Hospitals are not my style

If My Heart Should Fail...

Authors note: warning, shounen-ai (god I've not used that term in a long while) ahead, don't like, no ready

It took all of his personal effort to not bolt from the ward where the two girls had been the second that they had been ushered out by the nursing staff. It wasn’t the fact that the girl’s were rude or seranges or anything like that, in fact they were absolutely lovely girls who were completely shocked and surprised by the unexpected visit and Kyungsoo had to even admit that they were beautifully perfect. If only all the rest of their fans could be like them then life would be so much easier but that was a minor complaint. Him and Suho had spent a good forty-five minutes with the two girls, handing their phones over to the SM Staff member who had come with them since they’re manager was remaining with Yifan and the rest of the group in order to keep a check on them and make sure that they didn’t run amuck.

 

Though how they were going to manage such a thing when they were worried sick about their dragon was beyond the self proclaimed mother of the group, his heart still hammering in his chest right at this second because all sorts of horrible scenarios were running through his head and he really wanted to know how everything was going. Still he smiled towards the girls, gave them a final wave and nearly giggled when Suho gave one a hug because the expression on her face was completely priceless before heading out.

 

Suho wasted no time in grabbing hold of his hand and nodding towards him with a little tight smile which showed just how much he was worried too and Kyungsoo squeezed the hand back. They barely exchanged a word as they followed after the SM Staff who had been told where they needed to go but it didn’t take long for the pair to be able to overtake the man and beat him around several corners so that they were virtually on their own.

 

Reaching a direction board, Suho cast his dark eyes over the board before nodding, “We got right and then left, that’ll get us to the intensive care ward.”

 

Kyungsoo blinked, “Wow your Chinese has gotten loads better.”

 

“Blame Luhan-ge” Suho said, starting off towards the designated ward, hearing the staff member hurrying to catch up with them. Presumably the man had fallen behind to answer a telephone call but they didn’t need to be babied that much. It didn’t take too long to reach the A&E section and they were directed to the emergency admission section.

 

Just as the Staff member went to the desk to ask for Yifan’s location, a door to a private ward opened and the happy virus himself stepped out, counting through a pile of change in his hands. He looked up and waved, “Hey you two,” the giant said, appearing to take a few strides across to them in order to wrap a hug around both Kyungsoo and Suho, “I’m just going to grab some drinks and snacks from the vending machines, do you want anything?”

 

“Anything sugary,” Kyungsoo said, “And lots of chocolate.”

 

“You’re going to ruin your diet,” Suho teased but grinned, “Same for me, though if they’re any soup I’ll have that instead of the chocolate.”

 

Chanyeol grinned, “No problems. Better than what Sehun suggested.”

 

The two elders exchanged a look and were about to roll their eyes at the K maknea’s obsession with bubble tea when they realised that it could actually mean that things were going okay. Without saying another word to Chanyeol, the pair slipped quietly into the room to check on their dragon.

 

Kyungsoo muscled past Luhan and made a grab for Yifan’s hand, almost feeling his heart drop. The taller man looked like death warmed up, he was pale, slick with sweat and had a variety of machines connected to his chest and body that were monitoring his heart beat, breathing, BP and several other things which the young vocalist didn’t really recognise or know much about. There was an IV drip connected to his wrist and the bag looked like it had been replaced a couple of times but that could have been on the journey from the venue to the hospital inclusive and there was an oxygen mask covering the sleepers face.

 

There were two things that reassured Kyungsoo that things were going to be okay though, the first being that Yifan’s large hands were warm and soft, reacting lightly to his touch even though it was only a small amount in the grand scheme of everything. The other thing was the fact that Yifan was now sporting an absolutely horrible looking pyjama top which had to be hospital issue. It was completely unstylish and looked as though it had been dug out of a second hand pile and when Yifan woke up he was not going to be happy about having to wear it in the slightest. Though he supposed that someone would go back to the hotel and get him his own things because he doubted that the other would be happy to stay in them in the slightest.

 

Gently he let out a breath which he didn’t believe that he had been holding and smiled towards the other, “You like giving us a scare, don’t you daizhyung?”

 

“Can I please get to see him?” Suho’s voice piped up and Luhan smiled at him before fully giving up his spot and moving around to relieve Chen of Tao hugging duties. Understandably the maknae had been terrified about losing Yifan and they had given him a sedative to settle him because the doctors feared that he was going to have a panic attack or something. It still didn’t stop any of his hyung’s and gege’s from giving the youngster lots of love and attention naturally and they just seemed to know how to switch the hugging duties easily enough.

 

Moving close to his other leader, Suho smiled and ran his fingers gently through the others hair, almost finding himself laughing aloud when Yifan tilted his head directly towards him with a soft sigh and a slight movements of his lips but no real sound came out. There came a tut from above and Suho looked up to see Yixing playfully glaring at him, “Just flaming typical that he would respond to you Suho. We’ve been trying to get him to react for the past hour or so and nothing, not even Tao could get a response.”

 

“Stop complaining,” Xiumin said, “he could just be waking up at the moment.”

 

“Don’t annoy him if you do,” Baekhyun called from his position of being Sehun’s cushion as exhaustion had claimed the youngest of K.

 

Kai pouted, “Why did no one bring one of his toys? He’s going to be so upset when he wakes up and doesn’t have anything to hug.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and moved towards his younger boyfriend, “its okay, we’re here. He’ll be fine sweetie, don’t start panicking.”

 

Glancing around the exhausted boys, Suho sighed and gently shook his head, “I think it’s about time we all got some sleep.”

 

There was an immediate chorus of complaints to which the leader quietly raised his hand to, “I meant that we stay here tonight because I know that if I go back to the hotel room I will not get any sleep in the slightest. Manager-nim will want us to go back but I’m sure we can sweet talk him into staying, even if it’s just so that we don’t have to deal with our very ticked off kung-fu panda over there.”

 

Luhan smiled as he looked down at his charge who had slipped naturally down to resting in his lap, “too true, I don’t want to think what would happen if he woke up back at the hotel room.”

 

Suho got lumbered with the task of telling the manager that they were staying until Yifan woke up and the man surprised him by merely stealing one of the cans of coke that Chanyeol turned up with at the same moment and muttering a, “Well it’s not like I could stop you without causing a huge scene anyway.”

 

The group settled on various chairs or on the floor of the room and a quiet hush descended over them as sleep claimed them all for the first time in what felt like forever.

 

~*~

 

It was a gentle glowing light from the window which finally made Yifan stir, the light crossing his eyelids and making him groan ever so slightly as he twisted away from the source. Slowly his eyes blinked open, their dark pupils enlarging and contracting to help him focus and even though he was pretty sure that he had slept for a long while, he still felt incredibly exhausted. Bringing his hand to his face, the very tired dragon jumped at first when he found a breathing mask covering his mouth and nose but after taking a quick glance around the room he was in, memories kicked in. He had been on stage, performing with the others despite feeling like total hell and then there had been a massive pain in his chest and he wasn’t able to breath and then the blackness hit him.

 

Though vaguely he could recall the light coming back to him in the darkness, a certain familiar softness that he secretly craved and as he turned his head back to the opposite way he found himself staring at a slumbering Joonmyun who looked like he hadn’t even gone back to the hotel room to get changed. Casting his eyes around the rest of the room, he found a very soft and fond smile crossing his features as he saw that the remaining ten members were all bundled together in little odd groups as they slept.

 

Tao was curled up around Luhan like a kitten, Kyungsoo was being squished between Kai and Sehun, Xiumin was holding onto Yixing with one hand and somehow had Chen’s foot held in the other despite the fact that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had him squished in-between them. Part of him really wished that he could grab his phone right now and steal some pictures but some part of his mind said that moving was probably a really bad idea right about now.

 

The door opened to his room and a nurse made her way in, blinking in surprise when she realised that he was awake but remaining profession, “Ah, it’s good to see you awake,” she kept her voice slow clearly aware of the others sleeping, “I’m just doing some checks on you but nothing to worry about. I’ll let the doctor know that you’re awake now though, okay?”

 

Finding that his throat was just a little too dry, Yifan just nodded but the nurse was clearly experienced enough to know this fact and helped him to remove the face mask and asked him if he would like a drink to which Yifan nodded silently once again. The nurse smiled and quickly made her exit out of the room with a promise that she would be back soon. Leaning back against the pillow, Yifan turned his head back to look at a sleeping Joonmyun only to jump in surprise, accompanied by a funny little squeak of a yelp too, to find the other smiling gently back at him.

 

“Morning you,” Joonmyun said with a little yawn, hands immediately moving to at Yifan’s hair, “Good to see you up and about.”

 

A million and one different things spewed forth in Yifan’s head of things that he wanted to say towards the other right at that second but he couldn’t find his voice to even begin to voice them. Instead he shifted his free arm, the one that was not being held by Joonmyun right now and pulled the other towards him. Their lips connected together in a sweet, gentle kiss the type of which they had not shared in a very long time and a soft blush crossed both of their cheeks as they pulled back. “I’m glad to...” Yifan managed to just about croak out before coughing harshly.

 

Thankfully the nurse chose that exact moment to come back in with a juice drink in a carton with a straw and Joonmyun took it from her with a smiled thank you before helping Yifan to drink whilst she went to fetch some more. Once half of the carton was drank, Yifan pulled back a little and coughed, “How long was I out?” his voice was still a little croaky but sounding better.

 

“About six hours or so,” Joonmyun said, biting back a yawn, “It was a long night.”

 

“Hmm,” Yifan agreed, casting his eyes around the rest of the group, “Can you grab some pics?”

 

“Sure I will,” Joonmyun said, digging his phone out of his pocket and giving the hand he was holding an extra tight squeeze, “do you need anything at all?”

 

Yifan nodded and indicated the juice cup as clearly it hurt to speak but for now Joonmyun was more than happy to just help the other drink from the straw until the others awoke and filled the room with happy sounding clamour as they hugged, kissed, berated and thanked Yifan for surviving through everything.

 

Eventually their manager came wandering in, “Good to see you up Yifan, now the rest of you, come along, we’ve got to get back to the hotel room.”

 

“No!” Sehun pouted childishly, clinging to the other like his life depended on it, “I want to stay with Yifan.”

 

Their manager sighed, “You can come back and visit him later, right now you all need a food, rest and a shower because the stench in here is horrid and I’m pretty sure Yifan doesn’t need you lot clambering all over him right now, he does need some rest.”

 

EXO turned as one to look at Yifan, who had fallen back asleep and wondered what he would feel like waking up on his own but just then there came a series of hurried steps and his mother’s panicked face appeared around the door. They all knew that now was the perfect time to take their leave and they left with words promising that they would return later that day. Whilst the manager’s back was turned as he herded the others out of the door, Joonmyun quickly turned around and flashed a smile to Yifan’s mother before stealing as quick a passionate kiss as he could manage before he was called to leave.

 

Yifan had no problems returning the quick kisses in front of his mother, she had long known of his choices in regards to relationships and never held it against him and plus she very much approved of Joonmyun as a boyfriend. “Come back later, please,” he asked quietly in a whisper, “Please.”

 

“I will,” Joonmyun whispered back, nuzzling the side of his neck before heading off after the others, ignoring any cat-calls or jibes and trying to get everyone to shush. Their manager was already busy on the phone again so he wasn’t particularly paying attention to them anyway. Though he found himself instantly locking hands with both Tao and Sehun as they walked along and was pretty sure that everyone else was holding hands in a constant loop to show that they were all together, as one and nothing would ever change that fact. 

 

Authors babbling:

Heh gave in and just let the Sukris happen cause damn it it was going to happen at some point with the way that this story was written. Hopefully not to sappy or soppy and who else would totally steal photos of all the exo boys sleeping in the same room. I so totally would. 

Anyways hope you enjoyed and are not all wailing like I had you at this stage in the previous fic and see you again soon