on my body, despised my fashion sense and scorn my attitude. Oh God, just remember it made me get headache, I swear if I could turn back that time, I would wait him outside and say Eunji crash into his car…” Sehun is now glowering, seeing her anger face makes him somewhat realize her pressing. This is the first time, he has seen her like this, Chacchac, that guy is really no joke! 

“But you’re still happy right? After all, he canceled your stupid date” He hit the main point to calm down her temper. Naeun suddenly wides her eyes and gradually looses her hauze, her lips gently smiles:

“Of course, I am”

“Don’t you have any self-respected, Naeun? He cursed you like a but you’re still okay…” Before finishing his sentences, he was hit on his head.

“? What is that? With that kind of person, I don’t need to use my self-respected” 

“Ok! Fine, well but what is his name?” 

“Eh! I don’t know…” That’s true, she really doesn’t know anything about him, even his name, maybe it’s a good new cause if she knows about him more, she certainly will revenge this shame.

“Well, with your stupid, I don’t expect anything more” He glanced at her face, she is paler than before, surely her date was counted as her nightmare so he decided changed their topic.

“I hear that you’re applying for Lee’s company, is that true?”

“yeah, I’m waiting for an interview now, hope I can pass, I want to earn my living” She is 22 years old and had just graduated from her university. She cannot always beg for money from Jung’s family, it’s time for her to independence.

“But it isn’t easy to able to work at Lee’s company, are you sure you’ll pass?” Lee’s Company is considering as one of the wealthy company in Korean, including hotel, restaurant system, land business and exterior and interior Design. People want to work there have to have good scholastic achievements, experience and go through harsh interview. After all, Naeun had just finished her study, she doesn’t have any experience and her clumsy, a little shyness makes him a bit worried.

“Soojung said that if I do well in my interview, I can work there. She will be an interviewer, hehe. Um…., Do you want to go shopping with me? Mrs Jung asked me buying for dinner.”

“No, I cannot, I have flight to Japan at 7p.m. I’m better go now”

“Ok! Fighting! Wait for your good news.” She raised her right hand, show “fighting” sign.

“EEEEHHHH! Give me a bucket right now, I want to vomit” Sehun rested his hand on his chest pretend he want to retch. Naeun lightly smile toward him, when she was about to go out, he said:

“Good luck! Wait for your good news too~~~”

“It’s disgusting”

 

Naeun went to mart which is near her house, she really like this mart because it has a great location, right beside bus stop, she can walk home unhurriedly from here and another main reason is she couldn’t find anywhere buy orange milk with Doremon logo in cartons, at least surrounding areas. After done with her shopping duty, she went ahead to familiar milk rack with a satisfied smiling when finding that her favor milk is laid on rack, only one carton. This type of milk doesn’t consume well like others, so the storekeeper just import them a little. Naeun doesn’t know why she love this milk so much but she found that they have a unique flavor, moreish made she doesn’t want to choose others but them. She raised her hand, was about to take them to her but suddenly a male hand from nowhere touch it simultaneously. Confused expression was seen in her face, she slightly turned to the man beside, intended politely asked him give it to her, anyway, she touched it first.

Because her thought is so simple or this guy is so rude, she doesn’t know but finding her favor milk was taken away by this man. He didn’t look embarrassed for scrambling food with woman, even swing back and forth her milk before throw it into his cart. Naeun stood paralyzed, wow, doesn’t he have any manner? She thought that that date guy is the meanest guy in this world but this man can consider as his rival, right? 

Naeun immediately grabs his hand, he was wearing a medical mask and black glasses so she could see his face:

“Can you give it to me? I touched it first!” She tried to smile friendly but this man is so rude, he ignored her and walked away. Naeun couldn’t let he go easy, she tightly her grip…

“Oh Taemin, you’re here, I’m searching you to up now. Eww!” 

There’re a girl came, she was hugging his left hand so this maybe is his girlfriend. Wow! He is so lucky to have a goddess lover, her face is so cute, her skin is pinky-white, she also has killer body, such a super beautiful girl  and her voice is so softly especial her words made Naeun is like her more:

“Taemin, give it to her, you said that you refer strawberry flavors, why you choose it? You don’t like this milk that much”

“Oh! Right right! Just choose another one” Naeun immediately took the opportunity, regained her food. This angelic girl is so kind, she took the milk carton from the cart, gave Naeun with friendly smile:

“It’s your, sorry” 

“NO, thanks, thanks!”

That couple was walking to checkout counter, she swears that she fell a dark aura when the guy turns his head to her with his finger points to her.