Hong Kong Concert

If My Heart Should Fail...

If My Heart Should Fail

 

Chapter Two – Hong Kong Concert

 

“Kris!” Suho hissed for the fifth time in the row, praying that the microphones were not picking up his words at the moment, “Kris will you just stop for a second?”

 

The dragon half Suho, glaring ever so slightly but there was an understanding half nod which made the guardian of EXO back off just a little bit. Kris was doing what he was supposed to do, which was be cool, level headed and trying to keep everyone in order but that was very hard when the beagle-line were completely acting up as they fed off the fever from the fans. It wasn’t hard to see that Kris was already exhausted and was just trying to keep himself going with each step, there were dark circles under his eyes that were not being hidden by the makeup, he was sweating a thousand times more than what he would normally do and he had winced in pain more times than Suho could count.

 

He had to get the other off stage and resting, that much both Suho and Joonmyun knew but it was a question of how without raising suspicion. The most obvious time would be costume change time but then the fans would notice that Kris hadn’t come back on stage with them and the VRC tapes only lasted a certain length of time. Clearly the other leader knew why he was fussing so much and had curtailed a lot of his antics, barely following the chorography in the last song in the slightest and just sang when required which was a relief.

 

But tonight was clearly getting to Kris and it was getting Suho extremely worried indeed.

 

Though his thoughts were distracted by Tao falling down the huge hole in the stage. They had been warned to watch for it, especially when in a certain part but the M maknae must have gotten distracted by something and was walking along one second before suddenly disappearing from sight. Without even having to communicate in the slightest, the two leaders had run the length of the stage which was quite a distance to get to the other. Though typical of their adorable panda, Tao just emerged with a slight blush on his cheeks and a cry of “I’m okay” which was countered immediately five seconds later when Kris slammed a hug into the youngster followed by Suho.

 

“Geeze, will you not do that!” Kris hissed at the other who was trying to wriggle out of the others grasp but finding it hard since he was now squished in-between the pair and the fan girls were going berserk.

 

“Are you okay Tao?” Suho started fussing, “You’re not hurt or anything right?”

 

In his desperation to get out of the situation, Tao took a glance and spotted two nearby laughing figures, “Luhan-ge! Lay-ge!” he yelled, “Come and get Mama and Dada off me!!”

 

Immediately Luhan spurted the bottle of water that he was drinking and soaked Lay who immediately started complaining even though he was still laughing and neither one of them came to save Tao from the pair in the slightest. Not that he was actually one to dislike the attention but he just wanted out of this rather embarrassing situation.

 

Eventually they did have to concede and let him go, but it was with reluctance and neither one of them would stop fussing over the maknae whenever they got the chance to do so. When they finally got off stage for a longer set, Kyungsoo was doing his bit with the swing which was a huge crowd pleaser, Suho immediately stopped fussing over Tao and instead forcibly grabbed Kris’s arm and somehow managed to haul him to a chair that was further away from the stage lights and shoved a bottle of water in his face, “Drink.”

 

Kris looked at him for a second before there came a familiar softer smile and Yifan accepted the bottle without hesitation and virtually gulped it all down in one go. Leaning forward on his knees, Yifan took some deep breaths and tried to get his heart rate to slow down just a little bit, “Can I have another bottle?”

 

“Sure,” Suho said, moving to grab a fresh and ice cold one whilst Yifan finished the rest and immediately it was clear that he was dealing with Joonmyun once again. The smaller man had even brought back a towel to help wipe some of the sweat that was clinging to his face, neck and back as he handed the other the ice drink.

 

“Thank you,” Yifan whispered, keeping his head low.

 

Joonmyun just sighed gently, “It’s okay. Do you need to stop?”

 

Yifan paused to think about it for a few seconds before shaking his head, “I should be fine after this. I think it’s just too hot in here.”

 

his lips, Joonmyun seemed to nod to himself before hurrying quickly away and Yifan just lightly shook his head as he took careful sips of the water. If truth be told he was feeling worse than he had ever felt and he certainly did not want anything bad to happen. But a lurking representative of the company made him think twice about asking to stay off stage for the rest, if he could get the next hour and then the encore then he would probably have every last right to ask to take the next show off just to rest up.

 

A sharp pain suddenly rumbled through his chest and he hissed loudly, grabbing at the space just above his heart and tried to focus. Thankfully it didn’t take long to disappear and Yifan found himself coughing harshly. Just at that moment though Joonmyun returned and a white handkerchief was placed to his mouth. Yifan gladly accepted it and felt as though he coughed up half a lung or something and immediately tried to hide the square of white cloth from the other because he knew that there were already flecks of blood on it.

 

However the other was distracted by trying to get Yifan’s current shirt off and the elder shifted, “Hey, what are you doing?”

 

“You’re going to be so much more cooler in this rather than that one,” Joonmyun said, “It may help you for a little.”

 

Blinking, Yifan stared at the shirt which was actually one of his more chilled out airport fashions but he could see the point his friend was trying to make. Quickly he helped to peel the current shirt of his already sweaty back and Joonmyun spent some time removed as much of the sweat as he could with a towel which had the dragon giggling like a school girl but he just swatted at Joonmyun and pulled the new shirt on. He did feel a lot cooler which was a big relief in the grand scheme of things and lightly he ruffled the others hair with a grin, “Thanks.”

 

“You just watch yourself,” Joonmyun said, “I still say you should stay off stage.”

 

Before Yifan or Kris could reply however, there came a sudden yell from Chen, “Kyungsoo!”

 

Immediately both leaders rushed to see what had happened only to discover with horror that the swing which Kyungsoo used for his solo performance had suddenly malfunctioned and gone tumbling down towards the audience of all things. Thankfully Kyungsoo was all right but he was clearly shaken by the time the two leaders got to him and held onto him tightly, “Are you okay?” Suho asked, running his hand through the others hair.

 

Kyungsoo nodded weakly, “Yeah...just...just I don’t know...”

“Okay, come here,” Kris said, pulling Kyungsoo up into his arms like he was a child or something which normally would have triggered a massive reaction from the other for being fussed over but right now he seemed more than happy to just accept the attention. It didn’t take them long to get Kyungsoo off stage and get everything checked out.

 

Kris shook his head and groaned, “Seriously, could anything more go wrong tonight?”

 

“Jinx!” Suho said, smacking the elder around the shoulder even though he had been aiming for his head, “Touch wood right now Kris otherwise something bad will happen.”

 

The nearest thing available turned out to be Tao’s wushu stick and Kris checked that their kungfu panda was nowhere in sight before doing so. Silly superstitions were silly but there was usually some validity to them and especially when anyone was near the stage.

 

The security and medical marshals got everything sorted out from the fan perspective and once everyone was given the all clear, though word got back about two fans being injured in the process which made Kyungsoo feel clearly depressed, they picked up from where they left off and worked hard to finish of the show without anymore mishaps. Suho still kept a wary eye trained on Kris but for now things seemed to be settling down and that was the best that any of them could ask for.

 

Five songs later and the fans were screaming, shouting, banging their feet and making a huge roar for more and EXO couldn’t help but grin widely at one another because this was the moment that they lived for and it made all of the hard work, stress and sleepless nights completely worth it.

 

Darkness descended throughout the stadium and the fans simmered down in clear expectation for what was to come. The heavy beat started and EXO were back on stage, the fans screaming loudly and virtually drowning out all of the words but no one cared in the slightest.

 

Except for Kris who had suddenly stopped dancing, his vision darkened, the noise becoming a high pitched wail that echoed back around his head and a harsh cough was ripped from his throat. He crashed down to his knees with pain exploding in his chest and he couldn’t even manage to scream because it just hurt so much.

 

Arms, familiar and warm were around him and the leader of EXO-M completely dropped his mask to just become a very terrified Yifan.

 

Some inner instinct had made Suho turn towards Kris just seconds before the elder had crashed down onto his knees and immediately knew what was happening. Moving quickly he had grabbed the other around the shoulders before he could topple forward onto the stage and had him lying on his back with an air of collective calm which startled the others completely.

 

Looking up, Suho made some quick decisions, “Xiumin, take M backstage now, Chanyeol go and help him do so. Kyungsoo get the first aid team though they should be on their way, Baekhyun you know CPR right?”

 

“Yes?” Baekhyun looked pale but was relieved that someone was taking control.

 

“Stay here and help me. The rest of you stay back and don’t get in the way,” Suho looked down at Yifan, ripping his microphone off and checking for a pulse, “Yifan? Yifan...if you can hear me, just squeeze my hand okay?” he waited for a response but there was nothing so he tried once more before snapping Baekhyun to attention and getting him to do the primary checks before they both started CPR.

 

Baekhyun did the chest compressions whilst Suho breathed desperately into their dragon’s mouth, praying that each breath would bring Yifan back from the brink.

They managed five rounds of CPR before the medical crew got there and Suho pushed Baekhyun back, telling him to go find the others to make sure that they were okay. The chief medic gave Suho a frown but Suho just glared back at him with a look as if to say there was not a chance in hell that he was going to go anywhere in the slightest. Nodding the man set about to his work and two of his team worked quickly on continuing the CPR which had been started whilst the others set about grabbing the oxygen masks and a defibrillator.

 

Yifan’s shirt was torn off, two patches applied to his chest and one of the medics pulled Suho back away from the other just as the lead medic yelled, “Clear!”

 

The shots of electricity went straight through Yifan’s body and made it arch upright but there was no response. “Increase and clear!” the same process happened again and Suho finally registered the fact that there were tears running down his face but he couldn’t break down like this, not right now.

 

Twice more they tried to restart Yifan’s heart but to no avail and Suho was just beginning to dread the fact that he was losing his dear and close friend when the final shot came from the defibrillator. There came a sudden series of coughs from the young singer on the stage and hazily the brown eyes opened to stare around in confusion. Muscling his way forward, Joonmyun managed to wrap a hug around his friend’s upper torso and pressed a kiss to the side of his head, “It’s okay, Yifan, I’m here. You’re okay.”

 

Yifan lightly turned his head to the side where Joonmyun was and rested against him, one of his free hands coming up to tangle with the others now messy hair. Even though Yifan did not speak a word, Joonmyun knew that he was receiving a “Thank you,” and that made his heart swell with pride more than anything else.

 

Slowly he was pried away from his friend as the medics took over and started to get Yifan onto a stretcher to be taken to a hospital in order to be given a full check up. Joonmyun pulled himself upright, wiping away his tears and nodded, not believing what he had just gone through in the slightest. Though suddenly he remembered the others and his eyes widened before he went hurrying back to find the rest of EXO because he knew that they would be panicking beyond anything right now. At least he was going back with good news; he would have never wanted to go back if Yifan had passed away that night.

 

Authors babbling:

Thank you to everyone whose waited for this update, I really hope that it's what you guys wanted and for those of you who have not read Heart Attack I initially chose this particular concert because it seemed to be majorily cursed what with Tao falling down the hole and then the swing malfunctioning. 

But anyway, still more to come so don't have to worry about Yifan too much this time poor baby and I hope you all stick around and enjoy some more. Also anyone mind if I make this a Sukris cause it appears to be going that way with or without my direction lol

 

love you all and hwaiting 

Chia