butts and abs and all of the above

jogging in the cold

Wendy sighs and slouches forward, leaning heavily onto her flute. “Are you still staring at the cheer captain?” a voice asks, breaking Wendy out of her trance. She looks up to see Joy, her junior, standing above her. “I know she’s hot and all but seriously, unni,” Joy advises, “chill.”

 

“You haven’t seen Seulgi’s flex in that tight skirt! But I have! And I’ve seen the light, Joy!” Wendy proclaims. “Never can I go back to Nine Muses and their moderately flat butts ever again!”

 

Joy looks at Seulgi, standing statuesque at the top of a cheer formation. She squints hard. “What ?” Wendy lets out a strangled noise, offended, and her hand automatically comes up to smack Joy upside the head.

 

“What are you doing here anyways?” Wendy suddenly asks. “I thought drumline had practice right now.”

 

“It does,” Joy mumbles out hesitantly, eyes flickering to the side for a spare millisecond.

 

Wendy’s eagle eyes follow the movement just in time to see the y and totally-not-wild band director flip her gorgeous hair through the air. Someone in the vicinity faints. Wendy gasps, “Bae?!”

 

Joy nods, eyes glazed over. “Yes she is.”

 

Wendy’s arm raises upward in reflex and Joy flinches back. Her hand slowly lowers back down. “But seriously, Director Bae?” They both look over to the elusive Bae Joohyun just in time to see her tousle her hair with a cutely frustrated look on her face. A few more people in the vicinity collapse, their last dying breaths fogging up their thick, unfashionable glasses.

 

“Yeah, why not?” Joy shrugs in an attempt at nonchalance. It fails when Wendy can obviously see Joy “surreptitiously” sneaking out her phone to take a picture of Irene’s . Wendy snorts. Joy might as well take a picture of empty air because that’s all she’s going to get.

 

“Then you’re more delusional than I am,” Wendy says. “At least if I get into a relationship with Seulgi, it wouldn’t be illegal!” Joy sputters angrily and is about to argue back when Seulgi decided to lift her shirt up to wipe the sweat from her face, revealing her glorious, glorious abs for all the world to see, and all is lost to Wendy. “Wow,” Wendy wheezes out.

 

“Do you need me to get you your inhaler?” Joy asks seriously.

 

Wendy responds in the negative, head still high in the clouds. “I just want to run my hand through her ribbon-clad hair and do censored things with her.”

 

“And that’s my cue to leave before I drown in your drool,” Joy announces. Her eyes locked with the band director’s-who happens to be looking in their direction for some reason- and she manages to shoot her an eyesmile. Irene quickly looks away and Wendy raises her eyebrow when she sees that the tips of Irene’s ears are red. Looks like the little brat has some game after all. Joy turns around and mouths “seduction eyes” with a triumphant look on her face.

 

Wendy’s eyebrows furrow together. “Joy, th-that’s not how seduction eyes work,” she fumbles out. Joy waves as she leaves, shooting Irene another eyesmile over her shoulder. The director’s ears practically glow behind her curtain of hair. “Joy, that’s illegal!” Wendy calls out to the younger girl’s fading figure.

 

._.

 

    Seulgi hears Wendy’s voice echo out across the field and her legs almost give out. Which would be a bad thing considering she’s some ten feet in the air right now. She jumps out of the formation once the cheer coach deems it satisfactory and her teammates catch her as she lands.

 

    “Your legs were shaking earlier,” Seolhyun, one of her teammates tell her. “Are you okay?”

 

    Before she could answer, Hyeri, another teammate and fellow senior cuts in, “She’s fine. But she probably thinks Wendy’s oh-so-husky voice is finer, right?” Hyeri asks, waggling her eyebrows in Seulgi’s direction.

 

    Seulgi glares at her, cheeks heating up. “Aren’t you supposed to be making out with the physics teacher in a supply closet somewhere?” she sneers.

 

    Before Hyeri could retort with something witty, Seolhyun interjects. “Who’s Wendy?”

 

    “She’s the band captain and Seulgi’s been in love with her ever since she saw her in the shower,” Hyeri informs, texting Sojin what time they should meet up in the supply closet to make out.

 

    “I’m not in love with her,” Seulgi explains to a confused Seolhyun. “I just think her abs are hot.”

 

    “So?” Hyeri counters. “You think my abs are hot too, but I don’t see you fondling yourself under the covers every time I whip off my shirt.”

 

“HYERI!” Seulgi cries out. “Stop talking or I swear to god, I will tweet those nudes you snapchatted me!” She then turns to Seolhyun, who’s been standing there with horrified wide eyes and a stiff smile frozen on her face. “It’s just a crush. Her voice is nice," Seulgi elaborates.

 

“But she doesn’t deny the other stuff I said,” Hyeri cackles. Seulgi elbows her in the chest.

._.

    “, sorry,” Wendy apologizes after slamming into someone and spilling her soda all over them. Her eyes bug out of her head once she realizes that the person she slammed into was none other than the magnificent queen, Kang Seulgi.

 

    “No worries,” Seulgi replies with a smile. She pats at her chest, checking if the soda had seeped in too deep. “I think my bra’s still dry.” Wendy nods and try not to think about how her underwear might not be. Seulgi takes off her shirt in one smooth motion in order to check if her bra really is still dry. Wendy drops her soda. If her underwear was dry before, it definitely isn’t now.

 

    “S-sorry,” Wendy stutters out, bright red and eyebrows fluttering all over the place.

 

Seulgi looks confused for a moment before everything clicks. She smirks. “For what?” she asks. Wendy’s finger tremble at the suggestive tone in her sultry voice. “Dropping your soda or spilling it all over me?”

 

“Both?” Wendy manages out, her voice lilting upwards at the end. She starts to sweat- she can feel it trailing down the back of her neck- and is glad that she decided to put on deodorant after practice today.

 

“There’s an ice cream shop that I really like,” Seulgi casually comments, slowly walking towards Wendy. The other girl backs away as much as she can before she hits the wall. Seulgi lightly presses her bra-clad chest against Wendy’s, a smirk on her face. Wendy breathes heavily as she locks eyes with Seulgi’s darkening ones. Maybe she should’ve accepted Joy’s offer for her inhaler. “You can make it up to me there,” Seulgi suggests. Wendy nods, never looking away, and Seulgi breaks out into a smile, eyes curving upwards. Yeah, she should’ve accepted Joy’s offer. “Great,” she grins. “Now let me just go get another shirt.”

 

Seulgi struts down the empty hallway clad in only black jeans and a lacy black bra, an entranced Wendy trailing after her. Eyes never leaving Seulgi’s backside, Wendy grins. Totally worth having an asthma attack over.


A/N: I wrote this while waiting up for Red Velvet's performance. It's kind of plotless. In other news, I'm writing this from the dead because Red Velvet totally slayed me. Especially Seulgi and her suit jacket that keeps on riding up and showing the world those glorious, glorious abs. But they should really take out that infant predebut boy because I don't need this. Red Velvet deserves better than being a platform to promote irrelevant trainees and cover up scandals.