jogging in the cold

jogging in the cold

    Seulgi closes the door to their dorm behind her with a soft click before leaning her back against it, out of breath. The white puffs that appeared in the cold autumn morning dissipates into soft exhales in the warmth of the apartment. Seulgi slouches against the door for a moment to catch her breath, white bursting behind closed eyelids with every inhale. Exhale. She pushes herself off of the door and nudges her running shoes into the ever-growing pile of sponsored shoes laying in a corner near the door.

 

    It’s cold. Even though she can feel her body still heating up from the exertion and the warmth of the heater swirling all around her, it’s cold. The numbness grasps the tips of her fingers, tingling upwards into her arms and down her spine. It holds fast in the soles of her feet as she pads across the heated floorboards and into their shared bedroom. It’s always cold.

 

    The idol tugs her hair out of its messy ponytail and slips off her shirt before tossing it into the laundry basket. She misses. She stops in front of her bed, contemplatively pausing mid-step for a couple of moments, before continuing past it and slides into Joy’s. Joy gently shifts in her sleep as her bed dips from the sudden weight before she blearily opens her eyes.

 

    The girl shoots Seulgi a sleepy smile and brings up her comforter, enveloping Seulgi wholly in it. “Hey,” Joy croaks out. Her voice cracks and is clearly not the bright and clear timbre it usually is when she’s fully awake. Seulgi likes it. (Maybe a bit too much.) “How was your jog?”

 

    “Cold,” comes Seulgi’s simple reply.

 

    “You’re always cold,” Joy notes, rolling her eyes. But still, she tugs Seulgi closer and shares her warmth with the older girl. “Better?” Joy questions, rubbing her hand up and down Seulgi’s arm, going progressively faster. But soon she tires, and ultimately stops, warm hand softly perched on the cold skin of Seulgi’s arm. Seulgi grins slightly at her cute attempts and gives a small nod. “Good,” the younger girl mumbles out, nuzzling her face into her pillow.

 

    Seulgi lifts up Joy’s arm and slips under it, into her embrace. The younger girl crinkles her nose. “You smell,” she whines cutely, eyes now closed.

 

    “Yeah?” Seulgi laughs softly, burrowing impossibly closer in Joy’s arms. Her hand slips up into Joy’s shirt, smoothing against the warm skin of her back.

 

    “Yeah,” Joy says, voice fading out from sleepiness. She tightens her hold on Seulgi and readjusts herself.“You’re lucky I love you,” she murmurs, and Seulgi can feel Joy’s soft lips brushing against her forehead.

 

    “Yeah,” Seulgi softly replies, drowsy from the warmth. She shifts slightly to nuzzle her face into the crook of Joy’s neck and smiles to herself. It’s not cold.

 

    “But seriously, go shower. You stink.”

 

    “Sooyoung, stop. You’re ruining the moment.”

 
A/N: I somewhat started to ship Joy and Seulgi? I have no idea how it happened but they're super cute together and whatever. Written as a way to destress because midterm week completely blindsided me. I have an essay due and an exam to take- both tomorrow- and I have done absolutely nothing, so please pray for my grades. They're about to be massacred.