pretenses

jogging in the cold

    Just after Seulgi looks into the camera and bites her spoon, the director yells a clear “Cut!” that rings through the diner. “Good job! Now let’s move on to Wendy’s scene next!” The filming crew quickly filters outside, along with Wendy and the two younger members who were still fascinated by the filming process. (Seulgi is too, but she has other things on her mind at the moment.) “Hurry up! Before the lighting changes!” Soon, the diner is empty except for Seulgi and the filming equipment because that could wait, but the sun won’t. Oh, and Irene is here, too. Seulgi smiles to herself. Perfect.

 

    “You did a good job,” Irene congratulates as she walks up to Seulgi, voice soft as always.

 

    Seulgi shoots her a cocky grin, setting the prop in her hands onto the diner table that separates them. “I did, didn’t I?” Irene nods, blinking rapidly. She feels like she just walked into a trap. (She did.) “Then how about a little reward?” Seulgi requests innocently, but it was more of a demand than a request and completely not innocent because Irene knows Seulgi (a little bit too well) and knows exactly what she wants (also a little bit too well).

 

    “S-Seulgi,” Irene protests weakly, “someone could walk in on us.” She toys with the sleeve of her sweater and stands in front of Seulgi’s piercing stare idly, nervously. Irene's eyes flit around nervously. The room suddenly seems to be sweltering and the material of Irene's sweater is suddenly too itchy against her dampened skin.

 

    “So?” Seulgi asks, eyes wide. “That’s not going to stop you,” she says, as if stating a fact. Seulgi offers nothing more. No assurances, no persuasion. She knows that Irene’s apparent hesitation is all pretense, that Irene needs nothing more because she wants this just as much as Seulgi does.

 

    "B-but," Irene starts off before suddenly pausing, biting her lip. A beat passes by in silence.“My makeup…” Irene finally offers feebly, as a sort of flimsy, last resort defense. But still, it’s all pretense and Seulgi’s not in the mood to deal with pretense right now. The only reply Irene gets is a tilt of Seulgi’s head and a subtle widening of her legs.It’s all the convincing that Irene needs.

 

She sinks onto her knees, skin pressed against the dusty floor of the diner, and crawls under the diner table, towards Seulgi. Irene rests her hands on either sides of Seulgi’s thighs and lets out a shaky sigh. She takes a fleeting look at the door, checking- hoping- that nobody walks in on her this compromising position, but really, at this point, she can’t bring herself to care. (If she’s being honest with herself, she never really cared to begin with.) She paws at the button of Seulgi’s shorts for a moment before looking up at her from under the tabletop with wide eyes, hoping for some reassurance. Seulgi reaches out a hand to Irene’s cheek and smiles at her encouragingly.

 

Irene gives a shaky smile in return before letting her gaze travel lower. She starts off with a timid kiss pressed against the warm skin of Seulgi’s inner thigh.

 


 

Later, after Seulgi has pulled Irene upwards into the booth with her, she wipes the older girl’s lips with her thumb and kisses her firmly. “You’re so good to me, unnie,” Seulgi breathes out against Irene’s lips, “So good.”

 

 

 

A/N: It's weak and I'm unsatisfied but whatever.