Chapter 05

Something Is Happening {on-hold}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“I found someone...” [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

Yonsei University, one fine morning

Krystal is walking through the corridor; she’s going their school field. It still strange to her, the whole things in her school. The food, friends, subject, and everything. Especially all the people’s eyes that following her, every time she walks. However, she brushes it off, she didn’t do anything wrong. She checks her outfit and makeup today. Nothing is wrong, even her hair still looks the same. Why people looking at her? Her thoughts interrupted with a loud voice coming next to her.

“HI Krystal! Here, this is for you.” Nana said as she gives her something.

Krystal is clearly surprised with the girl’s loud voice, “What's this?”

“This is our college sweatshirt. Cool right?” Nana said happily.

Krystal doesn’t know how, but she smiled. Sincerely, “Thanks.” She doesn’t know, but her steps suddenly followed Nana, “Nana... May I ask you something?”

“Yes, sure!” Im Nana is one free-spirit girl.

“Why is everyone staring at me?” asks Krystal softly.

Nana laughed hearing her question that was so innocent, “Why the boys are staring, you know!” Nana pointed at Krystal’s body and face, “and the girls are wondering what the boys are staring at and that is why even they are staring at you. Yes?”

Krystal is trying to understand Nana’s words, “Yes.” And before she knows, Nana already takes her arm and goes to the canteen.

“And look Kry, if you have any problems, just come to me or to Lay.”

“Lay? The one who yesterday...” before Krystal finishes her words, Nana already cut her.

“Yeah! He's my best friend and we sort of rule this college.” When their reach canteen, Lay is already with his gang, bunch of handsome guys – called EXO.

“HEY GUYS!” Nana yelled when she comes with Krystal to their table, “This is Lay.” Nana pointed him as if Krystal doesn’t know who he is.

Lay smirked, “we have a rule in this college. We make every newcomer sing. You know Do Re Me...”

Nana is awkward, she usually tells the newcomer to sings too. However, Krystal is different, “Lay, she's the principal's daughter.”

“So! We cannot break our rules for anyone. Right?” Lay asks the EXO’s guys and of course, the only thing is they nodded in agreement.

“But Lay?” Nana interrupted again.

“Shut up,” Lay said to Nana, turns her direction to Krystal again, and walks towards her, “So… Krystal, Krystal Jung. From Harvard university, heh?  You have to sing a song for us, for this college, in Korean.”

“Korean?” Krystal asks in disbelief.

“Why you forgot how to speak Korean in America, is it?” Lay said in mocking tone.

Before it’s too late, Nana interrupted once again, “Sorry! One minute. Lay! How could she sing a Korean song?!”

“Why? She's the principal's daughter. If he can't teach her then how will he teach us, and you shut up.” Lay already push Nana to behind, so it's Krystal VS Lay. Again.

“So, Krystal, you will sing a song in Korean and fast because we don't have much time. Right?” Lay is acting a total jackass here. They're already making a scene, now a whole canteen looking at their table. He snaps his finger in front of Krystal eyes, many times, even after he turns his back. He felt like he already wins, he already makes the principal daughter’s shy.

But what Lay doesn’t know, Krystal is not afraid. She looks at him, from eye to eye. She knows how to sing in Korean and after Lay turn his back, still snapping his fingers. Krystal sings, a Korean song and her voice is beautiful. Moreover, it makes Lay and his gang turn their body at Krystal’s again. Even Nana can’t hide her excitement. is wide open.

After finishing the song, she smiled and comes towards Lay, “Living in America, studying and growing up there has not made me forget my roots. And you, don't ever forget that.” She walks past him and didn’t forget to snap her fingers in front of his face, like what he did earlier to her. Something is happening in Lay’s heart, and he starting to know that.

The day after that canteen incident, morning class is always the hardest. Krystal going to her class with tired eyes. She already in her class and she didn’t surprise she got the same class with Lay and Nana. Miss Kahi still not coming, thank God she didn’t late at her class. When she looks around the class to find an empty chair, her eyes meet with Lay’s. Lay looked at an empty chair behind him, and he’s like giving a silent clue with his eyes, clearly he does want Krystal seat at an empty chair behind him. Krystal let out a little smile and goes to that seat.

No longer after, Nana arrived with a ball in her hand, “Hey! You're sitting in my place.” She said to Krystal because the one who always seats behind Lay is no other than Nana. Always.

“Oh! I'm sorry.” Krystal is ready to move when suddenly the bell rings.

“No, it's okay. Hey, Baekhyun move.” Nana told a little guy, Baekhyun to move his seat. He’s one of EXO’s gang too. So now, Krystal is seated behind Lay and Nana is seated next to Krystal’s chair.

“Good morning class.” Miss Kahi arrived with her y outfit and high heels. But today, she brings a thick book, looks like a photo album but still, we don’t know yet.

“Good morning Miss Kahi.”

She finally shows the book to the students, “Today we are going to start a new lesson - Romeo & Juliet. An eternal love story. Before we begin, l want to ask you all ‘What is Love?’ anyone? Anyone? No one.” She looked around and finally lands her eyes to a certain student, “Krystal? You tell us, what is love?”

“Me?” Krystal clearly surprised, “l don't know.”

Miss Kahi looked around and lands her eyes on Nana; she’s busy playing with Baekhyun, “Nana! What are you doing?! You tell us, what is love?”

“Love?!” because she’s didn’t find the answer, Miss Kahi concludes, “Forget it.”

“Anyone? Lay... What is love?”

Lay looks up and pretending to think the answer, “Love? Love is friendship.”

Two girls looked at him differently now, Nana is surprised and Krystal is smirked.

“If she can't be my best friend, I can't be in love with her. Without friendship, there is no love. Love is friendship. That’s what I thought about love.”

“Thank you for sharing that with us Lay. Love is friendship.” And Miss Kahi continues her lesson.

After hearing Lay’s answer, Nana is confused. It feels like something is happening, but she still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter