Chapter 02

Something Is Happening {on-hold}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“Aleyna's got something with her, which even l don't have.”[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

Kirin Elementary School, Evening

Aleyna is now at her second class of Kirin Elementary School. As an annual program that happens each year, there’s an event. The school invited all the student’s parents and each student of the second class have to explain a thing. First, a student has to take a paper, in the paper there’s a topic given and all the students had to explain everything they know about the topic with only one minute each. The topics will be different for each of them. And the students who explain the best can be the winner.

“Come on, hurry up. Yes, there are our seats. Come sit.” Mrs. Zhang already tells her son to sit at their respective seat.

When suddenly there’s a voice coming from behind them, “Come Mr. Zhang, sit.” Turns out that were HaHa and his wife, Byul.

And the show is going to start as the teacher make an opening, “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the ‘Just one-minute competition’.”

Before the teacher saying anything further, HaHa already hit Lay’s shoulder and laughing, “It’s a strange competition. Children have to talk on the stage and the topic is given right there in some strange bowl. On the spot sir, on the spot.”  Lay is clearly surprised but still control his face.

“Stop it HaHa, control yourself.” Byul warned her husband.

“Never mind. It’s ok.” Lay gives Byul an awkward smile.

“Every student will be given only one minute. Just one minute.” The teacher explained again.

“Just One Minute? Only one minute to speak?” HaHa’s face already coming next to Lay again.

“Even I feel the same; it’s really a big problem.” Lay awkwardly replied his statement.

“But yet our Hana wins every year. She's so talented you know.” HaHa proudly says to Lay while Mrs. Zhang already rolled his eyes.

While at the stage, Hana and Aleyna sitting next to each other, “Best of luck Hana.” Aleyna snickered.

“Same to you, Nana.” replied Hana sarcastically.

“Our Hana is the best.” Byul agrees with her husband.

“Actually Nana is also taking part on this competition.” Lay smiled proudly.

“She'll come second. Don't worry.” HaHa laughed at back to his respective position while Mrs. Zhang eyes already popped up when she heard that her granddaughter would come as a second winner.

Being kind as ever, Lay smiled and muttered, “Thank you.”

“Oh welcome!” HaHa laughed again.

Their focus to the stage again, “Our first contestant is Hana Ha.” The teacher said as little Hana walked to the bowl to take her topic.

While on the audience seat, HaHa already cheered her daughter with enthusiasm, “Oh! My sweetheart. Come on! Speak up! Do it!”

After Hana look at her topic, she walks to the center and starts her speech, “My topic is Prayer. Every morning we pray to the lord. Papa says prayers will keep God happy and he will protect us. Mommy says that by praying Grandma will get impressed and will leave the big house for us in the will. Okay, thank you.” And it exactly hit one minute after Hana finished her speech.

“Wow! My daughter is the best.” HaHa yells happily and gives the big applause.

“Next we have Aleyna Zhang.” Before Nana stands up, she gives a wink towards Lay and Mrs. Zhang.

“Pick your topic, Nana.” Aleyna walks towards the bowl and found the topic. When she opens it, her body is stiffened and her eyes get a little bit teary.

“And your timer starts now.” The teacher said to her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter