1 - HSL

He's So Lovable [HIATUS // WRITER'S BLOCK]

Baek Jinhee stared at the computer screen, watching reruns of Running Man - her elder sister Baek Ji Young was a guest on it. That was her dream, her life goal - to be exactly like her sister. She was beginning to think she wasn't as good as her sister, why was it taking so long for her to debut anyway? Maybe it was a mistake in deciding to join ANA Entertainment, Jinhee only joined because her sister was from there. But now since she was doing quite well, she's long left the agency, leaving Jinhee all alone. 

Once the episode ended, Jinhee closed her laptop and laid flat on her bed, staring at the ceiling above her. It was Sunday today, there was training but she told her mom she wasn't going. She was halfway contemplating on giving up her dream. It was tiring to see her other friends debuting but she kept getting ignored, or maybe her talent wasn't shining through. But Jinhee knew she was making up excuses, she knew she was good at what she does - her voice could easily hit all the high notes just as how Baek Ji Young could do it. Only she has never been given the opportunity to do so since she was always paired up with ANA Entertainment President's daughter, Lee Minah.

*unnie~u've got a message!*

L: Yah pabo, odisseo? Aren't you supposed to be here for training?
J: Well excuse me Mr Idol, you're not my manager. And im sick. *cough cough*
L: You know you're a bad liar?
J: Wae? What do you want now?
L: I'm bored, wnna have lunch?
J: It's Ahreum isn't it.....
L: Tha't's why you're my best chingu! You know me so well. I'll come pick you up okay? ^^

Jinhee sighed and lazily got up from her bed and headed over to her vanity. Kim Myungsoo or better known as L, was her good friend during his trainee days. She was glad he still kept in contact even though he was one of the popular idols right now. But sometimes she wished they didn't know each other. Jinhee has been crushing on him for the longest time she was afraid she was going to crack anytime soon if Myungsoo keeps babbling about Yoo Ahreum. Ahreum was famous for being a playgirl, jumping from company to company and there were rumours floating she'd do just about anything to get that solo, dress, shoe or even be on the cover of that magazine.She shuddered at that thought, hoping she wouldn't have to 'pimp' herself to reach her dreams.

Ahreum being the girl she is, couldn't stand just having attention from one person. She's been going back and forth between Myungsoo and his bandmate, Rae Hoon. Jinhee went full out angry bird mode on Myungsoo when he told her about it but he didn't heed any of her advise, still hoping Ahreum would choose him. That's bloody stupid.

"Omma, Myungsoo's coming to pick me up!" Jinhee shouted from her room as she changed into a plain white tee and skinnies.

"Omo! Ask him to have lunch here then!"

"Don't treat him so nice! He's not your son-in-law, tsk tsk!" She muttered the last part to herself. Omma was fond of Myungsoo, mainly because his own mother was far way, he took comfort in having Jinhee's omma near him.

About 30 minutes later, there was a honk outside the door and Jinhee rushed out, hurriedly saying goodbye to Omma and walked out to his car. Everytime she saw him, he still manages to make her heart skip a beat - even if he was wearing simple clothing. When Jinhee entered the car, Myungsoo was looking pissed - which was becoming quite frequent these days and it worried Jinhee alot. She'd do anything to have her bubbly and easy-going friend back.

"You okay? Need me to drive?" Jinhee asked as Myungsoo started the engine again.

"It's okay, i'm fine"

"You're a bad liar too. Anyway, where we heading to?"

"I feel like having pancakes at Sinchon. You okay with that?"

"Anything your Highness..."

It was a short drive from her house to the pancakes shop at Sinchon, so the journey was quiet throughout. Jinhee could tell Myungsoo was trying to keep her cool so she decided not to say anything, they'd talk at when they eat pancakes later. Even though it was a Sunday, not many people knew about the shop - the shop owner greeted the pair, they were regulars and took their usual seat at the back. They had all the privacy they needed, especially for Myungsoo. It didn't help when he wore a cap to cover his face, anyone who knew him could tell it was him. It was kinda easy for Jinhee to be seen around Myungsoo since he's practically told the whole world they were very good friends and he treated her like a younger sister, which she wasn't happy about at all.

"The usual yeah?" The owner asked.

"Yup, gomawo ahjumma" Myungsoo replied and smiled sweetly to her. Turning to Jinhee, "So why weren't you in training today?"

"Aren't we hear to discuss about your problems? Not mine?" Jinhee replied irritatedly. 

"Whoa, someone's angsty"

"So are you going to tell me or not?"

"Fine. Ahreum... Is hooking up with Rae Hoon again"

"Well that's nothing new, no offence. And i'm guessing you're still not on good terms with your other 3 members huh" She asked cautiously, knowing it was super sensitive subject.

"We're on civil terms. So, what should i do? Why does she like Rae Hoon anyway? Since you're a girl, let me ask you. Can you see why Ahreum chose Rae Hoon over me?" Myungsoo looked kinda sad Jinhee almost wanted to just give him a bear hug, but she knew better - he didn't like those kind of physical contact.

"Not all girls are the same Myungsoo. If you ask me, I'd never choose Rae Hoon...There's just something off about him. But Ahreum being the way she is, she needs every guys attention on her to feed her ing big ego. Oh, thanks ahjumma, these look yummy, as usual!" Jinhee said quickly when their orders were being served.

"Is it bad if i make her choose?"

"No, it should be - Is Ahreum even worth it for you to go through all this?"

"You're mean Jinhee. You're just saying this cause you aren't friends with Ahreum"

"FYI, she doesn't have any yeoja friends. And second, girls like her are never the settle down type. I don't get it why nice guys like you choose to go after her" She replied in between mouthfuls, fighting the urge to scream her heads off to Myungsoo. Why was he so clueless sometimes?

"Okay let's not talk about this anymore. Are you free this coming Friday? It's our celebratory party for the album..." Myungsoo asked and took in the sight of Jinhee enjoying her pancakes happily. Jinhee was a nice girl, he was glad he at least had someone to count on.

"Are you asking me to be your date?" She asked cheekily. Myungsoo thinks her eye smile and dimple were his favourite features of her, but he would never tell that to her.

"Erm.. Well.. Ahreum.."

"Got it. Don't worry, you know i'm always there for you right?" Jinhee covered up quickly. "Time and place?"

"I know i can count on you! It starts at 9pm.. At Rendezvous Hotel. I'll pass the invite to you when you come tomorrow for training alright?"

(Celebratory Party for Infinite Power Album)

L: Where are you? We're on our way to the hotel
J: I'm here already you dumbwit. Sheesh why are you so worried if Ahreum is your date?
L: I like to see a familiar & comforting face when I reach..
J: Baek Jinhee, your comfort zone huh
L: See you in abit chubs! ^^

Jinhee walked around the pub, waiting for time to pass till Myungsoo reach. The pub was packed with VIP fans and ANA Entertainment's staff, trainees and VIPs. She had long gone given up to try and get to know the upper management ever since she was paired up with Minah. She felt like her life was slowly ing her over, and she didn't know how to set things right. Minah was a nice girl, and Jinhee like her as a person, but day by day it seemed like Minah was the biggest obstacle standing in between Jinhee and her dream.

Not long after, screams could be heard at the entrance and Jihee knew it was the idols coming down. Everyone else rushed down to get a glimpse but Jinhee stayed behind, reserving a seat for Myungsoo at one of the VIP tables and ordered their drinks. She remembered to get Ahreum's favorite drink as well, not wanting to piss her off infront of Myungsoo.

"Heyyyyyyy Baek Jinhee!" Rae Hoon and his two loyal sidekicks Daeyeol & Sungyoon.

"Rae Hoon" Jinhee replied curtly and tried to smile as nicely as she could.

"Waiting for your boyfriend?" Sungyoon chuckled.

"No"

"You're no fun. No wonder Myungsoo sees you like a sister. Hah. See you around loser" Rae Hoon said a little too harshly and left her alone to ponder over his words. It hurt a little but she tried to ignore it. She liked her friendship with Myungsoo eventhough sometimes she craved for something more.

"Jinhee!" She heard a voice and turned to her right, it was Myungsoo - Ahreum was not with him. Weird.

"I ordered your drinks already.. Where's...?" 

"Molla. Said she was on the way. I'll call her in abit.."

"How was the fansigning?" 

"Was okay. One fan made a collage of us out of all the Instagram pictures you took of us. So cute, she thought we were a couple haha. You keep that okay" Myungsoo didn't catch her look. She was flattered someone made that for them, but was disappointed Myungsoo just brushed it off.

"Oh. Sure.."

"She's here! Ahreum!" Myungsoo tried to call but she didn't hear him. Her eyes were fixed on someone on the dance floor - Rae Hoon. Jinhee watched Myungsoo getting disappointed watching her walk over to his leader, and getting all cosy and intimate.

"Do... Do you want to go somewhere else?" Jinhee tried to distract him.

"No"

Myungsoo's eyes never left Ahreum and Rae Hoon, not even for a second. He ordered drinks after drinks and ignored Jinhee's pleas to stop. She almost wanted to drag Ahreum to their seat just so he would stop drinking. Anytime now his attitude would do a 360 degree change. It was making her mad Myungsoo was doing this to himself. Jinhee was pissed at everything right now - for not having the courage to say her true feelings to him, mad because he was ing clueless about her feelings and then not being able to debut, everything was coming at her. She got up to head to the ladies - he didn't even turn to ask where she was going.

Not being able to take it anymore, Myungsoo got up and staggered over to the dancefloor, trying to get to Ahreum. She was surprised to see him and even more surprised when she was being dragged out by her wrist. She hasn't seen this side of him before. 

"WHAT MYUNGSOO!" Ahreum practically screamed when they were outside.

"What the do you think you're doing!"

"Dancing of course.. Why? Can't i dance?"

"Not with Rae Hoon!"

"Get over yourself Myungsoo. There was never an us in the first place. You're just making up your own fantasies. You and I, we're nothing. Arasso?!"

Ahreum glared at Myungsoo, a warning not to follow her back into the pub. He was stunned beyond words, evil was not a good word to describe Ahreum. She was vicious and cunning, why didn't he listen to Jinhee in the first place? Speaking of Jinhee, he took out his phone to call her - realizing that he didn't know where she was. But at the corner of his eye, he felt someone was looking. He turned and a girl around his age or slightly younger tried to look away and drag her trolley - was she a staff at this hotel?

"YAH! You over there!" Myungsoo called and walked over to the person quickly. He read her name tag, "Yoon Se Na? You're a worker here?"

"N.. Ne.. Don't worry, i didn't hear anything just now. I got to go" She said hurriedly, trying to get away.

"Not so fast. How do i know you didn't record any of that?"

"I didn't! My phone is not with me!" Se Na tried to defend herself. All she wanted to do was slip her self-composed CD to one of ANA's prodcuers. But she couldn't seem to get close enough to any of them. And now she was stuck here with one of their most top artists.

Myungsoo didn't believe the girl before him and tried to look around, trying to find a phone or any type of recording device. He flipped over the cloth covering her trolley and discovered her cd. He picked it up and smirked, knowing what her intention was.

"You want to pass this to someone don't you?" He asked, she was looking quite nervous at this point of time.

"N.. Ne.. But give it back. I'll find a way myself"

"I can help" He smirked and walked back to the pub, bringing her cd along with him. He wasn't thinking straight, it must be the alcohol. She wanted people to listen to her song right? He was going to make sure everyone listened. Se Na was calling him trying to stop him but he shut her out and walked straight to the DJ Booth.

"Myungsoo!" Jinhee called trying to grab his arm but he walked right past her. "Aish this pabo what is he trying to do?!"

"Yeorebun, someone wanted you to listen to this" Myungsoo snickered before hitting the play button.

Anneyeohaseyo, Yoo Se Na imnida. I'm an aspiring song writer. My first song is about a girl who lost...

Se Na went up to the DJ booth and slapped Myungsoo's face, hard. She wanted people to listen but no in this manner. Everything went silent. Feeling even more pissed and embarassed, she walked out quickly just wanting to get away from everything.

"YAH! SONG WRITER!" Myungsoo shouted, with Jinhee following closely behind. He was beyond drunk now.

"GO AWAY! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING THAT?" Se Na shouted back.

"ME? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HITTING ME LIKE THAT!" Myungsoo was about to raise his hand on her but Jinhee came immediately and stopped him.

"Sorry, he's drunk.. I'll pass along your CD to the producer.." Jinhee said quickly, wrapping her arms tightly around Myungsoo. He couldn't stop fidgeting.

Se Na looked at the girl then back to Myungsoo. She muttered a quick thank you the girl and walked away quickly wondering how come Myungsoo didn't just go to that girl instead of being with Ahreum? Weirdo.

"LET GO OF ME JINHEE!"

"Stop this Myungsoo. Let's go home okay? You're drunk..." Jinhee was on the verge of tears but she didn't know why. She didn't understand anything.

" OFF! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"We're going home" She said angrily and dragged Myungsoo out to the carpark. He was about to pass out soon.

Jinhee drove over to his dorm angrily, her tears flowing non-stop. She couldn't take this anymore. Always having to take all these blows from him and he has never once appreciated her help. She was determined to throw away all her feelings for him. 

Once they reached his dorm, Jinhee unbuckled her seatbelt followed by his, he was already fast asleep. She carefully opened his door and placed his arm over his shoulder. It was even harder to help him up since he was wasted. Myungsoo was mumbling some alien language and then his tears started falling. That was all it took to shake up Jinhee's feelings again. She couldn't bear to leave him alone. 

"Puke...." Myungsoo managed to say out and Jinhee quickly brought him to the toilet, and rubbed his back as he puked all his contents out. This wasn't the first time.

When he was done, Jinhee helped wash his face and brushed his teeth. Knowing Myungsoo would be pissed if he found out he slept in his previous night's clothes, she prepared a pail of warm water and removed his top, careful not to stare at his abs. Grabbing a cloth she placed it in the pail then started wiping Myungsoo's body slowly. He was fast asleep by then. Feeling more akward to remove his bottom, she helped him put on his pajama top and closed her eyes as she pulled his pants down, he was wearing only his boxers now. Jinhee stopped to control her heart then quickly got it over and done with, then helped him to wear his pyjama bottom.

Myungsoo looked peaceful like this, like everything was going well for him Jinhee thought as she sat down by his side, his face. Getting ahead of herself, Jinhee placed her face directly infront of his, hoping he would open his eyes and see her.

He did.

"Ahreum..." He croaked out then kissed her lightly on the lips. Jinhee didn't move. This was their first kiss, but Myungsoo still couldn't see her.