SILLY, I LIKE YOU

DUBIOUS RELATIONSHIP
Chapter 1: SILLY, I LIKE YOU
Summary: The best things in life are not things, it's the people who make you feel loved and cared for.
 

In Dongwook University, people might not know who the headmaster is but there is certainly no one in the school who doesn’t know who Kim Jongin is. He is the captain of basketball team, the hottest guy with his sharp nose and the stare can kill every girl and more importantly his status: the son of Kim’s Group Company. Even Bang Minah, my half-sister on my mother’s side who lives in Busan, knows who he is too. She calls me a lot, saying that I’m too lucky to have an opportunity to be in same school with him. I remember clearly that night I smiled sarcastically toward her words: Isn’t she overreacting about it? It isn’t only me study in that school. I’m just one person out of many. I'm not special to anyone but later you can say I’m totally wrong. I don’t know if I described him exaggeratedly but the first time I had seen him, I had already fallen madly in love with him although at that time, we met in a ridiculous situation.
 
That day, I had gone to the basketball court to support my bestfriend –Oh Sehun. He is the only person I hang out with, we can understand each other without a word, maybe that’s the reason we never think to change this friendship to relationship. It’s like when you know somebody inside out, you don’t want to find out more. For us, when you're in a relationship that means we have to own a space, where no one or thing can reach, not even our lover. To everyone, we’re dating and we don’t bother to take any effort to deny that. He likes basketball but isn’t good at it, sometimes I can say that he is bad at it but he is too overoptimistic, he takes my teasing as encouraging words. Finally, his endeavor was paid off, he said to me that he was selected to officially play on a competition annual and of course I indispensably supported my best friend. In break time, I went to Sehun to give him a water bottle, but there was a shameless boy who kept staring at me and it made me feel uncomfortable so I gave him a glare. But maybe he wasn’t aware of my scowl because he didn’t look embarrassed or even smile back:

“Oh my dear, you’re so pretty, which class are you in?”

“My mother told me not to talk with a strangers, especially ones like you to prevent he might come uninvited." I obediently answered him back and the boy who sat next to him burst into laughter. His smile seemed like it was shining and it made my heart skip a beat. But I was a little disappointed when I recognized his eyes weren't on me but on that crazy guy. Later, I found out that the boy who messed with me was Park Chan Yeol and the other was Kim Jongin. Every girls in the stands screamed about his smile; the smile that sparkles like the sun, I was paralyzed just standing there seeing his shadow as it faded away.

“WOW, he’s so such a God, isn’t he?” Sehun nudged my left shoulder.

“Ummmmm, I……… don’t know?”

“Don’t you dare fall in love with him. You have to wait until I get my girl first” He gave me a glance. Ewww, this boy’s is a really ridiculous person, he always keeps warning me about this. Does he not want to me to have a husband in the future? What if no one likes him, don’t tell me I must maintain my single status to the end of my life. What a waste!!!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Two days after, Jongin heads to her class to inform them about the competition, everything is alright until he asked Sehun a question that surprised everyone: “Oh Sehun, How do you feel when a girl gives you water after a fatigue practice? Do you think I need someone too?” 

The whole class was silent. His words were like an atomic bomb with converging fire making everybody turn pale. Of course, Sehun who is the nearest to him is the most traumatized, the corner of his mouth twitched, and replied softly,

“Captain, Are you kidding?” If the question came out from someone else's mouth then it would've been normal. You can comprehend that he wants to have a girlfriend and that asking for advice from his friend is normal but these words were said by Kim Jongin who used to say that  no one would be able to catch his attention.

"Do I look like I'm kidding to you? So what do you think?”

Poor Sehun is nervous, “Oh, Captain is so handsome, it would be weird if no one supported you. But you don’t need one cause every girl will volunteer to do it”

Jongin looks attentively on Sehun, “Do you not know what I mean or are you pretending you don’t know? I mean do you think I need to have a girlfriend? Such as Naeun or someone else..”

“Huh? Ah, yeah, yes, of course, haha”

After hearing a awkward answer from Sehun, Jongin slightly nods, "So may I trust your help in this? I hope you can say yes” Then, he turns around and waves goodbye to everybody,“ It’s time for lunch, you should go to the canteen soon”

 
Naeun stands in the middle in the crowd, amazed, and looks at him with mixed feelings. Jongin smiles quietly to her,  his eyes seemed to be telling her something that she cannot figure out. Everybody start to gossip about Kim Jongin, but she doesn’t know what to say but eavesdropping on other's conversation but feels disappointed on some of the things she hears.

“I wonder who is the lucky person?

“Is it obvious? He's talking about the belle of the school- Lee Soojung."

As soon as she is finished with her homework she runs over the basketball court to support Sehun in his last practice.
In the evening, the canteen isn't available so she bought a lot of food for him. It's dark outside and her hand are frozen due to the cold weather. "Almost there Naeun..... your almost there." She keeps mumbling to herself.
The distance to the court is only 10 meters away. Then all of a sudden a guy bumps into her as she is walking.

She couldn’t hide her annoyance, and glared at the stupid person, but when she saw who the person was her eyes softened. It was Jongin.

“Sorry, sorry…” She didn't know what to do but to apologize. Jongin was really furious but after that he smiled quietly. She thought maybe his head was effected because of her hot soup.

“Why are you here? Um….. and You have to buy me a new shirt”

“for Sehun. and no problem, you can find me in Sehun's class, I'll pay you back" She expected her voice to sound normal but instead her voice was low and hoarse.
 
The next day, in lunch time, Jongin forced her to go shopping with him with a reason: he doesn't know how to buy clothes. Their school was located in the center of the city with  markets, stores, and restaurants around so it would be easy if chose a shop around here but he isn't like that. Because of his status he took her to a luxurious mall that is 20 minutes away by bus and they circle around the mall for 3 hours but he didn't find anything yet. Maybe it is okay to him but she doesn't like to go shopping, for her it is like torture. "He is clearly trying to get revenge on me" she mumbled.
 
He lead them into a beautiful restaurant in mall, and chose the best table which was beside a window. Siting there they could see the whole the city through the window: “Oh! This is so beautiful, Jongin you have a great aesthetic taste” She said brightly as she gave him two thumbs up. Jongin smiled proudly hearing her praise, his smile made her heart flutter. Her happiness wasn't no longer when she read a menu, her face was like: "What the hell!"

“What are you going to choose?” He innocently asked, she hardly gulped saliva, uttered answer. "This place is probably expensive considering his status." she thought.

“I’m not hungry, you can eat by yourself” she muttered. 

“What? If you’re not in mood, why didn't you tell me in the first place?”

“It’s you who lead me here. You didn't give me a chance to even say a word” She retorted.

“Umm, alright… I’ll treat…”

“Really? Okay, then I choose sauteed lobster with ginger and scallion, barbecued meat, sweet and sour pork ribs…." She cut his words and he bursted out in laughter.

“So you’ll be in mood if I pay, right?”

Naeun blushed upon his joking. But seeing his bright smile made her feel better.  Sawing him smile made her smile, “At least he smiled to me” Naeun happily thought. Jonging kept staring at her, amazed by her beautiful and innocent face, seeing her gloomy it made him a little worried and seeing her bright face, he unconsciously smiled quietly. “Falling in love isn’t that bad” He thought to himself.

After having a great meal while joking, smiling, and a little flirting, they went ahead to shopping duty again.

“It suits me, doesn’t it?” Jongin asked

“It’s nice. Of course Kim Jongin is handsome in everything” She said without hesitation, then realized what she said and blushed..

He felt warm inside hearing her praise, he grabbed her hand and dragged her to checkout courter.

“It’s $1200, handsome” The cashier smiled seductively to him, which made Naeun feel alittle uncomfortable, her hand unconsciously pulled him closer to her. Jongin slightly clasped her into his arms, but the other hand extended in front of her:

“Money”

“What???” She asked him, bewildered.

“Aren’t you paying?” He smiled sweetly, but this time she could tell that he's joking.

“I… I… don’t have much money, you should choose another one” As she was going to go inside the store again, he pulled her back, and slightly kissed her forehead:

“You think I would make you pay? So silly” Her eyes were wide, her heart beating so fast. This feelings is so unhealthy, it’s killing her right now.

 

Finally, the day came. Everybody seemed excited, looking forward to seeing the game. Many people even made slogans and of course most of them were for Kim Jongin. There were two sides in the audience, in the left were the people who supported Jongin and the right is for another. Naeun found it really ridiculous, she was wavering between supporting him or her best friend. Inside her heart, she wanted to choose the left but her mind didn't allow it, Oh Sehun would be mad if she didn’t cheer him. After Round 1, the match ended in a draw of 66-66. Naeun ran up to Sehun and gave him a bottle water. Sehun accepted it gracioulsly, and said breathlessly:

“Naeun, I didn’t even hear your cheering, don’t tell me you just stood there and spaced out. If you go to the left, I’ll kill  you” He warned her before running to his teammate.

She slightly pouted, this guy was always bullying her. Suddenly, a cold bottle of water touched her face, she immediately lifted her head. She turned around; her crush was smiling at her. Even if he was all sweaty and panting he still looked handsome.

“Hey, Where were you standing? I couldn’t see you”

“I was on the right, I have to support my friend” 

He pursed his lips before saying:

“Do you want to be on the left?”

“No, I don’t want to die soon, hehe, he’ll be really sad but I’ll cheer for you too” She smiled and walk away to find a good place in the front.

“Naeun, give it to me after the match ends” He gently threw her a bottle and ran off to the Basketball Court.

She stood bewildered for a while, and smiled quietly like a stupid girl. He’s driving her crazy.

 

 

Two weeks later, everything went back to normal, Sehun’s team won and of course Jongin was the person who was praised the most. He went back to his routine: studying, playing basketball and working hard for his dad’s business. Naeun also went back to her normal routine: homework and studying which makes her go crazy but he almost made everything worse. Recently, he always comes to her classroom in hours of self-study. Seeing him sitting with Soojung, queen of the school got her distracted: Sadness filled her but she couldn’t deny that they were such a lovely couple and matched with each other. She tried her best to focus on reading but she just couldn't. Sehun seemed to know it, he even confronted Jongin:

“Damn it, It’s not like your class doesn’t have place for you, why do you always come to my class?”

“I like your class, that's all” He replied shortly, then returned to sitting in the space next to Soojung again.

Naeun gently pulled Sehun away, her mood went down but what could she do? She doesn’t know! Soojung kept smiling, sometimes peeking on him. Jongin didn’t notice it or he pretended he didn’t know. Maybe he was just playing with her feelings in the last two weeks. She felt stupid for thinking she had a chance with him. She doesn’t know but it hurt her so much as she ranout class. Jongin immediately ran after her.

“Naeun, why aren't you in the class studying?”

Her heart clenched bitterly inside. She doesn’t know what to say, moreover she doesn’t know how to say it. So she just decided to stay quiet.

“I'm studying with her because I’m going to resign from Student Council, She will be the member replace me” He said to me with a smile.

“I don’t care, it’s your work, you don’t have to explain to me.” She retorted.

“I explained because I’m afraid you'll get jealous” His smile widened into a grin.

“Jealous? Why would I be jealous?”

“Because I like you silly.” He smiled and pulled her into his arms, gently rubbing her back which made her body paralyzed but after she snapped out of the daze she smiled  in happiness, tightly hugging him back.

“I like you too”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for @kaitlynhbu for your editiing ^^

Hope you will like this chapter, happy reading...