2 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

It has been a week since the kiss and Jinhee hasn't found the courage to contact Myungsoo. He was probably busy with his album, he didn't look for her either. Even attending trainings she tried to avoid him at all costs but he didn't seem to notice. Maybe he really thought it was Ahreum and he was trying to win her back. It was almost lunchtime but not wanting to stay at the company, Jinhee decided to head over to Lotteria across the street. She could just hear Miss Shim reprimanding her for her choice of food but honestly right now, she couldn't care less.

L: Caught you chubs. Where are you heading to?
J: You're here?!
L: Walking with Miss Shim. I'll meet you in abit okay
J: I don't want to eat with you bye

Myungsoo stared at her last message and wondered what the hell was wrong with Jinhee. She was silent for the whole week and now she doesn't want to eat lunch with him? Maybe she's having her period she thought. He grabbed his black cab and crossed the street, seeing Jinhee carrying her tray up to the second level and choosing a corner seat. She looked tired and worn out, what is wrong with her?

"Yah, what's with your face" Myungsoo asked as he took the seat opposite of Jinhee. She didn't look up, concentrated on playing Frozen on her phone.

"I'm just tired. So what brings you here today?" Jinhee replied monotonously.

"Erm. Well... We're preparing for our new album.. Oh that reminds me! Remember that song writer girl?"

"Yeah what about her? Have you fallen for her as well?" Her question caught him off guard, Jinhee wasn't herself.

"What?! No! She's starting at ANA tomorrow. President Wook brought her in. You should've seen Producer Seo's face getting all mad because he used her song!"

"Her songs are quite good actually, listened to them myself. Producer Seo must be shaking"

"You always aren't fond of him are you"

"He's a douchebag"

"But he's a douchebag who writes good songs for me"

Jinhee didn't reply him and continued eating, still not looking up at him. She was in the process of throwing her feelings out but if he keeps being around her like this, it was going to be hard. After that wrong kiss she knew Myungsoo would never be hers no matter how hard she tried. He was always going to see her as a little sister. She thought it would be best if she just started playing that role. Everybody would be happy that way.

"Jinhee, are you okay? Did something happen during training?"

"Nope, all is good. I'm just tired juggling training and my job at the dance school"

"Why are you still working there? You're going to debut anytime soon.."

"It doesn't look like my debut is coming soon Myungsoo. I'm just keeping my options open"

"Your mom's birthday is this Saturday right? Let's go celebrate!"

"We've booked tickets to Jeju. Sorry"

"Oh... Well, let's go eat dinner on Friday then"

"I'm working, but you could bring her out if you want"

"Are you mad at me or something? You haven't even looked at me once eversince I came here"

She sighed and looked at him in the eye. Jinhee was afraid of her own feelings. Having Myungsoo across of her used to make her so happy but now she didn't want any of it. Jinhee was tired of hiding her feelings. That kiss just confirmed everything Jinhee was afraid of. 

"I'm sorry, you know that time of the month..." Jinhee tried to smile sheepishly even though her period was long over.

"Phew! I knew it! Don't scare me like that chubs!"

"Dinner on Friday okay? I'll tell Omma..."

"Assa!" Myungsoo said happily and pinched Jinhee's cheeks. Even if his whole world was crumbling down, he knew he could always lean on Jinhee. 

(Jinhee's omma birthday dinner)

"You're not wearing your famous black cap today?" Jinhee said as she opened her front door. Myungsoo looked dazed.

"I bumped into Se Na.. My fans were trying to hurt her.. So.. Thought she might need it more than I do.." She felt a tug on her heart but kept quiet and just nodded her head. After the video Rae Hoon played everyone knew about the slap.

"Omo Myungsoo ah you're here!!!" Omma greeted him happily and pulled him into a hug. "Ji Young ah, look who's here!"

"Hey there kiddo!" Ji Young winked and hugged the boy.

"Where's Appa?" Myungsoo asked the three women.

"Right here my boy. Look at you, all blonde and still handsome!" Appa's voice boomed from and the two men hugged.

Dinner was a happy occassion, Myungsoo was comfortable with her family. Throughout dinner Jinhee remained silent and only laughed when she was meant to. Trainings were making her even more annoyed and she didn't want to talk about it with anyone. Myungsoo was doing good. Ji Young was doing good. Even Minah who had absolutely no talent had all the producers backing her up. What is this bull.

"Are you dating anyone right now Myungsoo?" Appa asked as he handed out desserts.

"Aniyo..." Myungsoo replied quietly.

"Ah that's right! Jinhee, do you want to get to know Jackson? I'm sure you'd like him!" Ji Young said happily, remembering that her sister as a fan of GOT7 and she had the privilege of performing with him the other time and found him rather charming.

"MWO?!" Myungsoo and Jinhee asked at the same time. Myungsoo felt weird hearing another guy's name used in the same sentence as Jinhee's It was always Myungsoo and Jinhee.

"Ji Young, don't scare your sister like that. She hasn't even debut yet!" Omma tried to calm the situation down. She knew her daughter's heart even though she tried to hide it.

"Was just a suggestion.. Haha. Mianhe baby sis. But really, if you want to get to know him better, tell me!" She winked.

"N... Ne... Thanks?"

After dinner was over, Myungsoo asked if he could bring Jinhee out for awhile. Jinhee didn't want to head out, she was feeling bipolar. One moment she wanted to be by his side then another moment she wanted to just get away from him. The pair settled on a playground nearby and sat at the swings. When Myungsoo was still a trainee they used to hang around this playground alot, venting out their anger or practicing their vocals.

"You're not seriously going to consider about Jackson right?" Myungsoo suddenly asked, surprising himself.

"It doesn't sound like a bad idea huh..."

"Mwo? Yah.. Didn't you say you were going to end up with Rain sunbaenim?" He stammered a little.

"That's just a fangirl dream"

"Yeah... Are you prepared for the monthly review next Thursday?"

"Aren't i always prepared? Your Se Na is joining as well isn't she?"

"She isn't my Se Na. Stop saying that. But yeah, wonder why President Wook is so protective of her..."

"She has talent..."

Jinhee closed her eyes and started swinging. Her dream seemed to far away right now, like it was impossible to reach. She wasn't looking forward to the monthly review since she knew how her results were going to be. Plus she didn't get as much lines as Minah. Why should she try so hard to impress them? Maybe it was really time to leave ANA Entertainment and find something else.

"Yah Baek Jinhee, you're going too fast!" Myungsoo raised his voice.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE AN IDOL ANYMORE. YOU ANA ENTERTAINMENT!" Jinhee screamed and jumped out of the swings, landing on her knees and scraping it. Tears were raging to fall.

"M.. Mwo? What did you say?" Myungsoo quickly rushed over to her side, her knees were starting to bleed. "Yah, are you crazy? You could've been badly hurt!"

"I'm fine" Jinhee wiped her tears away and asked him to help her up.

"Wait here, I'll head over to the - "

"Don't. Let's just head home" Jinhee replied tiredly.

"What's wrong? What happened? Why are you giving up on being an idol?"

"Just send me home Myungsoo.. I'm tired.."

(Monthly review day)

"So you're saying the girl that you bring was in the best? And the rest of the trainees are crap?" Producer Seo asked President Wook he was looking calm and relaxed. Se Na just finished performing and President Wook was praising her. Jinhee hung in the back feeling like she was about to faint. She only got to sing three lines and got shut down by just about everyone.

"You were quiet throughout the review and know because your girl performed you're praising her?" Manager Kim backed him up.

"Fine. Let me go through each of them then. You five, find a concept of your own, stop copying other groups. Jinwoo, your voice is good but it is exactly the same like Jason Mraz, find your own style. Lana, your voice needs more passion. You three, where's the teamwork. And Minah, i'm sorry but you have no talent. And your partner, Jinhee is it? Could you come up front?"

Jinhee froze and walked slowly to the front. Nobody has ever called her to the front. She was meant to let Minah shine. She was afraid Minah would hate her now.

"N... Ne?" She asked trying to calm herself.

"Why were you only given three lines?" President Wook asked.

"I.... Well...." Jinhee struggled to find the answer. How could she say it was all Producer Seo's idea and that Minah was the President's daughter, HIS younger sister.

"She can't sing that well" Producer Seo answered for her.

"Then why is she a trainee here? Let me hear you sing"

"We don't have time President Wook"

"You seem nervous. Go on Jinhee, pick a song..."

"Hyun Wook! Stop this nonsense. That girl can't sing!" His mother exclaimed from the back. She would do anything to make sure Minah would debut, nobody should know Jinhee could outshin everyone in this room, besides Se Na.

Jinhee lowered her head and went back to her spot at the back of the room. Minah's oppa was President Wook and even he agreed that Minah has no talent, but she guessed he couldn't fight against his parents who insist that Minah can debut as a singer. Jinhee was just a tool for them.

L: How did it go?
J: Good
L: See, you can do it! You'll debut in no time!
J: Are you here?
L: Yeah, President Wook wants to see us
J: Okay, see you in abit, i'll be in the practice room

Se Na found it weird Jinhee was given so little lines and how people brushed off the fact that she couldn't sing when she didn't even have the chance to showcase her talents properly. Minah even forgot all her lyrics Jinhee had to whisper them to her! Out of all her time being here, she found that Jinhee was close with Myungsoo and wondered how does she even handle an obnoxious brat like him. She also found out that Jinhee mostly kept to herself, not talking to other trainees or the staffs there. But today she looked exceptionally defeated, Se Na couldn't help but feel bad for her.

Jinhee walked into the practice room and sat on the floor, pulling her knees up to her chin. She was starting to feel helpless.

"Chubs...?" It was Myungsoo. Se Na caught sight of the two of them and lingered outside. She was curious of their friendship.

"I want to be alone Myungsoo"

"Wae? What happened? Why are you crying?"

"GO AWAY MYUNGSOO!" Jinhee pushed him hard and ran out the door. She felt bad treating him this way. She wanted to turn around but when she did, Se Na was already there helping him up. Myungsoo was such a girl magnet.