Visiting an old friend

If My Heart Should Fail...

“Suho!” Sehun whined for the fifth time in a row, “Can you please tell me why the heck we aren’t sticking around at the party which is nice and warm and has food and drinks and doesn’t involve us walking around the streets at night wearing weird costumes and...”

 

“Luhan,” Kai sighed, “Will you please do us all a favour and shut your boyfriend up?”

 

“Yah!” Sehun pounced on the younger only to miss and go chasing off after him when the other took off at a breakneck speed.

 

Suho chuckled and shook his head, glancing over to Luhan, “Are you going to save them?”

 

“Nope,” Luhan grinned cheekily, “Let them run off some of that energy. They’ve had way too much stored up for a long while.”

 

Suho nodded, “True. Though question...”

 

“You’re so obvious that I’m surprised Hunnie hasn’t clicked to it yet,” Luhan grinned, “I mean even my maknae figured it out and he’s in love with his puppy.”

 

Tao grinned happily from Luhan’s side as he held onto the now leaders hand, just like he used to when Kris was around. Suho had to admit that the fans were right, it was really cute to see that they two had bonded very well but really there wasn’t that much difference in the way that they each cared for Tao. Well excluding the height factor naturally but it was hard to stop the maknae from growing so tall.

 

Xiumin shook his head, glancing at the trio as he tried to warm Chen up, “So where are we actually going to meet up?”

 

“Some restaurant that’s just down here,” Suho grinned as he turned a corner and let the others work out where they were going, “He says that it’s nice, quiet and out of the way so we shouldn’t have any problems.”

 

“That is if those two don’t end up in the hospital,” Baekhyun sighed before yelling at the two maknea’s who were still charging back and forth.

 

“Oi!” Luhan stepped up a little, “Sehun! Kai! Get your butts over here! You’re going to miss out on the food if you don’t start acting appropriately.”

 

Kai, being the closest immediately slouched back to the group, letting Sehun continue to make a complete idiot of himself as he ran away from nothing and pouted, “I liked Luhan better when he wasn’t being the fussy dad.”

 

“Oh stop complaining,” Kyungsoo said, latching his arm onto the younger’s, “We’re going to have some really nice food and get a night off from promotions so stop being a whiny-wort will you?”

 

“The day that happens, Satan-Soo will be a permanent fixture in the line up,” a new voice joined the conversation from a doorway and the group, as one – including Sehun who had finally noticed and had headed back to the other – turned.

 

“Gege!” Tao exclaimed immediately, rushing forward and wrapping a tight hug around Yifan who smiled brightly and returned the hug.

 

“Hey Panda!” Yifan smiled, slightly bracing himself against the wall, “Still as crazy as ever I see.”

 

“Of course he is!” Sehun yelped, elbowing Tao aside to get his own hug in, “Why didn’t you tell me that you were meeting up with us Ge!”

 

Luhan shook his head, “It would have spoilt the surprise you silly bunny.”

 

“Hey Lu, coping okay now?” Yifan asked, managing to sort of get out of the twin grip to ruffle at his friends hair.

 

“Yup, managed to get some time off after the concerts which was a big help,” Luhan got his hug in, “Though I now totally understand why you called us all little brats. Bloody hell; how you didn’t blow your top all the time I will never know.”

 

“Wah! Yifan come back!” Chen complained playfully as he got his hug in, “Luhan’s a meanie and makes us do housework when we’re bad.”

 

“He only makes you do housework?” Baekhyun sighed and rolled his eyes, “Count yourself lucky! I got stuck on bin duty for a week.”

 

“Oh so that’s why you stank so much then?” Chanyeol moved around his smaller boyfriend to embrace the other, “Man! How are you still so tall?”

 

Yixing shook his head, “Oh happy virus, did you really have to ask that? Please save me from their madness for one night!”

 

“You’re the cause of most of it unicorn,” Yifan replied, managing to pull himself out of two way glomp hug that was being given by the two puppies to hug the other, “Don’t try to deny it either.”

 

Xiumin chuckled as he shook his head, “I’m glad that I’m the eldest. I can totally play that card as much as I want.”

 

“Still don’t mean that you’re mature in the slightest,” Yifan teased, squeezing the other tightly in order to make him squeak in that funny way he did whenever anyone squeezed him tightly and earned a punch on the shoulder for that.

 

Kyungsoo was quick to drag Kai forward to share in his hug and smiled before lightly punching the other in the gut, “You need to call him more often,” he indicated the younger boy, “Kai just whines worse when he hears that the others heard from you and he didn’t.”

 

“Don’t believe him!” Kai complained immediately back, flicking Kyungsoo on the forehead, “I do not.”

 

Yifan just laughed, “I’m sorry, it’s just been busy and I keep on forgetting who I’ve spoken to and who I haven’t.”

 

Suho smiled at finally being able to actually get close enough to his boyfriend but they did not exchange any words, instead moving close and pressing their lips together in a much missed and needed kiss. They ignored the wolf whistles and cat calls from the others and just merrily enjoyed the long lost taste of one another. Eventually they had to break apart in order to get some air and Yifan blushed cutely, “Wo ai ni.”

 

“Sarengho,” Joonmyun blushed back and then immediately flipped off Chanyeol who had the audacity to take a photograph of the situation.

 

They made their way into the restaurant, Yifan having thought ahead and already booked a table but the serving staff were quiet and polite and did not make a fuss about their presence in the slightest. Grinning at the sea of confused faces, the now solo actor and singer just grinned, “Director used to bring us here when we were working on SOWK, so they’re used to me and the other famous faces that turn up.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked, “This is really nice. How did she find it?”

 

“No idea,” Yifan shrugged, “But anyway, I need a massive catch up on everything that’s been going on with you guys so start spilling the beans right now.”

 

It didn’t take long for the table to be filled with laughter as embarrassing stories were passed around and elaborated upon or told incorrectly and then people began to pick on one another and it just fell naturally into the old times. If there had been any fear of awkwardness or problems it was swept away in the first two seconds of them all being back together and clearly having a good time. They ordered way too much food and ate every last plate that was put in front of them, occasionally fighting over the odd spring rolls or a dumpling or something and it was just great fun.

 

Tao talked none stop about the love of his life Candy, Chen made crude jokes, Kyungsoo picked on Chanyeol about his ears, Chanyeol told stories about Luhan’s attempts at cooking, Luhan fussed over everyone several hundred times, Sehun pouted and kept on lisping cutely, Yixing made insults in Chinese and then claimed that they were compliments, Xiumin hated the fact that he had made a bet with Luhan which resulted in him drinking himself silly, Baekhyun tried to tell the most embarrassing stories but ended up being embarrassed by everyone else in return, Kai tried to be all grown up but ended up talking about cartoons and Suho wondered what bad thing he had done to be cursed with this group of vagabonds and ingrates as band mates.

 

Yifan just sat and enjoyed the situation, holding onto Joonmyun’s hand under the table and glad to know that despite everything that had happened, he still had eleven amazing friends that he could fall back on. Sure they may not be together on stage all of the time but he knew that they cared and thought of him just as much as he thought of them and that was possibly the best thing in the world.

 

“What are you smiling at?” Joonmyun asked whilst feeding Yifan some ice cream, an eyebrow raised up towards him.

 

“You’ll call me soppy so I won’t say a word,” the taller replied, grabbing at a spoon to also give Joonmyun some of the ice cream before leaning close to whispering, “But I’m glad you’re still looking after the kids so well.”

 

Lightly smacking the other on the arm, Joonmyun glared before using the opportunity to steal a kiss from him, “I’ll always look after the kids, including you who are the biggest kid in the entire world, Wu Yifan.”

 

“But I’m your kid which makes the...” letting out a groan, Yifan turned and made a swipe at Kyungsoo, “I will take that phone off you if you don’t quit it! Come on, it’s meant to be Chanyeol that’s the camera fiend, not you!”

 

Laughter and giggles erupted once again and soon all of the food and drinks were cleared away and paid for. No one really wanted to go home but they hadn’t much of a choice in the matter, though Yifan just smiled at them, gave everyone a hug and promised that they would meet up again soon. He stood and waved them off down the street, until they were all completely out of sight before letting out a contented sigh. The night had gone way too fast for his liking but it was another precious memory to add to a large collection of precious memories that always glistened brightly to him like stars in the sky. 

 

Authors babble:

Well there ya go folks! A slightly mushy ending but in comparison to the last version of this I thought that it was fitting. Yes this fic is done and all complete so there will be no more of it. Thank you to everyone who has followed this, commented or just been a silent reader. You have all made me very happy. 

but don't dispare too much, if you like this work then please feel free to check out my other stories:

Who's The Daddy? - a funny fic where Yifan is pregnant by one of the boys of EXO and he doesn't know by which one, though it's nearing completion too but there's still a couple more chapters to go on it. 

Edge of Fire - a historical fiction set on the Mato planet, mainly BAP based but both Yifan and Luhan feature as minor characters and will be involved with the plot and just maybe once it's finished I may go onto an EXO version of some of the themes (the last chapter will give you a hint) 

Though for now, thanks once again to everyone and let's see each other once again sometime ne?