Two

Standing On The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYUNSEUNG POV

When I was younger, I thought being special is cool.

Especially, when you're special to someone.

 

And here I am, being someone who's 'special' and being special to someone at the same time. People will see me as a handsome, cool guy, with brain and bravery. But, they never knew me that well, not anyone, not even the person I loved the most.

Being someone who's trapped in a condition where you were destinied to be, I tell you, is heartbreaking. I was expected to be a great successor for my family's company, for being the first son and the only child. 

Yes, I'm the only child.

When I found out that I can be free, from all the things that trapped me, I'm feeling so happy, even I can't help to smile everyday, everytime, since that day.

That day when I realize that I'm different.

But it took me days, even months, to realize that I will leave the person I cared the most, the person who only cheered and smile to me, the person who had been in my side eversince I was born.

We shared our secrets, our happy times, our sad times together. It took me a long time to realize how cruel I am to her, for not telling her who am I. For not telling her, that I'm a vampire, who can risk her life.

 

No one in my family knew that I who I was. They only knew about my grandfather, who was bitten by a vampire. That's the only thing they knew. They never knew, the thing that suprisingly make my grandfather anxious even until the end of his life, when he cried to me and hug me like never before.

 

[FLASHBACK]

11 years ago...

"Hyunseung, your grandfather wanted to meet you. Now." Dad talks to me with his common intonation―the one that usually army have, to command something. Grandfather never talked to me personally, thus, he is the most respected family member. He's the founder of J Enterprise. They said he was about to die, and some predicted he will die.

I entered the room slowly. No one's there, except my grandfather. He smiles. His body were full of medical tubes, and I was a bit frightened.

"Son, come here." His voice sounded so exhausted. "I'm sorry for never talking to you before."

"Grandfather..." I don't know, but my voice sounded so small and scared.

"Before I start my story, you have to promise me that you will never tell anyone about our conversation." He said, while putting his skinny hands in my shoulders. I nodded a little, while facing the ground. He smiled. "Hyunseung, I'm sure you know that this old man have been bitten by a vampire, yes?" Once again, I nodded. "That vampire is my good friend, before he changed. He was out of control when he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter