Chapter 06

Something Is Happening {on-hold}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“A Man should bow to three woman” [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

After that spectacular weekend, here comes the day to study again. It’s Tuesday and it means Lay has his weekly training. He’s one of the athletes for their campus, and of course Nana comes along with him. She’s like his manager, she keep up with his performance, and also bring him drink, towel, etc.

Lay is running on the field; while Nana is take a note of his running time. And before she notice, Krystal already sit beside her. With her feminine clothes and everything’s Nana’s not.

“Hi.”  Krystal said as she took some tissues from her bag.

Nana was awkward; thank God no one notices that. “Hi.” Krystal sits like a lady, with manner and feminity, they both look at Lay across the field, “Lay, juice?! Juice?” Nana yelled to break the awkwardness, but it’s no use because Lay attention now is on Krystal. He even gave her a wink!

As Nana tried to copy how Krystal sits, but eventually fail, of course. Krystal asked her something, “Nana how long have you known Lay?”

“From the first day at college.” And suddenly Nana gets excited, “You know what I did? I defeated him in arm wrestling. We've been best friends ever since!”

“Lay is your best friend, isn't it?”

Nana nodded her head and says more softly, “I am Lay's best friend.”

“Lay, juice? Juice?!” Nana yelled again to break the awkwardness. When suddenly... “Aren't you in love with him, Nana?” Krystal asking this in a smile but more serious tone, as the two girls looking each other, no one dare to say anything, only searching the truth between each other’s eyes. Thankfully, the still-not-knowing-anything Zhang Yixing is coming between those two. As the two sense Lay’s presence they are coming back to the usual Nana and Krystal.

“Hi! Shall I go?” Lay first words popped out

“Where?” Krystal asked.

Lay looked at Nana, giving her an invisible signal, “Today's Tuesday...”

Nana, knowing his signal suddenly gave Krystal an explanation, “Lay goes to meet his relatives every Tuesday.”

“But I'll stay if you want.” Lay said as he got closer to Krystal but Nana suddenly stops his action, “No, you go Lay. You'll get late.”

“I have some time.” Lay still insist but Nana won’t budge, “No Lay you'll be late, go, go, bye!” As he took one last glance to Krystal before he left.

Anglican Cathedral, Seoul, South Korea

Krystal has a longtime habit; she always pays a visit to Church for every Tuesday. Because it’s quieter and she can talk with God more privately, that’s what she thinks. When he visits the Church, there’s someone near her age preoccupied praying. As she took a seat near him, now she realized who it is.

“God please see that I don't fail in my exams this time as well. I am a bit weak in Chemistry. So, you take care of it.” Lay is busy saying his wish to God, and when he opened his eyes, there’s Krystal smiling beside him. Shy, awkward, and everything comes at one time, he shoo it off by an awkward laugh. And Krystal still can’t believe her own eyes, she doesn’t believe the Playboy Zhang Yixing is still going to church beside on Sunday; it’s another side of him the she found amazing actually.

“Hey! Look forward.” Lay said. When Krystal closes her eyes pray, Lay tried to run away first, after his last pray, he tried to escape from the heavy awkwardness but totally fail. Because before he can escape fully from the church, Krystal already calls his name.

“Lay. Lay!”

“Oh, hi.” Lay replied in total awkwardness.

They’re already outside the church, standing in front of the gate, “So, your relatives stay here?” Krystal chuckle as she pointed the church.

“Yes, here... here... here...”Lay said nonchalantly and finally gave up because his secret is already exposed by Krystal, who now grinning.

“So, Zhang Yixing comes to the church every Tuesday.”

“Yes.” Lay admit it immediately.

“How sweet.” Krystal smiled, “But why did you lie at campus then?”

“Actually boys don't go to the church except on Sunday. So!”

“But you do...” Krystal tried to look his eyes.

Still with shy smile Lay answered, “Yes.”

“You come here every week?”

“Yes...”

“How sweet!” Krystal said cheerfully.

“Don't call me sweet, Krystal.” As they took a walk together, walking away from the church. “Actually my dad used to say that... Don't tell this to anyone at campus.” Lay pleaded when Krystal give him a threatening look.

And Lay continues his story, “My father says that a Man should bow to three women. One, to mother. Two, to the Saint Mary. And....”

“And?” Krystal asked because Lay stopped his sentence.

“And...” Lay shrugged his shoulder as he leave with smiles both on their face.

Meanwhile in Yonsei Girls Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter