8 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

Five more shows and Jinhee would be done with the musical. She would be saying goodbye to the practices, late night suppers with the casts and the adrenaline she felt everytime before she went up on stage. Ever since the musical, offers from entertainment companies have been pouring to get her to debut under them. This was one of those times she needed Myungsoo by her side, weighing the options with him. But he wasn't in sight. He was probably busy prepping for his stage on A Song For You.

The nagging feeling she had came back when Ji Young told her Myungsoo did come for the first show, but disappeared right before they got to see her. She wanted to call him and demanded answers but on the other hand she just wanted Myungsoo to stay away if he was so selfish and only considered his own feelings. When did things get so hard? Was it when she decided to blurt out her feelings? Was she supposed to just supress it and carry it to her grave?

"Jinhee? You okay?" Junho asked as he got her a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks oppa. Yeah, I am..." They were at the dance studio again, even though Jinhee already knew the dance steps by heart there was no harm in practicing right? 

"Maybe you should take a break. You don't look so well..."

"N.. No it's okay. I can do it.. Where were we?"

Jinhee and Junho continued on practicing for two more hours before Junho had to go for another schedule. Jinhee stayed on not knowing where to head to. Usually she could just call Myungsoo to hang out but she couldn't do that now could she. She laid on the cold hard floor on pondered over the offers she had. NBA called her up to model with Song Jihyo for their Autumn/Winter collection and she agreed on that on the spot. Jihyo was one of her role models besides her sister.

"Yob... Yobseyo?" Jinhee answered her phone seeing Miss Shim name appear on her screen.

"Jinhee ah odisseo? Could we talk?"

"Y.. Yeah sure..."

"Come by the cafe nearby the company. I'll see you in 20 minutes"

That was weird, why would Miss Shim want to meet up with her. Atleast she didn't ask to the go to company directly - she didn't want to bump into Myungsoo no matter how much she was missing him right now. This was all part and parcel of moving on. Not wanting to waste any time, Jinhee washed up and got ready to make herself atleast presentable and headed out to the cafe. Miss Shim was late and Jinhee was already about to leave after one hour of waiting but she arrived at the last minute. She apologized half-heartedly and handed over a package.

"Wh.. What's this?" Jinhee asked taking the package nevertheless.

"It's a bunch of presents Myungsoo's fans sent but he can't keep it"

"W... Wae? And why do I need to take this?"

"Because it's couple items for him and you. We don't want this lying around the company. Do you know bad it looks like if he has a scandal right now?"

"Mwo?"

"Keep it or throw it I don't care. Myungsoo's not keeping it so you better discard it properly. Honestly I don't know why some of his fans are supportive of you two. Don't they know you guys are just like siblings?"

"We. Are. Not. Siblings" Jinhee muttered while glaring at Miss Shim. No wonder her nickname was Witch. She was a total in fact.

"Give it up Jinhee, Myungsoo will never look at you that way. And you know that"

"Speak for yourself Miss Shim. Even after President Wook's girlfriend he still hasn't taken any interest in you!"

"Why you little - " She raised her hand but was stopped. It was President Wook.

"Shin Hae Yoon!" His voice was the most scary Jinhee has ever heard.

"Op.... Oppa..."

"Jinhee, i'm terribly sorry... Have anything, it's on the house" And with that, he dragged Miss Shim out. Jinhee slumped in her seat and stared at the package infront of her. Was it a good idea to look through the things? She scoffed at the thought of some fans shipping them, usually they would already hunt her down or something. Taking out her phone she scrolled through her IG - the last photo taken with Myungsoo was few months back, at the Infinite Power album party. Jinhee sighed and pressed #2 - Myungsoo was on her speed dial.

After five rings she hung up, Myungsoo usually answered on the third ring. Maybe he was just busy she thought. Gathering her things and the package, she left the cafe and drove off not knowing where she was heading to.

Jinhee arrived at a neighbourhood about 30 minutes away from the company - this must be where President Wook was staying she guessed since it was the only village nearest to the company. And from alot of conversations she's heard - there was only one village 30 minutes away from here. She got down and walked towards a minimart - maybe a chocolate would cheer her up a little. To be honest she didn't know what she was expecting to fnd her - there was some peace in not knowing where she was at and what to expect.

"Yoon Se Na?" Jinhee whispered to herself when she saw a sad-looking Se Na walking fast, to god knows where. Feeling bad for the girl, Jinhee decided to follow but felt scared as well, maybe Se Na didn't want her presence?

Jinhee followed, keeping her distance - she just wanted to make sure she was safe and wouldn't do anything stupid. Did Myungsoo hurt her or something? Maybe his words were too harsh. Maybe, maybe Jinhee shouldn't in at all.... Because what was infront of her eyes was something she clearly did not want to see ever again.

Myungsoo was there - in a flesh, infront of her. Right infront of Se Na. He stopped her dead in her tracks and seemed worried, asking what was wrong. This was why he wasn't answering her calls? When Se Na didnt' answer and continued looking down and started crying. Myungsoo did the one thing Jinhee would have never expected him to do. He brought Se Na into her arms, hugging her tight and letting her cry on his shoulders. Even Jinhee didn't have that privilege. Myungsoo always panicked when she cried.

Her heart clenched as her own tears started to gather in her eyes. She wanted to turn but her feet wouldn't move. She wanted to look away but her eyes were fixed on Myungsoo's. And then he looked up. Their eyes met. Jinhee quickly turned and ran as fast as she could back to her car. This was it. The sign she has been waiting for. What's not meant to be yours, you have to let go. There's no point in trying to fix things now.

Myungsoo watched Jinhee run away and froze. I'm so sorry Jinhee he said to himself as he tried to comfort Se Na instead.