Try and stop us!

If My Heart Should Fail...

Rushing into the green room to find a crescendo of noise, Suho at first thought he was walked into the middle of a huge fight. Actually what he was ran into was the desperation of everyone to find out what was going on whilst not being permitted to leave the green room in the slightest. The Chinese members were beside themselves, yelling in Mandarin at their manager to try and get out of the door and Baekhyun looked like he was going to throw up. From the distinct smell it was probable that he already had been.

 

Sehun was being comforted by Chen and Kai, Xiumin was snuggled up to Chanyeol who was trying to look after Kyungsoo who appeared to be in just about the same state as Baekhyun did though he mustn’t have thrown up yet.

 

Taking a deep breath, Suho shook his head and then yelled, “Quiet down all of you!”

 

Shock rippled throughout the green room and all eyes turned to look at their usually quiet leader who gave them a stern glare before softening his features, “Yifan’s okay, they’re taking him to the hospital right now in order to get a check up. There’s no need to panic.”

 

“Which hospital?” Luhan asked immediately, stepping around their manager to speak directly with Suho, “Where have they taken him?”

 

“Probably the nearest one to here,” Suho said, realising that he hadn’t actually caught as to where Yifan was going, “But look he’s going to be okay. They’re just checking up on him.”

 

“But what happened?” Yixing was asking in hurried Korean that was quite difficult to understand, “He was fine and then suddenly it was like he had a heart attack or something and...”

 

Carefully placing his hands on the other’s shoulders, which were shaking, Suho sighed, “He did have a heart attack Xing, that’s what happened. But he’s okay, he’s awake and he’s going to the hospital to get a check up okay?”

 

Tao hiccupped, “I want to see Gege!” his arms were around his middle and tears were streaming down his cheeks in a panicked and frightened mess. Luhan moved quickly around to hug the taller maknae and whispered something to him in mandarin which Suho couldn’t quite understand right now.

 

Baekhyun looked up towards Suho, “Are you sure he’s okay?” his voice was barely a whisper, so dark and foregone sounding that it almost broke the leaders heart and after gently passing Yixing to Tao and Luhan, the leader moved over to Baekhyun and held his hands.

 

“You did wonderful Baek, you helped to save him,” Suho smiled gently towards the other, “I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you. I’m sure that Yifan will say this thanks to you too when we go and see him. Don’t cry baby, you did wonderfully and I can’t thank you enough for helping.”

 

Sehun wrapped a hug around Suho’s middle, “How did this happen? Gege was fine...what happened?”

 

Taking a glance up towards their manager, Suho debated between telling them the truth of the situation and coming up with a lie. Part of him knew that the company would be furious with Yifan for telling someone outside of them that he had a heart condition and could he really risk his career like that? Then he thought back to how long ago that Yifan had divulged the news, how long he had been keeping an watchful eye on the other and passing him extra little bits and pieces to help him keep cool, eat more healthier or just relax a tiny bit more. It wasn’t fair on either of them to have been living with that burden when the company should have been doing something in order to stop it. Hell they were all tired at the moment but Yifan had been at risk of something like this happening for months and they still hadn’t done anything in regards to it.

 

To Hell with it Suho thought to himself and let out an exhale through his nose before turning and looking at the youngster, “He’s not been okay, Sehun, Yifan Ge’s been ill for quite some time.”

 

“What?” chorused all ten voices that did not belong to the manager who had merely lifted his head from the phone he was currently messing about with to finally tune into the conversation that was going on around him.

 

Suho mentally took a deep breath and centred himself, “Yifan has myocarditis, and he got diagnosed with it months ago.”

 

Chanyeol blinked, “What’s that?”

 

“No way!” Chen almost exploded, shaking his head, “But that’s seriously dangerous! It can cause heart attacks and even death and...” his words faulted before he shook his head, “An uncle of mine had it and he died when he went out to a restaurant. Why the hell didn’t he stop promotions? He should have known the risks associated with it.”

 

“He did know everything and I knew everything after I did some research on it,” bracing himself mentally, Suho took possibly the biggest risk in his entire life as he turned to look at their manager, “Do you know why Yifan didn’t stop promotions with us when he found out?”

 

There was a long pause that was heavy with tension but it was Luhan who broke it first, “Wait...you knew about this? You knew that he had a heart condition?”

 

The man shifted, “We were informed of the possibility of him...”

 

“The possibility?” Luhan looked like he was going to explode at the man, “So the company knew that he had something potentially life threatening and no one thought it would be a good idea to give him some time off?”

 

“That’s not the point, you’re deliberately blowing things out of proportion,” the man shook his head, “There was no proof of anything being wrong with Kris so the company did not see...”

 

“No proof!?” it was Kyungsoo who suddenly exploded, “Have you seen how he’s been the last few weeks? We’ve had to give him everything under the sun just to keep on going because he was sick. I thought he just had some form of cold or something and now I learn it’s this? He needed rest cause look what happened tonight.”

 

The man was looking paler with each passing second, “There was no precursor for this coming on.”

 

“Yifan-Ge went to the hospital!” Sehun yelled, tears in his eyes, “I saw him come back and he looked terrible! How can you not say that you didn’t know what was going on when Suho hyung did?”

 

“Why didn’t you let him stay off?” Tao was joining in now and things were clearly going to get out of hand if something didn’t come in and stop them, “Gege works hard and you just let him continue on as if nothing happened in the slightest.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head, “You could have at least told us so that we knew what was going on. How do you think that Baekhyun’s going to feel after this? If Suho hadn’t have known we wouldn’t have had anyone to guide us and he could have died on that stage. In front of all of those fans. Is that really what you wanted?”

 

“I’m going to be sick,” Baekhyun said, lowering his head and covering it with his hands.

 

The manager sighed, “Look it wasn’t my decision okay? I have no control over your schedules and...”

 

The argument was abruptly brought to a halt but Lay’s softly spoke question of, “When can we go the hospital to see Yifan?”

 

Silence descended throughout the green room as the anger simmered down for a few long seconds and all eyes trained directly onto their manager.

 

The man paused and sighed, “I don’t think that’s a good idea right now...”

 

“Like hell is it not a good idea,” Kyungsoo was no in his feet, eyes blazing angrily and his whole demure changed so that he really looked like some hell spawned monster, “In case you’ve forgotten Manager-nim I’ve got fans to visit who I accidentally injured and I am not going to miss out on that fact in the slightest. If I’m going to visit those girls then I am going to visit Yifan at the same time.”

 

“I second that,” Suho said, standing up from his ongoing comfort of Baekhyun and Sehun, “Kyungsoo should go with someone and since I’m the leader of K there’s no stopping.”

 

“We’re coming too!” Tao cut in, “It’s not fair that we don’t get to see Gege! He’d come straight to us if anything happened and you know it!”

 

The man shook his head, “It’s going to cause too much of a ruckus in a public place and...”

 

“Don’t dare to try and stop us,” Luhan said his voice low and devoid of any emotions other than anger, “We need to see that Yifan is going to be okay with our own eyes.”

 

“You can see him in the morning,” the man tried to rectify the situation.

 

Suddenly Yixing looked up, “I won’t perform tomorrow.”

 

The manager paled and turned in shock, “What?”

 

“I won’t perform tomorrow night and you can’t make me,” Yixing replied, keeping his tone neutral, “Even if I have to lock myself in my room you won’t be able to make me go out onto that stage tomorrow night.”

 

“That’s insane,” the manager started, not quite believing the fact that he was hearing this.

 

“No it’s not,” Yixing said, just as calm and cool as ever, “We’ve got a schedule for tomorrow and it’s not going to allow us time to visit Yifan at all. We all want to go and see him tonight and if we can’t then I’m not going to perform tomorrow night because I want to spend my time with my leader whose sick and needs all the help that he can get in order to get back to full health quickly.”

 

There was silence and then Xiumin stepped up, “I agree with Yixing. I won’t perform if we don’t go and see Yifan tonight.”

 

Baekhyun groaned, “I won’t stop being sick until I do see him...” before throwing up again into a bucket which had been found from somewhere.

 

“Gege means everything to me,” Tao said quietly, “I can’t leave him like this. He would never leave me if I was ill, he would want to be by my side all of the time and I want to return that favour to him.”

 

Luhan grabbed tightly onto Yixing’s hand, “I’m with Yixing. Whilst you can possibly perform without one member you’re going to have too many troubles trying to perform without me or the rest of M.”

 

Suho nodded, “We are in the middle of an EXO concert after all, if the M members aren’t present then there everything’s going to have to be changed rapidly and that won’t lead to a good performance in the slightest.”

 

“In other words manager-nim,” Chanyeol grinned like the great big Cheshire cat that he was, “you’re screwed unless you give us what we want.”

 

Kyungsoo folded his arms, “I’m not missing out on visiting those fans and Yifan at the same time, even if I have to pay for my own taxi to get there alone.”

 

Chen shook his head, “If they’re out tomorrow night then I’m out tomorrow night as well. We are one, we perform as one and I am not going to perform either.”

 

“Kris Ge cares for us all,” Sehun said, “I don’t want to see him worrying himself more because we haven’t gone to see him.”

 

Kai shook his head, “He never left me when I was sick, even when he was in china he would call to find out how I was doing. I want to go and see him too.”

 

The manager looked dumbfounded towards the boys in front of him and knew that he had to give some form of response. The only problem was that he was only one man and despite the fact that he had been told by the company that he was to keep EXO away from the hospital, he got the distinct impression that the threats were not idle either. Plus in the grand scheme of things, if there was any one member that he should be worried about then it was Tao who would probably not think twice about using his wushu abilities on him in order to get what he wanted.

 

For a second or two he mentally debated the options available to him and then decided, for the utter lack of strength and the fact that he was basically alone in China with only a few other employees of the company who held any sway over things but they were far away and probably busy with their own problems so he was basically screwed. If members didn’t turn up for the planned events or the shows tomorrow night there was no way to legally force them to go on stage and perform and it wouldn’t just mar EXO’s name but it would make SM look back and the last thing that they needed at the moment was anymore bad press.

 

Kris’s heart attack was not going to go unnoticed, even if they tried to surpass it and it was probably already viral.

 

Picking up his phone, the manager swiftly typed in a number and held it to his ear, “Yeah, hi, can I have two taxi’s capable of taking six people each please to pick up from the back of the Hong Kong Dome please?”

 

Relief washed through the whole of EXO as they realised that they were going to get exactly what they wanted and it wasn’t long before they were all huddled together in the back of taxi’s heading straight for the hospital where they all needed to be right now. Suho couldn’t help but smiling with complete and total pride.

 

This was why they were EXO, this was why they were one and this was why he could put up with everything that life seemed to be determined to throw at them right now. 

 

Authors Babble:

On the count of three, everyone cry 'I'M SPARTACUS!'

sorry, all I could think when I was writing the last part of this chapter but hell I think all of us EXO-L's need to be thinking like that at the moment. To be honest I'm not surpirsed that Luhan has followed after Kris' in wanting to leave, he has not been well and is certainly not being looked after by the company at the moment and from what I heard he asked and offered to buy out his contract before so as to avoid going through the courts so I'm not believing SM's thing of 'oh we didn't know'

my main concern now lies with Tao and Yixing and as you've noticed all three got a big push in this chapter because I really don't want the same thing that's happened ot Luhan to happen to our panda na unicorn. In fact the rumour circulating about them two also leaving to go and form a group with Kris and Luhan almost sounds really appealing to me. Yes it'll mean massive changes to EXO but who knows, they could work even better as a single unit and that possibly could be the best way for them to go. 

but enough ranting about bad things. Please know that I'm not going to drop this story, nor any characters because I am still an EXO-L, I still support EXO  just as much as I still support Kris and Luhan and if Tao and Yixing join them then I shall continue to support both groups regardless and be really happy that I have more bands to follow. 

So keep strong all Exo-L's out there, this Noona is here for you if you want to chat at all. 

and just for a giggle, instead of shouting 'We are One' just keep on thinkg 'I'M SPARTACUS!" lol