gaming

jogging in the cold

    “Seulgi-yah,” Irene calls out softly from the doorway.

 

Seulgi looks up from the game on her phone and smiles at her invitingly. “Hey, unni. What’s up?”

 

Irene steps into the room and stands idly by Seulgi’s bedside, fingers toying with her sleeves and bottom lip caught between her teeth. Seulgi tilts her head and waits patiently for Irene to work up the courage to ask her whatever it is she wanted to ask. “Can you teach me how to play that game? The Super SM game you played at the event today,” Irene clarifies and Seulgi’s surprised. Irene has always found the most exciting things mundane and the most mundane things exciting; games- let alone fast-paced games such as this one- are exactly the things that are not in Irene’s area of expertise. Seulgi wonders what brought this on.

 

“Are you sure?” Seulgi clicks off her phone and in the silence that follows the fading of the game’s background music, Irene nods, a bit more firm than timid. “Okay.” And with that, Irene clambers into Seulgi’s bed and into Seulgi’s unready embrace.

 

Irene fidgets for a moment before settling in, arm thrown around Seulgi’s waist, head pressed into the crook between Seulgi’s neck and shoulder, thigh pressed against Seulgi’s. It’s the delight Irene takes in this moment that makes Seulgi realizes with a small grin that Irene’s not really here to learn how to play the game, but rather, she’s here for Seulgi. Cute, Seulgi thinks to herself, making sure to tug Irene a little closer.

 

“I’m really bad at this, aren’t I?” Irene asks once she finishes playing the first game and the game is actually booing at how bad she did.

 

“Nah,” Seulgi replies easily. “We all have to start somewhere.” She flourishes the statement with a reassuring smile, but truthfully she was really holding back a wince. Because Irene did horrible. More than horrible. Seulgi had picked the easiest song on the easiest level which Seulgi is pretty sure she could play blindfolded. With her toes. With one toe. She’s even pretty sure she could continuously smash her face against the screen of her phone and still manage to score better than Irene did. Seulgi bites back another sigh as Irene fails to pass the song for the third time. She should’ve known better than to expect anything but complete and utter failure from Irene when it comes to anything related to technology.

 

But Seulgi’s an optimist- or at least she tries to be- and instead focuses on how cute Irene looks when she’s concentrating. Bright eyes, furrowed brows, bottom lip held firmly between her teeth. It’s cute and Seulgi thinks she’d rather stare at Irene than look at the train wreck of the game she knows Irene is playing, partially because it’s practically in Irene’s genetics to at games and partially from the fact that she’s hearing more of the noise when an error is made than the actual song.

 

Then Irene pouts when the game is over and Seulgi finds herself pulling the phone away from the older girl and pressing a soft kiss behind her ear. Irene lets out a small noise of protest but soon quiets when Seulgi maneuvers her to lay down on the bed and Seulgi on top of her. “You’re really cute when you get frustrated, unni,” Seulgi smiles down at her, arms braced on either side of Irene’s head.

 

“But the game,” Irene breathes out, blinking rapidly. Seulgi can see the blush rising from Irene’s neck and leans down to follow its movement with a trail of teasing kisses.

 

“Are you saying you’d rather play the game than make out with me?” Seulgi mumbles, her lips brushing against Irene’s collarbones. Irene’s soft ‘no’ is cut off when she feels Seulgi’s teeth scrape gently against the skin of her neck and is barely able to hold back the moan threatening to escape from . Seulgi grins victoriously to herself, but really, with how well Seulgi kisses (among her many other talents), she knows Irene’s the real winner here.

 
A/N: It ended a bit too abruptly for my liking but I don't think I could've finished this well without going into territory. And I am.. not ready for that. O////O