TERRIBLE DAY

DUBIOUS RELATIONSHIP

Chapter 3: TERRIBLE DAY

Summary: Love is blind. It will take over your mind. What you think is love, is truly not. You need to elevate your mind.


“I’m listening Eunji” Naeun tried her best to keep her voice calm, to hide her sobs. She’s siting at the corner of the school yard, crying to dull the pain of a broken heart.

“Yah! Where are you right now? Do you know what time it is? Come here even if you have to fly here” Eunji warned her which made Naeun a little confused. Is she missing something?

“Where are you Eunji? Are you drunk? I’m tired and dripping wet because it’s raining…” 

“Yah! I'm telling you to come here to save your life, not me. Oh! Maybe me too, my mom and your dad will like chop my head off if you don’t come. And just so you know, Diamond’s restaurant, 7p.m.” 

“What? Eunji, I’ll come, wait for me” She glanced at her phone screen to see the time and it’s surprised her when she saw it was 7:10 now. Oh my god! Dad's gonna kill me. T_T. I  better run now. As soon as she got out of school, as she was waiting for the bus, suddenly she thought of a super smart idea which made her break into a wide grin.

“Little girl, are you not going to get on?” A driver asked her

“No, I’ll walk, my house is near here” She answered with a sweet smile.

“Little girl, if your gonna walk then don't stand next to the bus sign" The driver said before closing the doors and driving away.

The first way to be hated is to be LATE, but being SUPER LATE  is more effective, hehe. She was walked slowly as she texted Sehun who was sick for 4 days. He couldn't attend graduation day, he’ll regret it forever.

On the other hand, in Diamond restaurant, Eunji kept saying apologies to everybody. She alleged many excuses: Naeun is a good girl, she had to attend a ceremony. Maybe the bus didn’t come punctually, which we will have to blame on Ministry of Communications for not directing the traffic on time. What a shame for our country! 

 

Taemin just sat quietly and didn’t say a word. He will count her late as an excuse, haha. He’s going to refuse dating gently but this girl is silly, maybe he won’t use his kindness on her. Taemin was bored and he kept scanning her profile:” Son Naeun, 22 years old. Hobbies: Reading books, eating and sleeping….” This girl is so damn silly, people usual write about their strong point but she didn't! He found this is funny. But his face is no longer calm anymore, everybody started to get hungry but they all are trying their best to remain silent, he can feel the stares from his mom, like she was going burn anyone immediately if anyone said anything wrong. Wow! This girl made him has to exclaim: “Where is that girl! I'm getting impatient. I'm tired and I want to go home” He turns his head to Eunji, the girl was biting her lips but her eyes were glowering like a ghost. 

“Um… I’ll go to the Reception, maybe she doesn’t know where we are?” He’s using his last bit of kindness, so this girl better come soon or he’ll kill her before she reaches this room. As he exits the building, he looks around but no sign of Naeun

“Your really testing my patient stupid Naeun” He bit his lip and turns around and started talking with some guards. This restaurant is under the ownship of his family so they easily recognize him. As their conversation is went, a girl slightly patted Taemin’s shoulder. 

“Excuse me, I have an appointment in this restaurant but I don’t know where it’s held, so could you help me?”

Taemin turns around and his eyes are widened, Oh! She's that crybaby girl, Why she is here? That should be counted as an unexpected coincidence. Because of the short distance, he could observe her face clearly: Beautiful but cute. Her chubby cheeks, her sharp nose, her lips are thin but rosy colored, especially her eyes were so bright but they were a little swelled, she must have cried a lot today. 

“Are you asking me?” He gently asked.

“Of course, who else? You’re a guard here, right?” She innocently answered.

“Sorry, Miss but he is…” 

“Yes, I am! Come with me…” He cut  the guards sentence. He doesn’t  know how he did it but somehow he wanted to know this girl more, a strange feeling appeared that he doesn't know of.

They kept silence as they were walking through wonderful garden. Naeun was fascinated about the restaurant. Wow! This is first time she has ever seen such a beautiful restaurant. No doubt, this is the best place, even the guard is damn handsome. 

“Um…  Can you call your family to ask about which room?” He gently suggests 

“Oh! You’re right!” She smiles and pulls out her phone, of course checking the time first, Eww, she walked inch by inch to come here but it’s still too early for her.

“I think it’s too early, so we should go slowly” She timidly requests.

Taemin looks straight at her, Is she lying? It’s 8 o’clock now, It’s too late to have an appointment. He knits his brows but then he smiles quietly: Maybe, she has feelings for him, thats why she doesn’t want to leave him. Oh! Smart but still doesn’t reach the level to escape his notice. He finds it funny that she could make his delusional brain work. Sometimes, he did think that he is a realistic guy, who doesn’t ever like to play around. But this time he wants to play with her: 

“Miss, what time is your appointment?”

“7p.m” She honestly answered which made him confused. Now she is straightforward about chasing him? He’s so bored with all the girls flirting with him. It’s so disgusting. And this girl seems to be a new hunter, thinking about it made his mood go down to zero, he certainly was going to stamp out her feelings:

“Miss, I want you know that it’s wrong for a girl to chase after a boy. Girls should just wait for a guy to approach her and ask her out and if the boy doesn’t do anything that means he isn’t interested in her. We just have met for 10 minutes and you have already fell for me, what the hell? I don’t understand women nowadays” He glared at her and his voice lowered seeing her expression. Her face was like: What the are you talking about? She looked at him as if he was crazy. This is the first time he has ever been wrong about a woman.

“What the are you talking about?Your head is getting big because of your big ego. Yah, you think you’re so handsome. Please, you look like a girl. Please check the mirror, ok? I've had a really bad day and I'm upset and now I'm meeting an idiot guard” His face turned so red from embarrassment but another part of him felt furious, even if he was wrong, she didn't need to speak so rudely. He knows he is the one who made he mad, but her words were like knives. It made him want to vanish underground immediately. When he was wondering whether he should just go away or apologize to her, her phone started to ring. She answered at the first ring like she was expecting this call. 

“What took you so long, Sehun?” He slightly wrinkled his forehead, she naturally to talked as if he wasn't there. He was going take this opportunity to leave and when he was about to turn around, her words made him stop in his tracks.

“I don’t know anything about him, I threw the card away as soon as I received it. Give me some tips to stop this blind date Sehun. I got here super late, hehe. I certainly will make him miserable” His eyes fixed on the stupid person smiling as she talked on the phone, and a smirk was drawn on his face: “Okay then, let's play a game!” he muttered to himself and walked away.

 

 

“Oh! Finally your here, quickly go over there” Eunji pointed to a table in the corner of the room, Naeun could see a silhouette of a guy occupied there, he sat crosslegged and gently tapped his fingers on the table to the rhythm the of song that was playing. She inhaled deeply before going ahead to him.

“Hello and sorry for being late” She said softly and sat comfortably in the chair in front of him. 

“It’s okay” His voice was sweet and familiar too, she scanned his face and the next thing she knew her head spinning like a pin wheel. This is the case people usually call: “Petitioners in the narrow lane”, right? 

“Because everything was written on our profile we can be considered acquaintances, right?” He lightly tilted his head and continued: “What do you think about me?”

Fortunately Sehun assumed this question but sadly his appearance is so flawless, how can she find a fault with that face, but she decided to try once:

“To be honest, I don’t like your eyes, they aren’t big as I wished and people say most of the merciless guys have small eyes. So do your lips, they are so full that make you look girly, I don’t want to say it but the truth is I just like manly guys, hence you know what that means right” He didn’t say a word or expressed his annoyance, his calmness made her break into a cold sweat, she took a deep breath to have calm herself and to encourage herself to continue: “And your height isn’t adequate with mine, if I wear high heels, I easily can be equal to your height, so we won’t be perfect if we got together.” Taemin gently nodded his head at her words with a smirk, she looked at him intensely waiting for his reply:

“My eyes aren’t big, but you can deny they’re beautiful right? When I smile, they curve like the crescent moon, if I remember correctly, everybody calls it the eyes-smile. About my full lips, every girl is envious of me and my girlfriends say that my lips are so irresistible it made them want to kiss me again and again. You should try once to know how they feel. And I’m 180 centimeters tall and you’re 168 right? Assuming that you wear 10 centimeter high heels, your height will be 178 and the sole of my shoes are usually 3 centimeters, I used to read an article and it said that 5 centimeters is perfect for a couple. So…. I think we’ll be a perfect couple” 

His last sentence made her choke on her drink, her eyes and her cheeks were warming, he obviously was teasing her, she lightly looked at Eunji, telling her with her eyes to help her. Eunji was observing them with a bright smile: Seeing Taemin grin with his famous cheekbones, his eyes lay intensively on her friend and the sparkling in Naeun’s eyes especially her blush face created a happy feeling, she wanted to exclaim: “ Oh God! This blind date was definitely a success!” Naeun wanted to cry out loud. Suddenly, Sehun’s words echoed in her ears: “ This is the last step as well as the most important, you need to speak bad of his acquaintances, he surely will despise you”. She bit her lips really hard that she started to taste blood, in this case the best choice is his Mom, no one can bear it if people criticize their mom. 

“Is that lady your Mom?” Naeun pointed to a lady who was dressed in luxury, he didn’t turn his head but smirked.

“Yes, she is” 

“Really? She looks so much older than her age. I imagined she would be beautiful but I’m disappointed now that I've seen her, you can see the lines on her forehead, her chin and her hand, and she is dressed extravagantly and from her appearance I can say that she doesn’t have good attitude or personality. Honestly your mother isn’t my style” Naeun was waiting for him to yell or even to slap her, but none of them happened. 

“Frankly, she isn’t my style either!” He said softly and his eyes sparkled like he approved of her comments, Naeun was shocked at his confession, how can he say that about his mother? He really is a bad man.

“You don’t even resemble your mother” She blankly said.

“Of course!” 

“huh?” She was confused with his answer. What did he mean?

“After all, she is my stepmother” He shrugged before continuing: “Wow! We have same taste too~~, I’m so happy now, it’s like I finally found my soulmate, haha” He smiled and stood and intimately embraced her in his arm. They went to his mother’s table:

“So how is was your date, my beloved son?”


Thanks @kaitlynhbu so much ^^

Hope you will like this chapter, happy reading....